It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:47 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

read Dr.junigs "epidemic for addiction"- the latest article, i'll post my responce in a minute- somehow, things get deleted around here. I completely support shooting galleries for the certain sub-coulture of addicts, that have tried EVERYTHING. i'm a big advocate for pharmaceutical heroin- the swiss are way ahead. i think there should be stations that provide needles, water, vials, injection techniques,nurse?, BUT only after EDUCATION- the addict needs to know exactly the harm that could arise. i asked someone (shooter) other day if he new what talc was. he said “why?”. i said what about bacteria infections? same reply,”why” I think too many addicts play ‘chemist’ or think EVERYTHING can be made into an aqueous solution and they don’t think OR KNOW about the consequences. scared me strait to bupe

remember: NOBODY started shooting into their veins. someone taught them. that’s what they(addict) know. then they adopt their own little ritual(technique)-generizing
usually youger generation have poorer technique, because they think they are immortal.
OC was a relatively easy drug for the younger generation to learn with and now they need to be re-taught.some are going to do it anyway. we probably are saving money and lives in the scheme of things. especially peoples health! drop in HIV, hep C etc.

I think the UK is far ahead of us on this one especially with their liberal stance. JMO

this was my reponce to whether or not we should have needle exchanges and provide clean supplies in an epidemic for addiction forum. i commend nurses that do this work in the article diary posted. it's way too easy to say screw that junky:(