It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:56 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello, I have been on and off Subutex and Suboxone for 4 years, and I have noticed an extreme change in my sense of smell and taste. Everytime I start back on buprenorphine my sense of smell goes back into overdrive, and stays that way. I have searched and looked through everyone's posts and everyone has said they get overwhelming smells/tastes when going through withdrawals, but mine is the opposite I smell and taste everything way more when I'm stable on buprenorphine. Anyone else have this issue, and any thoughts on a remedy? I've been using Vicks vaporub to drown out all the other (usually bad) smells but I would like to find a way to just not smell things so intensely. I've tried benadryl which does help, but it makes me so tired. Any thoughts on a remedy?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:55 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello Digityle,

So I've never heard of anything like that before, have you contacted your doctor & told him/her what was going on? & What dosage of bupe are you on? Have you tried tweaking your dose a bit? Maybe this would help. Also, there is Claritin without antihistamine, so it won't make you drowsy.

Hope this helps...

Love,

Ash

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:34 pm 

I haven’t ever heard of this either. I’m very familiar with Vic’s Vapor Rub though lol and if ur having to use that to drown out smells then u definitely should talk to ur doctor. Vic’s is strong and usually opens up ur nasal passages. My mom slapped that stuff on me throughout my whole childhood.

I haven’t ever had any smell or taste issues on buprenorphine. When I would be in withdrawal, sometimes I remember everything would taste awful and when I’d smoke a cigarette it would just taste ridiculously disgusting.... but that’s not anything to do with what ur describing. I’m sorry ur going through this! This may not have anything to do with suboxone so hopefully ur doctor will have some suggestions.