It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: emotionless
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:32 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Emontionless:
Been on subs for 2 months, they did save me cold turkey was killing me. Sweating, anxiety and snappy. Working more than full time I almost lost my job becaus of my behavior.
Past 3 weeks have felt so flat. Cannot find anything to get me going. Tennis helps but cannot stay on the court all day. Have just made an apt. with a therapist, I guess no ups or downs or better than being addicted to pain meds.
I did cut back on the subs but still feeling nothing. The subs do work tho, I did turn down a script yesterday for norco.
Miss feeling like a person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey seamonkey,

You're certainly not the only one to feel a lack of emotions while on Suboxone. Several of us have reported that flat feeling while on Suboxone.

There's a whole other thread somewhere around here about feeling emotionless. I'm guessing it's in the Side Effects area. If I recall properly, the thread gets quite heated at times, but you may still want to check it out. I think the title is Emotionless or Emotionless while on Subs.....something like that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ya emotionless on sub thanks romeo i forgot about it". seamonky' i have problems with my emotions too" but don't worry to
much about it". it comes and go's'. are you on any medications? they can help with this feeling.
some how they can bring you out of that feeling? it gets better!! i can remember how i felt when off suboxone, and on those
nasty drugs, and my emotions were flying all over the f'n place. but now i have days where i'm kinda in the plain old mood like dreamy feeling later in the day. but wene i get going" i get GOING!! :lol:

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:19 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey seamonkey,
Sorry to hear your feeling like this. I can totally relate. I felt this same way on suboxone. I felt a huge difference in my mood once I switched from suboxone to generic subutex. Do you mind me asking what your current dose of suboxone is? You might want to think about asking your doctor to lower your dose even more or switch you to generic subutex. {That is just Buprenorphine w/out the naloxone} It's worth trying.

Keep us posted :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

LOL I am the author of the original emotionless thread I posted a link down below you will find everything you need in this thread.

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4287&highlight=
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just wanted to post that not everyone has this issue. I'd say about the same amount of people that say they have this issue state that they don't have this problem. Just wanted to point that out.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

i agree with hat". before i was on suboxone i would have the emotionless problem" but not thinking of it so much. i think about it more now' and that tends to trigger the problem it self :?