It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:33 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I've been thinking that way too but I want to make sure, I know a lot of people start to feel fine but it's just because of taking medicine...Just be careful, I'd hate to see you fail. You are on a roll!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:37 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Good morning Emmy! hope all is well and you are having a fantastic day! I found this in the "Talk Zone" portion on this forum and I think it may be helpful for you and to decide on how long you should stay on Subs, I started reading this and thought of you. Here is the link:

http://suboxonetalkzone.com/why-do-some ... enorphine/

I hope this helps shed some light on the subject.

Have a good day!

Steve

In case the link doesn't work, search for "How long to be on Subs". Also, I'm going to email you something Dr. Junig sent me yesterday via email.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:39 am 

Great advice Steve, we cant read enough about this.

As steve has said Emmy, your on a roll!!!!
And low doses work well too...

Raz..

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:31 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Thank you for your earlier post Raz, I wasn't aware that there was a 95% relapse rate if on subs for less than a year, I appreciate you posting that, my doctor only has me on a 6 mos program as I stated in my prior post...I'm going to have to talk to him about this. that 95 % is a scary number man...Emmy, I think we should stay on them for a little longer....

I missed your post earlier Raz, sorry about that.

Steve

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:28 pm 

Hi Emmy,

I agree wholeheartedly with Razor. If you quite suboxone now you are setting yourself up for likely relapse. You need time to experience life without the obsession of addiction. Please see an addiction therapist during this time. I did, and it helped me recognize triggers and self destructive behavior. Everyone who is an addict got there from using maladaptive coping skills. You need to understand some things about yourself so that you can guard against falling into old patterns.

I'm not going to lie. Some people find it difficult to get off subs when the time comes, but when you're truly ready you will find a way. If you can patiently go through a slow taper down to very small amounts, the process can be pretty painless. That part is up to you.

Right now you could concentrate on making sure you're on the right dose of sub. What you want to do is to find the least amount of sub that still controls your cravings. So if you're at 8 mg right now, try dropping to 6 mg and see how it feels. If the cravings are still at bay go ahead and drop to 4 mg. The moment you start feeling the cravings come back, go back up to the previous level. The smaller the dose you are on the less time your taper may eventually take after a year or two of being on sub.

I hope you're doing well, Emmy!

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:26 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey guys, thanks for the continued advice and support. I've just been dealing with this sinus/cold/whatever the hell it is, and not even thinking about the subs today. I actually forgot to take the first dose today so I took the 2mg and 4mg a few hours apart in the evening. Hopefully I didn't get too off track. I was trying to take the doses at the same times every day. I just took my night time cold meds so hopefully I can sleep, I'm having a lot of chest pain from the coughing so much, hopefully not a respitory infection or anything! Ugh no fun!! I'll get back to the suboxone mind set tomorrow or the next day hopefully! Thanks again!! I'm definetly not going to do anything drastic, if you consider the drop from 8mg to 6mg a taper? Then I'll do it slow I'm sure. Hope you all have a good night!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:56 pm 

Hey Emmy, sorry your feeling so sick.
That just sucks. Hope you get some good sleep too..

Tapering is more like a loug process to the end of sub treatment, imo.
I started on 16 over 3 years ago. I got down to 4 over thecwinter.but you know what happened? I didnt really feel well on 4mgs. So at the begining of march, I went up. 5mgs. Tgen 6 mgs.a week later. So, now do I feel bad or like a loser becuz I went up? Sometimes I do. Is it in my head? Most likely.id bn on 6 the year before for the entire year. So be it.

I really felt by this summer id be at 2 mgs.others do it. Taper? Its a process, a plan.......get well so ...razor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:55 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

So as some of you know my hubby has back problems and was taking oxys as well. We agreed that something like that can't be in the house anymore and I can't have any access too. He went to see his pain management dr today and explained the situation and the doc told him there wasn't much else he could take and prescribed OxyContin (the time release ones). I feel like this could still be a risk for me to be around, right?? My hubby WAS on board that nothing like that could be in the house but after seeing his doc, he's wanting to get that script filled. I'd hate to make him suffer if he really "needs" it, but wouldn't that risk my recovery? Thoughts please!!! Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:26 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

That's a tough situation. I have to deal with this sort of thing also, my father in law lives next door and has Morphine, Methadone and valiums....my wife uses them sometimes as well, you just have to be tough in this situation I guess....I'm really not too sure what to say. I haven't had any wants to do them so I've been lucky, we will see how it goes in the near future, I really don't think of opiates anymore, I won't even smoke weed when my wife does. Just have to want it Emmy! you can do this!

Steve

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:01 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I guess I just sort of had it set in my head that I shouldn't be around any narcotics. The only time I felt it was a risk was back on day 3, when I was in so much pain and freaking out! I thought I may have taken something had it been around then. It's hard to make a decision now I guess, I know he'd do what I wanted but also keeps going back over his pain issues so it seems like he really wants to fill it. So Steve- you're thinking its not a risk for me to be around, as long as I have the right mind set and self control?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:27 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I hear what you are saying. I can't say that Emmy, if you feel the cravings and the wants to do it, then you can't be around it, cause one little slip and you could relapse....Can he lock it up so that you can't get to it? and would he be strong enough to tell you no if you do ask him for them? It's a touchy subject....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:05 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Well no he would give in. His doc prescribed gabapentin as well, which is what I take and kept telling him to ask about it, that it really helps! So he went to the pharmacy and the gabapentin they could fill but the oxys they didn't have! So I said that's a sign to just try the gabapentin for a few days and see if you even need the oxys!! He seemed totally bummed about them not having the oxys, so I knew he really wanted them but I try telling him those oxys play head games with you!! You think you need them but you really don't! They're not meant to stay on for years, and I actually believe doctors are doing people an injustice by prescribing them long term, you almost have no choice but to get hooked! Then the docs treat you like a nut case when you have an addiction to them! Trust me, my family doc treated me like shit when I told her almost 2 years ago that I thought I had a problem with them, she acted like I was just lazy and could stop taking them if I really wanted too. Sorry not sure why I went off on that subject! Lol so hopefully he'll do good with the gabapentin and not need the oxys. Even his family doctor suggested subs for him!! And he keeps saying I don't want that, I don't have a problem!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:10 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

The crazy part too is the pain management doc that prescribed the oxys to him today is MY pain management doc who told me I had a problem!!! So you'd think since he knows we are married wouldn't give them to him or would at least try something else first!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:51 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

If he would just give Suboxone a try, he would realize how good they would work! well, if you ever get the urge to take some, DONT! lol. Get on here and get some support. I think he definitely has an issue with them, and you are right, doctors used to give them out like candy....that's the problem! well I'm outta here, have to go catch a group session! have a good night!

Steve.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:46 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Right well I may be on the road to convincing him. He sees the subs as something only people with a big "problem" need. So I've been telling him they are used to manage pain as well. My pain for the most part is being managed with them! He's just really stubborn for one and two thinks he has bigger pain then anyone could possibly understand and so oxys are the only thing that will help. Plus he's been so focused on my problem that he doesn't realize he may have a problem too. Anyway, I told him we need to find a meeting and go together just to check it out and see if he relates to any of it I guess. Thanks Steve! Hope you're having a good day!! This sinus/cold crap is killing me, I'm thinking maybe bronchitis so I'm hoping to get to the minute clinic today or tomorrow to get checked out, especially since its been 8 days almost now and not getting better!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:52 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Oh and I went back up to 8mg of subs yesterday, I did 6mg for two days but yesterday was feeling urges like I could use the pain relief so I figured not worth it right now especially with being sick and having chest pain. I should just wait till that's all figured out before trying to lower the dose. No rush anyway, right? If there's any urges it's not worth risking it I figure.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:08 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hello! maybe one day he will realize it.

I have a cold coming on....I just got over bronchitis myself....had It for a few weeks, thinking it would get better but NOPE! had to get antibiotics and was great for about a week and a half...now starting to get a cold again....probably aids lol....God I hope not..anyways, have a great day and you did the right thing!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:40 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Do you mind me asking what your symptoms were for the bronchitis? Or how the doc determined that's what you had. I've been debating if I should spend the money to see someone at the minute clinic, since I don't have insurance. I'd hate to blow the money if I'm wrong and it's just a really long cold or something. (I would definitely go if they can prescribe something that will help!) Just curious, thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:06 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Emmy

Just wanted to suggest you go to a doctor to get checked. Even if it is a sinus infection they should give you antibiotics. The mention of chest pain is what concerns me, that is a sign of bronchitis. I had bronchitis & wasn't even coughing that much. I know of 2 ways it is diagnosed, when they listen to your lungs there is a "rattle" or not a good flow! of air & also an x-ray. Most of the time the doctor can tell by listening to your lungs.

Glad you are talking to the hubby about meetings & sub. Really glad to hear you are getting pain relief you need!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:37 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Good morning!

Pretty much what TIKI said, I had the rattle in my chest but mine was mixed with Asthma and my left lung wasn't even wheezing, which wasn't a good thing, my oxygen level in my body was at 91% (not sure if I mentioned that) so he had me do a breathing treatment then my lungs were both wheezing...which was a good thing. Anyways, I wasn't coughing either but I would wake up with my lungs being filled with I guess liquid...which would scare me.....glad it didn't turn into pneumonia! Good luck Emmy, I think you should go to a dr. I finally went after putting it off for a month..

Have a good day all!

Steve.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next