It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:12 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thanks just went to urgent care. I have bronchitis possibly asthma as well or chronic bronchitis. They did a nebulizer treatment and scripts for an albuterol inhaler, z-pak and medrol. I asked a million times to be sure nothing was narcotic!!! Hopefully I start feeling better now! Thanks for the tips guys!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:49 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Very similar to what I have and was given lol.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:01 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

The doc called after I left and said they saw something else in my right lung on the screens. I need to go back in two months to be sure it went away. She thought it was most likely just pneumonia but wanted to be sure it wasn't something worse! Plus she said I really need to quit smoking, which I KNOW I've heard it so many times! But this is a ton of changes at once so I'll really try cutting back but it might take some time to quit for good!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:06 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Try an E-Cig! I love them. Good luck on recovery!

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:16 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey guys, it's been a few days since I checked in with everyone and updated what's been going on. I'm sloooowly getting better from the bronchitis, I'd say 75% better. I'm still wheezing and needing to use the inhaler a few times a day. A lot better then it was a week ago though. Kinda wish I could check back in with the doctor regarding the bronchitis but since I don't have insurance, I have to be really picky with how and when I can spend money on doctor visits! Steve- since you have bronchitis experience maybe you can help me a bit with figuring out if this is all normal still or if I need to see the doc again. Still coughing, z-pac ect meds are done. Like I said still some wheezing but a lot less. I'm also trying to figure out what is attributed to the subs and what is "normal" I recently started the 2nd sub script, which was from a different pharmacy, totally different looking pill, and this new one dissolves really quick and doesn't cut easily, it usually crumbles a lot, even just cut in half. I feel like its not the same strength or something or its just dissolving too quick? I've been staying at 8mg split in two doses but feel urges for pain relief. (Maybe some of the bronchitis still?) I'll have spurts of energy for a few hours but then get super tired and feeling crappy and falling asleep once or twice a day at odd times. Any advice would be great and soooo appreciated!!! Thanks! Hope you are all doing well!

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:02 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hey Emmy!! I was a little worried about ya, not gonna lie, I'm so glad you came back on here and checked in with us lol. I'm not sure on the bronchitis but I do know that I am wheezing a little again and feel congested. I wonder if it's a little bit of an allergy you may have? I think that's my issue now...this year is suppose to be pretty bad because of the cold long ass winter we had. my guess would be allergies, I have to get some more Claritin but it's soooo dam expensive. Try an allergy pill but stay away from Benadryl as you know it makes ya tired....let me know how that works, I've been using my inhaler every day and it kind of irritates me...It seems I have full blown asthma now, I was racing my son last night from the ball field to the car and couldn't catch my breath....sucks.

Hang in there, it'll get better. Glad you are back! Have a good day.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:11 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Steve! Funny you say about the Claritin because I DID actually start taking Zyrtec about 3 days ago and that really changed a lot!!! I had no idea it would make such a difference considering all the bronchitis meds I was taking!! I'm one of those crazy couponers so I only got the Zyrtec because I got a good deal for it!! lol I'll probably have to see a doctor though eventually and see if its something more then just the allergies and bronchitis. Maybe when I see my suboxone doctor, I can ask him to check it out? He's a Gyno doc lol but maybe he can see if there's anything else going on! lol I pay him $150 for a 5 min or less visit so maybe he can give me a few extra minutes of his time!! So Steve- you had asthma before you got the bronchitis? The urgent care doc I saw last week thought maybe chronic bronchitis but maybe it's asthma? Or just really bad allergies? Well I'm just hoping it gets better soon! I'll keep taking the Zyrtec though. I didn't take any cold meds today so I'll try not to and see if that changes anything, maybe too much was making me tired and feeling crappy sometimes! Plus I know the smoking isn't helping!! I got a cheap e cig but am not really crazy about it, I still need the real thing! Maybe if I invest in a better one? I don't know. Anyway thanks Steve!!! How have you been doing with the suboxone? I'm on day 26!!! Woohoo! It's crazy to see that it's been that long already! It's already changed so much though with having money now for other things!! My hubby and I used to fight all the time, and since I started suboxone we've had only one big fight and it was actually about HIS drug use. I felt like he was taking fist fulls of muscle relaxers to get fucked up, he was saying it was to help his pain since he never filled his oxy script. Anyway I threw his pills away in the middle of it lol I did feel kinda bad after that, but he had a refill so it wasn't the end of the world. And we agreed he'd wait till bed time to take them so he wasn't looking messed up in the evening! We're a work in progress still but it's amazing how far I've come in 26 days!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 3:46 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I went to an outdoor festival downtown with my daughter yesterday, had a really good time! The crazy thing though, I almost FORGOT I couldn't drink! Geez! In hind site it wasn't the best place to go considering half of it was alcohol, it just totally never occurred to me! We were walking and I saw someone with a mojito, I was like ohhh cool I love those, I should find where they have them! Then like 5 minutes later I was like shit, I'm not supposed to drink anymore!!! Is that the dumbest thing ever?? My daughter doesn't know anything about my recovery or drug use, so it was really weird to just change the subject and stop looking for them. I was telling my hubby later and my daughter was like oh Mom, we never found the Mojito stand!!! I was just like ohh yea I forgot about it. Anyway, hope you all had a good weekend!

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:13 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Haha! I am going to see how it goes at my brothers wedding in September, usually when we all get together we have a big party and drink it up. I was telling my oldest younger brother (if that makes sense lol) that I won't be drinking because of my medicine and he got all serious and was like .oh. that sucks! lol. but I told him the new me knows how to have fun without enhancers haha. It will be trying but it'll be fun. Glad you didn't have a drink. I'm wondering though if one wouldn't be so bad? I'm just worried it would make us sick.....I've NEVER had a problem with alcohol so I think I'd be ok to have a drink but might not even be worth it! Hope you are having a good day!

Steve.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 3:32 pm 

Emmy, how are you?? Where ya go ??

Hope things have srablized for you.

razor..

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:06 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey razor! Thanks for checking in on me! I'm plugging along I guess. 51 days. I've actually gone back and forth with the dose a few times. Between 12mg or 8mg. I'm having trouble getting the pain totally under control so it's not a GREAT place to be, ya know? Makes me still have those days where I say "were the Oxys really that bad?" Plus I feel like I'm sooo tired A lot! I stopped the gabapentin for the most part (my doc suggested that was the reason I was so tired all the time) he said Somas were ok for now, but to work on getting off them. So now I'm taking one a day usually. Less then before but more then when I first started the subs. So I don't know, I'm still figuring it out. I just wish I could get the pain under control, that's where I feel I could go off course eventually. Really interesting thing that happened though, I was in a not very serious car accident yesterday, and was in a lot of pain on my left side, and the good part was I never even thought for a second that I'd try to get pain Meds! That was a good feeling today, like I've seen a difficult situation and had no desire to go back to Oxys, if that makes sense. Thanks again for checking in. Any ideas about being soooo tired all the time? Any suggestions welcome! Thanks!!

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:46 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hey Emmy and Razor,

It's been a while! Emmy I'm glad you are ok. Been thinkin about ya's. I've been really really tired and worn out too lately. Raz is that normal? around this time period? My wife has seen a difference in my moods, I feel blah all the time and I'm trying to kick it but it seems almost impossible....I hate this feeling.....like nothing makes me happy or excited like it use too. I'm going on 71 days now....Hoping I'm not going into a depression. Talk to ya's soon.

Steve.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:03 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Steve, glad to see a post from you, and that I'm not alone with the tired thing! Some days I really can't get moving at all. Even when I set an alarm to get my daughter off to school, I end up falling back asleep after she leaves. One day till 3pm! Doesn't matter what I do or what I have planned, I can't stay awake. Part of my problem I think is I don't have a job outside the house right now. I'm not sure if it would make much difference though. I missed my daughters softball game Saturday because I just couldn't wake up and stay up! I've never missed a game so that felt awful. Some days I'm sleeping 12-15 hours and still feel exhausted. I'm gonna try going back to 8mg and see if that makes a difference, and try taking the subs earlier in the day. I tried going off my allergy Meds for a few days to see if that was an issue, but no difference. The only other thing I take is the klonipin, just one at night so maybe I'll have to try taking that out and see. What have you tried so far Steve, anything?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:19 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Emmy, you an I inducted about the same time and you gave me a lot of encouragement, I appreciate that. :) Have you had your dhea levels checked? I'm going through this right now. Longterm opiate use can have a profound effect on your endocrine system, and fatigue is a bigee. I'm going through this now, but it's like pulling teeth to get drs to order a simple blood test. But it is very prevalent. Just something to think about. Good luck, CC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:45 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey CC yes sorry I've been so scarce!!! Hope you are doing good! As far as blood tests go, nothing I can do right now. I have to wait until October for open enrollment to get on my husband's insurance. I turned it down when we got married last year thinking I'd be covered under medical assistance, uh no, my hubby makes too much money for me to come anywhere close to qualifying. So I don't know, I'm just imagining anything like that would cost a lot of money. I think I've been taking a weird cocktail, if you will, with the gabapentin, soma, klonipin, and suboxone, plus Advil pm. I was reading about cns depression, which seems like the extreme, but maybe something along those lines. The crazy part is my sub doc is the only one who knows everything I take, and didn't really make any connection, except saying yeah the gabapentin will make you tired, try just taking two at night. Which was even worse. Anyway, thanks for the input, my mom was suggesting too that I need things tested, so we'll see if its something I can swing eventually!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:46 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Heya Emmy,. I haven't really tried anything besides going to bed earlier, sometimes it works sometimes it don't. Even typing this post my eyes keep shutting lol. I'm gonna go and get another coffee! I have been feeling a little better, been working out a lot so I'm hoping that will give me more energy over time. One can hope right? ;). Have a good day! Have you heard from Raz lately?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:05 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

That's a good idea. Exercise and maybe eating healthier? Yea definitely worth a shot. Today I had so much to do, I was up for a few hours this morning then fell asleep, literally couldn't keep my eyes open like you said. The weird thing was I woke up to the tv on a show, I think tabatha takes over. Where she goes in to the salons and figures out why they aren't making money, helps them fix it. Anyway let me get to the point!!! The one guy would come in and then in the middle of work take naps! He ended up admitting that he was taking KLONIPIN at night and then tired all day long! I literally sat up in my seat like holy shit, what are the odds of this?? I never took klonipin in my life until my SUB doc prescribed it!!!! Anyway DONE DONE DONE with it! I'm excited to see how much better I do without it!!! I kept brushing off anything I took the night before, especially since it was one pill. Amazing how that show was on with that subject! I'm really hoping that's the problem!! Oh and no haven't heard from raz lately either but I've barely been on myself. I'll let ya know how it works out skipping the klonipin!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:27 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Yeah that is weird! lol. what are the odds indeed! I used to take klonipin, and I was tired a lot on that too. but I'm sure I didn't use it as prescribed....Let me know how you are doing off of it! I hope you are having a good day, and if not, MAKE IT A GOOD DAY! lol. later.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hey there Emmy, although I've never chimed in on your thread,I have kept up with nearly every post. I'm prescribed klonopin, but maybe only take it once or twice a month if need be for extreme anxiety and/or insomnia, let's just say I've got a lot of family drama, LOL, anyway,a couple years ago I was rx'd 1mg klonopin 2x daily and for the entire first month I could barely stay awake, nodding of at work, sleeping entire weekends away, etc., even after halving the dose, so I decided to just take a half mg as needed to see if that would help. after that, the problem went away, & after a couple months,i felt I didn't need it anymore, never asked for a refill, and just stopped taking it, but in my opinion, the klonopin is probably the culprit in keeping you so tired. I never had a problem with benzodiazepines, always took asdirected or less, and never had a hard time leaving them alone. it can be dangerous for some to just suddenly stop taking a benzo, so if you've been on them any length of time, check with your Dr before discontinuing suddenly. hope you feel more yourself and awake soon :-) it's no fun to have zero energy! please let us know how you get along.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:24 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Lizzie and Steve! Sorry it took so long to get back to ya! So I think it was the klonipin. I should have taken your advice Lizzie with slowly getting off it. It's been a rough week!! I stopped the klonipin, gabapentin AND my allergy Meds just in case. The first two days nothing changed, then the last week I've felt like I'm going through withdraw. So I actually had trouble sleeping at all. I've been taking more soma too just to keep my muscles from shaking. Ugh I kept thinking though I didn't want to go backwards and start taking it again. So today was the first decent day, now I'm trying to get sleep back on track. (The last few days I've been up till 4 or 5 in the morning) This has not been easy to say the least. I hope I haven't made anything worse by taking more soma but its like trying to decide the lesser evil!!! Anyway hope you're all doing good! How's your sleeping been Steve? Did it get better for you yet?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next