It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:07 am 
Hi friends! This is looking like a good day! My husband brought me the newspaper this morning and said, "I think you're gonna be real happy about this. Read it....right here on the front page!"

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article. ... body282561

Well, he was right. I am happy about this article. An addictionologist from OU's college of medicine LIKES Suboxone!!
Woo Hoo!! If it can happen here......I say it can happen anywhere!!
Not only the Suboxone thing, but the whole 'attitude' of the article!! It did not have an anti-addict slant to it like so many others. It talked about us like we're good people with a disease. I'm psyched!! Really!
I hope this makes some of you guys' Monday a little better like it did mine!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:52 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks for sharing this awesome article...I will pass this around to personal friends that I know care and understand. I was in the medical field for quite some time as an EMT and I know how important medications are to individuals that have diseases. I love the way the doctor used a diabetic as an example, I use this example all of the time. The brain is an organ too and can malfunction just like any other organ especially when the body is abused. That's why when I was in the program, I heard someone share about anti-depressant meds, I always made it my point to comment and give them a hug to let them know that's fine. We are blessed to have the technology we do today. People are living much longer and healthier lives due to all medical advances including medication. Hopefully all classes of abused drugs will have their own Suboxone type drug that will save people’s lives. It's only a matter of time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It is an EXCELLENT article. Boy...don't read some of the comments below or you will want to blow your top! Grrrr. I should have stopped reading while I was ahead.