It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello Everyone! Today is day 7 for me after jumping off of Suboxone at .25 mgs. Right now I am feeling pretty good. The main thing that I have in the back of my head is that I made it a week! This has helped me progress through the day. Anywho, as far as my symptoms go they all sort of come and go, but they are actually pretty mild (skin crawling, heat waves, diarrhea and sneezing for the most part) Also, every 12 hours or so I get that feeling where I need to constantly urinate every freaking 20 mins LOL, huge pain in the ass when you are trying to sleep. But, it came and went twice so there's a possibility that I might be in the clear. The main thing that concerns me right now is the people that I have to talk to. I am currently living with my grandparents, who although want the best for me, get on my irritable side pretty damn quick lol. My mother who is a therapist for a rehab facility, also talks to me about twice a day. I have a few friends who have recently gotten their lives back, recovering from methadone, suboxone, heroin, etc. They claim that I can "call or text any time, I am right here with you," but lets face it, they don't really do a damn thing. I would really appreciate finding a few people that I could talk to when I get in my head/anxious and I can't go work out. So if anyone is willing to help, please let me know.

A few questions though:

1.) When do the symptoms of sub detox peak? I don't really have a problem with mine, it is sort of a roller coaster because some come and go as they please. But I just kind of make fun of it.

2.) I keep going on forums and see people posting horror stories about how the withdrawals don't even hit until the 7th/8th day. But, to be completely honest I feel like this is in extreme cases where the person has been on the subs for more than a few years and has a very slow metabolism. I was just wondering if someone would be able to share, looking back on their experience. Especially someone who jumped at .25 mgs.

3.) Also, I was wondering when the emotional withdrawal starts? Every day for the past week, I have cried a little bit, but not in a way that I felt was real. It felt forced. I actually kind of feel like I need to breakdown, especially before college starts back up next Tuesday! I have experienced a lot of emotional baggage this past year and half that I have been on subs, but haven't been able to fully let it out because I have felt like Zach Braff in garden state. lol

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I can see myself starting to check this forum constantly in the coming week and simple Q+A is something that helps me think and get out of the funky depressed feeling I get. Especially in the early mornings because Insomnia is always my biggest issue.

Thank you all! I look forward to hearing from people!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome! Its hard to put a time frame on the wd peaks because everyone is different. I jumped from 2 mgs 3 months ago and I got hit the hardest around day 12 and it lasted until about the 19th day. Nothing unbearable and I had to go to work so its doable. .25 is much lower so things shouldn't be to bad for you. I would check out johnny ikons thread and butterflying's thread as they jumped at or near that dose and posted everyday with their symptoms.

good luck and keep posting! It helps!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Manoxide- Congrats on 1 week! That is super!! As Trainer said, we are all different, but I think you have probably been through the worst of it (hurray, right!?). I jumped from .375mgs and my worst day was day 2, and I have just kept improving each day since then. Hang in there because it does take awhile to feel really good and more or less "normal" (whatever that is- ha ha), but keep focusing on your progress and you'll be fine!
Welcome and keep posting!
:D BF

Mahatma Gandhi

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you both for your feedback! Yeah I think day 3 was the worst for me, too. Which honestly wasn't that bad, looking back on it. I jumped off at 2 mgs last year, when in reality I was just being a cocky ass (so unprepared) and my worst day was 3/4.

Hello Trainer! I actually read the thread that you created back when you jumped off and that was honestly my inspiration for starting this thread! Out of curiosity, how long were you on subs before you jumped?

Butterfly, thank you for giving me hope! I believe this conundrum has started to manifest into something beautiful! For the third day in a row, my energy/motivation has been sort of sluggish up until about 2:00. I usually do my daily 6 mile run, sit on the porch, jam out to some INXS or Pumpkins for about an hour and eat some chocolate. For some odd reason, I threw up one of the vitamins and thought that my peak was blossoming. But, I was alright and proceeded to go to work 8)
By the way, how far a long are you Butterfly?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Awe!!!! Thank you. I am glad my thread gave you some inspiration. I was on subs for 5.5 years. This november would of been 6 years had I not jumped. Just about 90 days post jump and things are awesome!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Manoxide, Congrats on 1 week. That's a great accomplishment. I was on subs for 3.5 years and jumped at 2mg's and my worst nights were 4-8. Sleep is tough for the first couple weeks, but it slowly gets better. I've been off subs for just over 50 days, and the freedom I feel from getting off them is great. I also go to NA meetings to protect my sobriety, and it has helped me to sustain peace since getting off. Replacing old friends I used with has been important for me, because even with good intentions, we only know getting high together, and today I have to protect my clean time.

Anyways just wanted to congratulate you and give some hope out. I thought I would never get off Subs, and never thought I'd be so happy without wanting to use.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

No problem trainer! I loved how peppy you seemed in all of your posts, which I believe to be the catalyst for my joining/interest in this forum. I especially enjoyed hearing you talk about your animals and such! Made me nostalgic!

Breezhy, thank you for your input and support! Little things like that make going about my detox much easier! Sleep has always been a very huge pain in the ass, ever since I was a baby. Apparently I never cried that much, but instead used to get out of my crib and play with my toys 8)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijAYN9zVnwg -> This song makes me think of the person I will be when my detox is complete and the ZUBzombie I slowly digress from! Maybe thats why they played this song in one of the clubs in "American Psycho" :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOg5VxrRTi0 -> The exact mentality I have about getting through this silly, yet necessary life progression.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KCWqnldEag -> And as corny as it is, this song brings me back to days when I really got sober, for the first time.

Damn it feels good to tell complete strangers how you feel! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:26 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well, 3 straight hours is better than what I got yesterday. Can't wait to get at least 5/6 straight hours! I have a feeling it will be soon too! Hope everyone is doing ok.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

manoxside wrote:

Butterfly, thank you for giving me hope! I believe this conundrum has started to manifest into something beautiful! For the third day in a row, my energy/motivation has been sort of sluggish up until about 2:00. I usually do my daily 6 mile run, sit on the porch, jam out to some INXS or Pumpkins for about an hour and eat some chocolate. For some odd reason, I threw up one of the vitamins and thought that my peak was blossoming. But, I was alright and proceeded to go to work 8)
By the way, how far a long are you Butterfly?

You are welcome- my pleasure :D 6 mile runs after 1 week is amazing! Keep that up- great job! I couldn't manage more than a bike ride for the first week or so, but am running again now- and 2 months sub free today! 8)

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:42 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well, even though I got a few hours and ended up waking up around 3:00, I took some melatonin, fell back asleep around 4:30 and woke up ten minutes ago!! Definitely groggy this morning lol, but I think its going to be a good day!

Thanks butterfly! Usually they are a mixture of walks/runs but I still manage to pull through!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Oof, just returned from picking up my step-mom and brother from the airport. Wasn't bad, but whats up with this sudden energy-loss and dysphoria? Going to try and take a nap before I head to my therapist, but just wondering if this energy/depression roller coaster is normal/improves each day.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

And my energy is once again back? odd.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The energy ups and downs are normal. I had them and it usually peaks around day 20ish when you get more energy, less lethargy and you even out :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:23 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

trainer14 wrote:
The energy ups and downs are normal. I had them and it usually peaks around day 20ish when you get more energy, less lethargy and you even out :)
\

Day 20??? Woo! I can honestly deal with it. It really isn't that bad. I does feel a little depressing, but I laid down and shut my eyes for a good 30 mins. Before you know, I was right back up on my feet and slowly it came back! Even more so after I finished my dinner!

So just to give an update, today is the end of day 8/beginning of day 9. Right now, I feel pretty good. I still have little symptoms like sneezing, a little sensation in my neck/back, and sore legs (which honestly is probably from all the activity from today). I look forward to my acupuncture appointment on Thursday! I know that it isn't going to be "instagratification," but it's a step in the right direction. I have heard many things about the healing capabilities that it has. I can't believe that I have made it this far!! Honestly, I am feeling better each day! I have made peace with the insomnia, which will take some time. I have a sense of euphoria when I look into the future and know that everything is just going to get easier! The way I look at it is, the more that I get used to how I feel, the better I am going to feel when "normality" creeps up on me. BUT, what really is normal? Hope anyone out there that is reading this finds some inspiration from this. Yes, detox is a roller coaster ride. It certainly has the ups and downs of what you expect. If you approach everything day-by-day, see the light in everything and realize the shittiness is really just your body reorganizing itself, it's that much easier!

Well everyone, I am signing off for now. Gonna read more about Jason Mewes battle with addiction and then try to get some sleep. Later for now!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey manoxside,
Sitting here on day 16 for me, after almost 9 years on 8-12 milligrams of sub a day.
I jumped at .5 mils. But I was only on that dose for a few days, down from 1 mil.
I can honestly say, today is fantastic!
I also read alot of the horror stories online and it had me terrified. I can not be sick!
Day 3-7 werent great but no where near as bad as I expected. Days 7-16 for me have been a breeze. Of course there was the very mild flu like symptoms which I just sucked up and went on. My girlfriend asked me last night, "when are you gonna get sick?" Ummmmm, its been over 2 weeks sweetie, and I have been sick i told her. She called me a wussy.
Anyways, you are doing great and your mind is in the right place.
When you do feel symptoms, dont think about how bad you feel, think that this is just your bodies way of telling you its healing.
At the rate youre going, I promise you will start the upswing soon.
I know everyone is different but I have Crohns disease and my immune system isnt great. I tend to heal slowly sometimes.
Day 15 I was trying to find my wd symptoms....I couldnt. My energy is not perfect and sleeping isnt great but wooohooo compared to last week.
I woke this morning after 7 hours of sleep and seriously feel great!
Just keep keeping at it, a month from now you will look back and think, " that wasnt that bad". Just bad enough to not repeat it. Good luck.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

unloaded wrote:
Hey manoxside,
Sitting here on day 16 for me, after almost 9 years on 8-12 milligrams of sub a day.
I jumped at .5 mils. But I was only on that dose for a few days, down from 1 mil.
I can honestly say, today is fantastic!
I also read alot of the horror stories online and it had me terrified. I can not be sick!
Day 3-7 werent great but no where near as bad as I expected. Days 7-16 for me have been a breeze. Of course there was the very mild flu like symptoms which I just sucked up and went on. My girlfriend asked me last night, "when are you gonna get sick?" Ummmmm, its been over 2 weeks sweetie, and I have been sick i told her. She called me a wussy.
Anyways, you are doing great and your mind is in the right place.
When you do feel symptoms, dont think about how bad you feel, think that this is just your bodies way of telling you its healing.
At the rate youre going, I promise you will start the upswing soon.
I know everyone is different but I have Crohns disease and my immune system isnt great. I tend to heal slowly sometimes.
Day 15 I was trying to find my wd symptoms....I couldnt. My energy is not perfect and sleeping isnt great but wooohooo compared to last week.
I woke this morning after 7 hours of sleep and seriously feel great!
Just keep keeping at it, a month from now you will look back and think, " that wasnt that bad". Just bad enough to not repeat it. Good luck.

Hey there unloaded, thank you so much for the moral encouragement! Last night, I again had a tough time sleeping because I don't remember what happened from when I laid down at 12 and got out of bed after tossing and turning for a good 30 mins at 5:30. BUT, my mood has been so great today, I really feel like everything has made its turn for the better. My runner's stamina was noticeably better today, which gave me great euphoria! It's just necessary that I take a quick 30 minute nap here and there when my energy goes down. Then, my energy and mood goes from six to midnight! Day 15 for me will be labor day, so that really gives me something to look forward to! I also might start going back to IOP, just because I have problems with some of the meetings around my area and I liked centralized groups. Thanks again and congratulations to you on day 15!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:14 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

End of Day 9 (really day 10!) and I almost feel completely normal. I hung out with some friends tonight, which made me nostalgic of all the good times that I had with people when I was sober. It honestly felt great, especially compared to the way I felt this weekend. I went to the movies Saturday night and it was a little unbearable with some of my symptoms getting in the way. (urination being the main one -_-) But, tonight was fantastic compared to that! Anyways, gonna try to hit the sack now! Didn't get that much sleep last night and honestly I really don't even remember falling asleep, nor waking up. Maybe that's for the best...

Sleep tight all and have a good night!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

When I look back on where I was a week ago, I can't notice anything else but a vast improvement in my mental stability, physical well-being and mood. I admit that I seem to be a little moody. Right now, I am feeling a little down, a similar feeling I have been familiar with ever since I stabilized on Suboxone. Other than that, I feel great! I slept from 12:30 till sunrise this morning! then I fell back asleep for another couple of hours! I even had my first REAL dream that I haven't had since I got off of dope. I have now gotten to the point where I forget to take my vitamins LOL. Makes me feel like a human being again!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Alright folks, so while I write this post, waiting for my friends to come longboard with me, I must say that I am dumbfounded about how I feel. Today is actually day 13 but really 14 days since I took my last sub! And wow,
I feel so great! Literally these past two weeks look like a sudden blur and definitely the easiest detox I have been through. One thing I want to mention is that on thursday, I had acupuncture done, fixating on the symptoms that were still lingering. 5 mins after they extracted the needles from my body... I no longer felt a single thing. I haven't since then, either. I am going back next week to see that this treatment gets utilized! I hope someone reads this post and can appreciate my experience as something that inspires them to jump off. In retrospect, it was painless. I still have insomnia and bathroom troubles, but it's a small price to pay for something so important. The biggest advice that I have for anyone on here is to taper down SLOWLY. I was on subs for two years. Tapered almost every month and a half to let my body adjust properly. For the final week, I jumped down to .25 mgs a day (.175 twice a day). I honestly felt more withdrawal symptoms from that then I did these past two weeks. Don't listen to peoples shitty horror stories "Ohhh I didn't get withdrawal symptoms until day 9 and that's when it app got bad." That's not how it was for me at all. Maybe I got lucky, maybe. But I still felt lethargic and unmotivated and depressed. Maybe because I quit smoking and drinking caffeine, my body has been able to recover faster. Well anyways, I'm gonna I enjoy myself while I'm in this groove. Gooding world!