It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:12 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello all. I don't EVER talk to people about suboxone, irl or otherwise, but I'm at a critical point in my life and need to get a real idea of the current state of things in 2016. I'm sure this question comes up a ton, but I can't seem to find any information anywhere that's not from years ago.

First, I've been on subs for about 6 years, legitimately with a prescription, with several different doctors. I've long since completely stopped having any desire to do hard drugs of any kind. However I've found that subs are many, many times physically harder to get away from than street drugs. At this point, I've just accepted that I'm going to need it for the rest of my life. I simply cannot handle months of withdrawal symptoms. Absolutely no one I know knows that I take them. Not even my long-time girlfriend (that would be a catastrophe). Like I said, I got away from the drug lifestyle a long time ago.

I only take maybe 1/4th of a strip a day at most. However, I continue to go to the doctor to stockpile them, while I have good insurance. As of now, I probably have 3 years worth saved up. I plan on doing this as long as I can, so that I don't have to worry about it for a very long time; for the rest of my life even if I can continue to do this.

So here's the deal. I got an offer, from a very successful old friend, for a job. I have never made more than about 20k a year. At 31 years old, with an increasing need to have financial security, he has virtually guaranteed me a job making 60k a year, no strings attached. It would fix everything. But I need to pass a drug test (and ongoing random screens as well). Now I smoke a little weed. He knows this, and has given me a couple months to resolve that issue. No problem, right? It's worth giving up and I can do that. But he doesn't know and will never know about the subs. He's really close to my brother too, and if my brother found out about it he would make a huge deal out of it and inadvertantly ruin many of my relationships and turn my life upside down.

It's an industrial job. In a very safety-conscious workplace. Even if sub doesn't show up, I'd feel slightly guilty about taking it. However, I know that at this point, with the small dose I take, it has almost no effect on me other than keeping the sickness away. I know I can do the job safely while taking it.

Several questions. First, of course, is will they test for it? He said it's an "in-house test". I'm not sure exactly what that means. I'd assume they still send it out somewhere to be tested. I have never had to take a drug test anywhere except sub clinics since I've been on them. I'm looking for advice from someone who has worked in a similar heavy industrial setting and has been tested. Secondly, is it ACTUALLY true that the testers will contact me BEFORE they share the results? And the employer will have NO knowledge of it? Because I do have a prescription and a doctor that would be willing to cooperate in helping me. If the employer knows about it at all, they won't hire me, even if it is legit, because of the nature of the work. I don't care about "they can't deny you for a legal prescription", because it's not like I'm going to get a lawyer and fight it. It's a miracle I'm even being offered this at all. Third, am I going to have to get a doctors note and all that EVERY time they test me? Because sooner or later it would probably come out if that's the case. Finally, will my friend be made aware of why I failed if they do test for it? He's not the head boss, but he's close with the boss (close enough to get me the job based on recommendation alone). I can't afford for ANYONE I personally know to find out. He'd probably also make a big deal in a misguided attempt to help.

So basically, is this worth my while to hope for? Of course no one can know for sure what is or isn't going to happen in this specific case, but a relevant personal experience would do a great deal to clarify my chances of success. I need this job. It's right there in front of me. I can't quit subs without help, and I don't have the option of help right now due to the fact that I have to hide this from my family, and because I can't just stop what I'm doing and go to rehab. Plus, a month has already gone by and the interview is approaching. So please don't suggest that. Any other relevant information would be incredibly helpful and appreciated.

One more thing. Subs are the worst thing that has ever happened to me. I only did pills and dope for a year and a half. I've been on this garbage for 6 years. It doesn't help, it turns you into a lifelong dependant. The withdrawal, even on a tiny fraction of a strip a day, is much worse than what I experienced with my "real" addiction, because it doesn't go away, ever. And no matter what anyone says, in my own eyes, I'm still an addict and I hate that more than anything in the world. Despite that, for the first time in a long time I have a real opportunity and I'm terrified of messing it up.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey IC,

Welcome welcome!

Let me get 2 things out of the way 1) I read your post 2Xs to best try to help you. I accept and understand most except the first 4 lines of your last paragraph. Bups been very important to me and to most here and I'll always be grateful for it. And many do taper and easily stop, including me. My belief is bup helped you far more than you are willing to admit. 2) I have no experience w drug tests in a safety focused workplace but do have some thoughts:

Is this a urine, saliva or hair follicle test? Are you guessing urine since its on site? My 2 cents is employers are free to design any customized grouping of substances into a testing panel of their choice. Or, many employers utilize a standard 5-panel test of 'street drugs' consisting of marijuana, cocaine, PCP, opiates and amphetamines. Some employers use a standard 10-panel test, which also includes prescription drugs (not bup) that are legal to possess and use. Some employers are now using a standard 13-panel test that includes bup. Is there any way you can find out from your friend what type of drug test, what drugs and how many drugs they test for? Is there a lab involved? what lab? Maybe anonymously call the lab and ask about that employer's drug tests.

This link is from a recent poster surprised that bup was included in his urine test and denied bc of it.
pre-employment-viasco-t12434.html

IC, I hate the bup stigma and feel for you, wish you well and hope this all works out, P

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:50 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks for the reply. I doubt anyone will read this muliple paragraph post either, but here goes anyway.

It's a urine test. I'm getting together with my friend tomorrow actually to go over some of the stuff for the interview process and I'm going to ask him more about the test. More than anything else, I'm worried he will find out that I'm on subs and then everyone will. I mean I know it's probably against the law for the boss to tell him, but that certainly doesn't make me feel any better. I don't even know if I want to take the test. It's a lifechanging opportunity, seriously. But my family finding out about the subs will make an even bigger impact, in a negative way. And they probably will test for it because it's 2016 and opiates are currently causing mass ruin in my part of the country.

Don't get me wrong. Subs have helped me. Hell, I even enjoy taking them to an extent. The effects are subtle but somewhat helpful at times. But still. It's a relic of a shameful past that I'm stuck with. I can't deal with withdrawal now like I could years ago, and since I can't tell anyone or seek help I doubt I'm ever going to be able to take the necessary steps required for me to get off of them. I read about people having insomnia for YEARS afterwards. I can't handle that. I get good sleep and it's a critical part of my now-neat and orderly life. I'm healthy now. Even the slightest hint of withdrawal sends me into a panic. Most of all though, it's that I've been lying to everyone I know for 6 years. I don't consider subs "clean", I'm sorry. I don't mean to offend anyone, it's just how I feel. Maybe it wasn't the best thing to say here though. I was never nearly as hardcore about opiates as the rest of my former crowd was, so for some people I'm sure it feels like a blessing. I should have never taken them in the first place. But here I am, unfortunately, having built stability around them.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:50 am 
New Poster
New Poster

After reading the thread linked in the second post, I've decided to not take the test. That guy's experience made me furious. Since we have no privacy rights and a gossipy secretary could potentially tell my friend if I fail and ruin my life, I can't take the chance.

I had written an enormous essay-post on the subject, but why bother? Anyone whose been part of the suboxone system knows how messed up it is. Sorry, but the idea of suing someone for discrimination over subs is laughable. The doctors prescribing them are basically operating outside the realm of normal medical practice (and the law). Not being allowed to use any kind of insurance for visits and being forced to pay an arbitrary amount of cash is not medical treatment, it's drug dealing. Prescribing something with absolutely no physical examination or monitoring is not medical treatment. I could go on and on. With such ambiguous rules and definitions, why the hell are they even allowed to test for it?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:36 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hello ice cube. I just wanted to clear up a couple of things on your post. I can see you are frustrated and I am sorry about that.I am by no means trying to be argumentative But I have to disagree with the Dr's "operated outside of the realm of normal medical practice and the law". In fact they have to follow many rules and regulations that the DEA have in place . Also there are Dr's that accept insurance and ones that don't. Mine accepts insurance. Unfortunately I am not covered at the moment so I have to pay out of pocket. I dont think its a very fair statement to say it's drug dealing. There are many people with many different kinds of diseases that have to pay cash for treatment and medications. Is that drug dealing also?? For me it is the better option compared to active addition! As far as not taking the test...won't that raise questions? What reason will you be giving for not taking it? I am sorry you fell like you can't tell you family and friends about you past or treatment. I am sure you have your reasons. I understand not wanting people to know and I have very little support from my family. I can't worry about their opinions anymore. They are just that.. their opinions. It doesn't define who I am today. I also have to remember secrets make me sick. I cannot hide things today. That doesn't mean I run around and tell everyone I am on subs because I was addicted to opiates. Certainly not But I won't allow my secrets to hold me back anymore because I am afraid of what a friend or family member thinks of me or my situation. That's how I stayed sick (one of the reasons) for so long. It's life or death for me for real so if someone can't accept me or my treatment that's their choice but I don't have to let it run my life today. I really hope you can find some peace with your situation and be happy and move forward. Life is rough for sure. Today with the help of subs and positive support I am learning to be happy and my own person. I wish you the best .

Willow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:21 pm 

IceCube I've held bk from answering ur post because I was afraid that I was taking what u were saying to personal. But since Willow sees it the exact way that I do, I changed my mind. I don't want to sound rude or anything just wanted to give u my opinion.

U cannot group every single dr that prescribes suboxone together like u are. The reason that ur able to post on this forum is because of a dr who prescribes suboxone, Dr Junig, who owns and started this forum. He started this forum so that addicts like us would have a place to go to, and possibly help others understand suboxone better. Please don't disrespect him by saying what u said about all sub doctors. That's just untrue, my dr accepts insurance and cash, I pay straight cash because I'm not lucky enough to even have insurance. Do I agree with everything that doctors do....no absolutely not because there are unfair ppl in this world. But I don't link every one of them as bad because of some, Dr J isn't and my dr isn't bad either. So just be aware that it can be positive. I do agree with u that there's shady doctors but isn't that the case for everything?

I'm conflicted with ppl who want to totally hide their addiction from everyone because I think it's unhealthy for ur recovery. I understand why you'd want to because of the stigma and judgements and shame we ALL face daily. But honestly it's not healthy to hide imo (and this is totally just my opinion). I don't mean to broadcast it to the world but to keep it so hidden has to be exhausting I'd think. I'd love to be an advocate for ppl with opiate addiction and inspire ppl in letting them know life can get better and to never give up. U could inspire ppl who's suffering. But that's definitely not my call, I just wanted to explain to ya that like willow said, secrets can keep u sick and imo stuck in the cycle of shame. We deserve the best and u deserve that great job regardless of ur past or what method of recovery u have chosen. I know u feel like being on sub isn't clean, but I do.

The person who was going to sue that business for not hiring them after finding out about being on sub is NOT laughable. We're like u, not against u. We go through the same things u do being an addict. Nothing will change if we just bend over and let ppl kick us in the a**. We should fight bk or nothing changes.

I just wanted u to know that we're all each other's support. If we don't change the stigma and judgements who'll do it for us? Don't give up and give urself a break. I think ur to hard on urself because ur an addict. U should be proud of urself because u seem to be pretty smart. Just my take on it, sorry this post is so long :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello Ice,

I would totally take the drug test and go for the job. I work for a company that sells drug tests. Most standard drug test do NOT test of BUP. It is rare ...not to mention and expensive to have that many panels to test. Can a company test for that many? yes, But is it normal NO. So that being said, I would take the risk. Seriously.

I would not pass up this opportunity. Obviously you have many issues with sub. But I see that you are planning on taking this for a long time since you have been stock piling.

I don't tell anyone about my suboxone use either. Very few people know about it. And my Job isnt one of them. But I differ from you in that I love taking Suboxone and I want to take it the rest of my life because I am a better person on it. I feel like I am " treating my addiction " on subs. But that is for another post.
I really hope you reconsider taking the drug test. This could be a job of a lifetime for you !!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:40 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

wow... what a thread.

Thanks, Jenn, for your kind words.

I don't have the patience that many people seem to have. I'm reading the original post, thinking I want to help this guy... and then I get to the part where he blames buprenorphine for his problems. My thought at that point was the same thing I think every time someone blames their opioid tolerance on buprenorphine--- that the person should just go back to using agonists! For 'ice'-- if you were using anything beyond tylenol 3 or vicodin, your tolerance is SURELY lower now than it was before you started taking buprenorphine. So instead of blaming the medication with BS comments about how easy it was to stop other drugs, why don't you just go back to taking your 'pills and dope'?!

What a bunch of crappy crap crap.... this 'garbage' created all of your problems.... You may have convinced yourself about your victim status, but if not for buprenorphine your use of 'pills and dope' would have progressed to heroin, as it did for everyone else. You'd have a couple felonies to show off to your friend, and nothing to blame it on but your own behavior. On buprenorphine you have been able to avoid the progression of addiction--- the progression that happens to EVERYONE who uses agonists. Or are you 'special'? Do you think you are different from everyone else? You have some way to control opioids that other people don't have? You wrote that you 'lost the desire to do hard drugs of any kind'.... you think you just figured that out on your own? You lost that desire because you are taking buprenorphine!

Your comment about being able to stop your 'pills and dope'-- it reminds me of the joke about the person who was SO able to quit smoking that he quit them ten times. So you could stop the 'pills and dope' whenever you wanted? Do you even realize that EVERYONE can quit them for a period of time-- but that for EVERYONE, the problem is that using keeps coming back?!

But none of this really matters. As I wrote at the start-- buprenorphine hasn't done anything to mess up your chances, no matter how much you are searching for a scapegoat. Starting tomorrow morning, just go back to your 'pills and dope.' You won't have any withdrawal; in fact, you will probably get a nice buzz from them. And then you can do what you said was so easy-- and just stop them. You can get away from that horrible buprenorphine that's made life SO difficult for you.

Do you REALLY believe the load you are selling?!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:16 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I have been prescribed this for 10 years and let me tell you. I don't "snort" or "shoot" or take this any other way then prescribed. I put my two under my tongue every morning to prevent from being in a hell of a world of pain. So yes. Subutex has saved my life and yet it has caused me a lot of grief and problems. I would love to come off of this but I am unable to live with the withdraws. Let me say if I could today stop taking them and not experience a single withdraw , I would for sure ! Yet , this drug is more addictive than any other I have ever been on. I do not feel normal without it. It's difficult absolutely and I am so proud of anyone that takes this medication like they are suppose to. It may be expensive but it saves you from the cost of worse addictions. Employers are going to test for this now , because it's just like any other prescription.... A prescription so yes , anything people could take with out being prescribed would be a illegal drug and would be means to terminate you or prevent you from being hired. Has nothing to do with privacy people. It's just like a script for Lori tab. Are you embarrassed because u test positive for those and have to show your script to a dr. The way employers see it, if you have a script then Jo big deal. Do you even think half of these employers know what burp is anyway ?? Of course not. Hell I still don't know what PCP is . No one is judging you , plus if it's at a lab , then yes a dr will call you first to ask if their is a reason why it showed up on your drug screen panel. These employers don't care what you take as long as it's prescribed. I don't know why everyone is getting so upset about privacy and hippa and all that jazz. If you don't get a job over it , then yea okay that would be wrong, but ever thought it could be because of your damb shift résumé or the fact you act bout famn ignorant; customer service skills , past employment history , attendance on previous job etc. More than likely , it has nothing to do with the fact your prescribed Subutex or Suboxone. Seriously , go on with your life. First if all yes , it's another drug to get addicted to I fully believe that. Yes , it saves people's lives I believe that to but people use it as a crutch . People go to work fucked up and then get a drug test and then fail for box or tec and havw a script and they still lose there job. Wonder why ? You can't take 13 Percocets and go to work even if you hqve a script. They know when your fucked up . People are somewhat stupid but even then they can tell when your five sheets to the wind. Use your common sense people. You got a script , then no damn worries . Fuck it. If someone won't hire you over it. That's crappy , but good luck proving it. Be responsible in everything you do . Seriously , this site wasn't made to be upset because people drug test . It's here for people to take about the drug , side affects, withdraw,and to talk to people that may have the same experience with this medication that you do. I dont understand why people get so upset that people test for this drug. It's because people ruin it for all of us . Just like the reason cosmetic products are so expensive because , Jane Doe decided to steal $80 worth at ulta. See what I'm saying ? Others get fucked up and bug this off the street to say fuck up and get addicted and use this drug and there for , we now get drug tested for it. Be smart guys. Not trying to piss anyone off just saying. Stop whining and change the Minds of the people that think we are all drugies. Make a difference. Stop nodding out at Burger King. Maybe things will then change. Who knows , maybe not , maybe some of these dumbass 19 yr olds who nod out at the wheel with 15 Xanax and kill some baby will continue to ruin it fot the rest of us. .... The ones who go attend out dr appts every week and join group and yet to just make it and feel normal in this world that is only beautiful from a near by windows . Start changing cof the good guys and keep cleaning up after these idiots. Only way anything will ever change.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:33 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I would rather tell someone I was on sub then to tell them I have to have 10 Roxy 30's a day. I am proud of what progress I have made. Yes , its been rough , but I don't run and hide in the corner and walk past the sub dr and go across the street when I see someone I attend church with. Id speak and say well , going to my dr appointment. True story btw. It's been a tough road but thank god I'm sober from all the pain pills I was on for so many years. I mean he'll I rarely have a sinus infection anymore. One or two a year. I used to get 5 or 6 a year due to the never ending line I put up my nose. Oh yes , forgot to mention. I am wynin myself down. I am prescribed two a day but I usually take two on Monday and then wynin all the way down to a half in wed then a quarter on Fri. I read this somewhere and I've been doing this for three weeks and guess what ... . I haven't been sick not once. Thank lord. Next week I'll start wyining myself down to one on Monday and so on until I'm done to one or maybe even a quarter a day. Never done this until now. I was on a Maintence program. Means forever on these things. Now with state laws, I went from three a day for 10 yes to two a day for past what six months ? Doing really well. Guess it never occurred to my dumbass to wyn down. It works people. Maybe one day I can say I'm done. Until then. ... You guys should be proud. If you are one of the many people that buy two or three a week off the street .... Well ,. Cut it the fuck out , your dumb . If you don't need them then stay far away from them. I'm telling you , be smart and stop paying $40 a tablet. They are $11 at my pharmacy so yea , your getting ripped off ! If you stop buying them and policies stop selling them , then guess what ?? People won't continue to judge us. You guys are doing it to yourself ! Good luck. Hope someone loves you enough to give some of y'all tough love !

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Really not surprised to see yet another person blaming Suboxone for their problems. The real problem is that you've gotten so far away from the active addict that you were, that you don't remember what it was like to pawn everything of value for a few bucks so you could pay $10/pill to the dealer for some norcos... Or, how 'some' people would go to the local walmart, steal something small, yet valuable that didn't have an alarm tag, then bring it back in for return ..because of the desperation in drug-seeking behavior. That's what Suboxone has helped you to forget. That lifestyle, waking up every single day knowing you have to do something in order to get the money so you'll make it another day without laying in bed, aching, nearly shitting on yourself, being cold and hot at the same time, not wanting to even exist. That's daily. Not once a week or every now and then...every single day ...it's the same routine. Get up, find some method to get money in order to get pills. Suboxone has done away with that. Retrospect doesn't seem to be something a few Suboxone users possess. They can't look back and realize how much better they are as a person, as a productive member of society....as just a simple human being who doesn't have to lower themselves to be embarassing to think of what you might've done today to get that same fix that you're gonna need tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day...

It's a vicious cycle.

Know what I did yesterday in order to stay clean that I'm embarrassed about? Nothing. And the day before that? Nothing. And the day before that? Nothing. Last week? Nothing.
Did I steal from walmart the last 8 years? No..(well yeah, I think I may have forgot to pay for a piece of candy...but I didn't try to throw it up later to return it for $0.88.)
Did I ruin myself with my family to the point of not being trusted in their house without someone 'watching' me? Nope..not anymore. Not since way before 8 years ago.

Did I basically throw away my vows that I took for better or worse, and decide that someone else had more to offer than my wife of 10 years. Nope. Luckily, we salvaged our marriage and what I did to it during my active addiction...and still going strong 19 years later.

Those things aren't fresh on the memory because they were SO long ago. What people need to do that blame Suboxone for their problems in life are just go back to that lifestyle if it was so much better for you. Stop letting the help that this drug is capable of giving do the work for you so you can exist and work, and better yourself and better your life...just go back to that drug-seeking PoS who steals, lies, cheats, ruins friendships and doesn't care for no one but themselves.

Blaming Suboxone is like blaming antibiotics for making you better when you have infection. All because of Amoxicillin, I don't have fever anymore. I'm not hacking up green mucous from the infection. I'm now able to eat and can actually taste the food. DAMN that Amoxicillin. I should've just stayed sick..because I could have eventually gone into septic shock...and the alternative to being well is SO much better for me.

Excuse my anger..but this is what pisses me off ... And I bring up my brother again..but I'd give anything if he hadn't taken that lethal dose of heroin and would've been on Suboxone instead..and he wouldn't have died at 28 years old. THAT is what happens to people who blame Suboxone. And the people they deter from getting help by talking in a demeaning manor about the drug that could've very easily saved my brother from death. And SO many others who die every single day.
People are dying..and some folks are worried about what "that" person will think of them.
It's better to have someone with a negative OPINION of you while your alive, than it is to have them standing over your coffin, trying to come up with the words to say after you've died from overdose.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it. (figure of speech.)

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:38 pm 

Aerandbm.......what? Lol! That post was literally the most confusing post I've read in awhile. Dude, u were all over the place. Saying F*** this and idiot that....what are u angry about and, well I'm confused. Btw Jonathan, I absolutely agree with everything u said! My fiance says "put that in ur pipe and smoke it" all the time :)

Aerandbm I don't see anything wrong with ppl asking a question about employment drug screens, and if u do then don't read it and give urself some tough love and ignore things u think is idiotic and be nice! Ur comment about suboxone being more addictive than oxycodone or fentanyl.....that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. You've obviously forgotten about how rough active addiction was, like Jonathan said. U can't ween urself off oxycodone and fentanyl, if u could have then u wouldn't have needed suboxone to begin with. U jumped around so much in ur post that I couldn't understand all of it, but we're all addicts and shouldn't be calling each other idiots.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:20 am 

Look up the word addicted and see if you used it properly. I won't even bother to respond to all the bull crap of your post because it would fall on deaf ears.

Do some research and find some gratitude about having your life saved. It's people like you who post such erroneous information about Suboxone that you take the chance to having someone die because you scared them so much they decided to keep using and OD'd.

Get informed or find another venue to post your ignorance.

Rule62

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:13 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

rule62 wrote:
Look up the word addicted and see if you used it properly. I won't even bother to respond to all the bull crap of your post because it would fall on deaf ears.

Do some research and find some gratitude about having your life saved. It's people like you who post such erroneous information about Suboxone that you take the chance to having someone die because you scared them so much they decided to keep using and OD'd.

Get informed or find another venue to post your ignorance.

Rule62

Patience wears thing with this type of folks. They don't get it. I have much harsher things I'd like to say, but I'll refrain.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:15 pm 

Thanks johnathanm,

Today I thought it over and re-read what I posted with the thought of deleting the post. But no, I'll leave it be.

What I have noticed, and I'm not sure if everyone can access the same information, but if you click on a members profile it'll say when they last logged in. These doomsday posters seem to only post negative stuff and then never return to read the responses. Kind of like a little kid rubbing their hands together after they bullied someone. Here is a copy of it from this morning:

Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:50 pm
Last visited: Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:33 pm

Once in awhile I'm wrong about a members intentions. (you know who you are) If so, I will apologize and either delete my remarks or edit them so as not to dis any member who is not deserving.

I think my time here has something to do with it. We old-timers, (you included) start to get a little irritated when reading the same bashing posts over and over again. With our new mods it's allowed me to sit back and let them be the gracious ones. Numerous times I've deleted harsh remarks made by me late at night when my patience runs thin. So this one will stay and we'll see if the poster will respond.

rule

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:48 pm 

Late at night when my patience runs thin", man you got that right Rule.
I can't count how many times ive deleted BEFORE I hit send. :shock:

We just know what we know and hope others learn or catch up someday

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:33 pm 

Oh gosh, I can't count how many times I've typed out this huge rant and by the end of the post I start second guessing my harshness (I've discussed that with all the other mods lol thoroughly) and delete the entire thing. I think all of us that are passionate and protective of this life saving medication, feel this way when someone comes in with this horrible attitude. Rule, I think it becomes easier to spot the ppl that's only here to bash....ur pretty good at it. U can just tell when someone isn't here for the same reasons the rest of us are. I think it's pretty awesome that we all come together against the bullies because this is a positive place....no bullies allowed :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:29 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I doubt the original poster is still around, but all he has to do to get his 60K a year dream job is to explain to his potential employer that's he's in recovery on Suboxone, a drug that involves no high....or any kind of buzz whatsoever for the already addicted. It also renders any kind of opiate drug useless. And oh yes, it removes any cravings for those drugs. So that in reality his chances of ever using opiates again
are effectively nil, as long as he stays on his meds.

The poor guy seems to live in some sort of evil world in which the mere mention of the word "suboxone" will instantly destroy his life. Of course the irony is that it's his own self defeating ideas that are doing that,,,although not completely because whether he knows it or now, he's sober....not counting the weed which he's agreed to give up. I don't know why he assumes the employer won't understand about the subs
when he's being so reasonable about the pot.

Yes, it' possible his potential employer is as ignorant as he is, but with the periodic drug screen he won't get the job anyway. Honesty is his only way out. . I'd also give the potential employer a letter from my doctor attesting that suboxone will not impair anyone using it to stay clean.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:23 pm 

I just checked. Here is the latest detail from Aerandbm69 :

Last visited: Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:26 pm

So he/she was here yesterday but chose not to post.

r

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:34 pm 

Thank you Rule for that info! :)