It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:25 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

There is a correlation to dosing and my energy level.Dosing twice a day can help keep my energy level constant but after a few days no more energy and I have to go back to once/day or dosing twice quits working.

Within 20 minutes after morning dose and a few cups of joe I have good energy.I've always been a morning person so higher energy in mornings and better mood is very common for me.

By late afternoon my energy level starts to drop very fast.If I dose again my energy comes back.

Sometimes nothing helps my energy,neither coffee,dosing,etc....

Unfortunately even using short term opiates,dosing raised energy level but when meds wore off,energy level dropped.
Dosing once/day gives me the best energy in morning or upon awaking,but before the day is over tiredness creeps in.
Has anyone found what may help them?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:21 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi tired, I am actually having the same issue except mine includes mood and anxiety issues. I will get energy with my morning dose but when I start to feel it dwindle my mood becomes a little gloomy and my anxiety increases a lot. I've been diagnosed with GAD and my anxiety seems to have gotten worse on suboxone.
Do you have the lowered mood and increased anxiety as well?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:22 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Realize that people present to my office every day, saying that they are depressed, anxious, or tired. Most are not taking any opioids, including buprenorphine. Then there are the 100 patients on long-term buprenorphine-- who in my experience have about the same incidence of anxiety and fatigue as people not on buprenorphine. The only difference in people on buprenorphine is that they can blame their symptoms on taking buprenorphine.

People with histories of addiction, in general, are less likely to learn things that people without addictions learn: that someone who focuses on how he/she feels will tend to feel lousy.

Opioid addicts, in particular, are trained to be very 'somatic'-- i.e. they are tuned into every feeling, every bead of sweat, every ache, and every touch of 'anxiety'. I think the opposite end of the spectrum would be athletes; people who run marathons, for example, learn to ignore all of the constant feelings of fatigue, thirst, etc, and to instead focus on the ultimate goal.

The first comment, about feeling energy after dosing an agonist and fatigue when it wears off-- realize that is the experience of every person who has become addicted to opioids. Fatigue is one of the biggest features of opioid discontinuation. Sleepiness is a different issue, that people sometimes confuse with fatigue-- but they are two different things.

Some young people don't learn that the cure for fatigue is exercise-- on or off buprenorphine. In our teens we can get away without it... but people who exercise rarely have fatigue... and people who don't exercise do. I guarantee that if you jog for 30 minutes every other morning, you'll become more and more energized over time.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:30 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I'm on this for a month now. I have fallen dead asleep in bed while smoking, on the couch while smoking, have a nice new burn on my arm, I mean the scars I've already inflicted are apparently not enough and I could have set my house on fire. I am really good sometimes and have energy- when I started taking it I was really jumpy. I have been told in my life that I am adhd, manic depressed, bipolar, ptsd but more than anything I smoked meth for two yrs, car accident took me to legal oxycodone with methadone kicker, muscle relaxers and xanax. That's been the last 15-20 years of my life. I took myself of xanax and everything but the pain pills and now I'm suddenly walking around not needing them but still wanting "something" and going thru twitching spasms, fits of narcolepsy and at other times running around like I was young where I can't pay attention to anything and I'm bouncing off the walls. What a mess. I live alone, I lost my job being a junkie, boyfriend in jail and in general losing the happy feeling I had when I first stated taking this stuff. For once in my life I wasnt walking around needing pills. Now what? I'm forty years old and have not been truly drug free or sober since around 14-15 yrs old. I'm not sure how to be or who to be.I know it's not normal to bounce ridiculously off the walls or to nod out because I finally sat down?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:33 am 
New Poster
New Poster

And I almost forgot about the crack and cocaine period. My memory is not well.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:58 am 

Hey Saltygirl,

Welcome! It's great to have you on the forum!

I would like to recommend something to you. When you comment on an older post sometimes it gets lost in the shuffle. You should make an intoductory post in "Introductions" so that people can get to know you better!

Just a suggestion. :)

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:29 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks Amy. Things are so much better now anyway. What a turnaround. I'm amazed at what's happening in my life.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:58 am 

That's great news saltygirl! I'm so glad that you're doing that much better!

Did you start an introductory thread and let us know about you yet? Well, even if you don't, I still wish you well! :)

Amy