It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

K

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:20 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

:D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:25 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

lol thanks! Try smoking a cigarette with the sub under your tongue! Uhhh stupid! lol

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:15 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Well I'm in need of some advice!! Hopefully Steve or Romeo, razor, Amy, TD can guide me! I kinda wish this was like Facebook where you could tag someone! lol so anyway, the issue, I've been doing pretty good with 8mg subs per day for the last few days. I've been splitting one pill and taking 4mg in the morning and 4mg in the evening, which has worked pretty well! So today I took my half (4mg) around 10am like normal, felt fine for awhile but now within the last hour I've been really sluggish almost high feeling. I was talking to my mom on the phone a few mins ago and she asked if I was drunk! She said my words were slurring. I agreed to an extent that I felt kinda out of it! So any idea what's going on?? I haven't changed anything in days! The only other thing I took was aleve and the gabapentin like normal. Any ideas why I'm like this today? I was just at cvs as well to check the price on the suboxone so god only knows what the pharmacist was thinking of me!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:31 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

hmmmm. I don't take the pills, I only take the film as of right now....I really don't know how to answer this because I think I've already have the "ceiling effect" going on....I don't remember feeling like that, but I haven't taken other things with the suboxone, just an occasional excederin when I need it (throbbing legs). not sure why my legs did that a couple days ago...I'm sorry I don't know how to answer this, but maybe one of our other professionals on the suboxen topic can answer you. Sorry emmy..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:03 pm 

Hey Emmy, so you have only taken the first dose of for mgs today? Do I have that right?
If so, it seems that your due for the next dose. We are supposed to hace a even feeling for the day, that when I know im on the right dose.
ive had this problem in the past. Feeling tired for me means im under dosed..

May ya need your second if im reading you correctly

razor..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:14 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Ohhhh ok, I was thinking the opposite! Yea I only took the 4mgs so far today. I thought that somehow it was too much if I sounded drunk! Plus I'd hate to make people like my mom have trouble trusting me that I'm doing what I'm supposed to, ya know? I was just so confused why it turned out that I seemed messed up today! Frustrating! So you're saying I need to take the second dose you think?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:23 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I had trouble sleeping last night, my mind obsesses over things on a loop so my mind would not let go of the whole BP thing! Maybe lack of sleep and the subs just made me out of it? I appreciate the responses guys! As soon as I think I have a handle on everything, I'm jolted back to reality that this is all still very new to me!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:28 pm 

Let me add this too. We really are t to take this becuzwe dont feel right or wroug. Being on sub is supposed to give us a normal even kind of day.
I know your still tryn to stablize and seems that your getting there.

Try to set a time for each dose. Not "as needed" kind of thing ok? 10 am then maybe 4 or 5 pm..some kind of steady time frame. If I remember you also have pain issues?

So....ya hate thoses looping thoughts of woe...I have them too..Have you thought about any meetings yet. Just one or two to see what you think.

Razor...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:23 pm 

Emmy, I hope adding my opinion doesn't confuse the situation. First of all, until your body gets used to the sub you can have feelings of being "off". Many times if you are feeling a little high it can mean that your dosage doesn't need to be quite as high. Once your receptors are filled up, a little sub can go a long way, because sub can stay on your opiate receptors for over 24 hours. So it's possible that an 8 mg dose is slightly high for you.

So you have two options. 1. Go with the dose your doctor gave you and eventually these kinds of side effects will diminish as your body becomes tolerant to the level you are taking. 2. You can take 3 mg in the morning and 3 mg later in the day and see if that dose makes you feel more normal.

Neither of these are life and death decisions, so don't get upset if it's hard for you to decide what to do. Because honestly, if having 2 choices are feeling too much for you, just let your body adjust to the 8 mg.

I hope that helped instead of confusing you. :)

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:57 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Razor- first thank you!! I have been trying to get it routine but not quite enough yet I guess. I guess I've been feeling the need to wait as much as possible so I don't "run out" of doses and have pain later in the evening. It's the old habit I need to break I guess! I'll try to do a more consistent time then. And right I need to look into meetings, I had planned to go to one last week then felt shitty for two days and skipped it and now I'm trying to catch up everything I've neglected doing last week! My one question about the NA meetings- are they usually supportive of suboxone? Do you know? Thanks for answering so much!!

Amy- the dose my doc gave was 24mg a day!! So that was way too much I believe! I've had a few days where I needed 12mg but mostly 8mg now. I could try doing six though like you said, I'll see how it goes tomorrow I guess. Thanks!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:30 pm 

I just lost a loug post to this. Not starting all over

You had a 10 a day 15mg oxy addiction. Ave dose that ive seen at clinic 8 to 12mgs a day, some drs give out 16 to 24mgs.
yes thats high.
After a hard week you seem to be doing ok on 8mgs. Remember, an even, normal type feeling. How did you feel AFTER you took the 2nd 4 mg dose today?? That should tell you alot about just what dose is working and where your at with all today..Wish this had been easier for you. But week one is done and you seem to be doing ok.

Try to stick to a dose.

Will NA support yourcsub therapy, in a word: No, ...not really.
and for many reasons. You will find people to help becuz your there need support and help, but DON'T talk about Suboxone in the meeting or afterwards.many reasons for this...

Lastnite, I went to the 12STEP FORUM and found a great older thread in titled "Na and Suboxone". Go find it and read it. Its loug, but give a good over view.

Hope some of this helped...im getti g confused myself...ha

Try to stay on one dose number Emmy....

just my 2......cents.....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:49 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

So just felt really irritable after the 2nd dose and still having pain and headaches. Do you think it makes a difference if I take the whole 8mg at once or split it in two doses like I have been? I'm feeling like the two doses is better but not really sure? I'm still trying to figure out if what BP was telling me was totally accurate. I've been basing everything on what he/she told me so see that's where I get confused. He was saying to stick with one dose for a week at least to give it time to really try that dose. You think that's right? If so I've been doing 8mg since Saturday so four days so far. Splitting the dose since Sunday which I thought was working better. Sorry if I'm confusing you!!!! And sorry for so many questions, if you get tired of answering I'd understand, I'm probably getting annoying by now!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:05 pm 

Emmy, no , never stop asking ?'s if you have them. We are tryn . Im just stroug on geting to a dose thats the same over a 24 hour time period. Im also readi g others suggestions too, hence my confusion. Romes iscright, and Amy too, headaches are a sign of to much sub.

Like ive said it happened to me a time or two, but loug ago.

So ya felt poorly after your last dose today? 4mgs..hey your useing the tablets right?

Films would be much easier to spilt. Like Amy sugested maybe drop to 6mgs, I just thought with your old addiction to those blues would need more. I could be wroug. Hopefully your getting enough as your spilting the tablets..and you have pain too?..

Emmy, were not even sure B P IS OR WAS AN ADDICT. let alone taken suboxone, although she seemed helpful.. go back ovdr your thread , the newer one and see what people have said. I wish I new what elsecto tell you , except to stay on one number, 8?, this week and see. Maybe alittle less.

Razor...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:56 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Emmy,

Don't ever feel bad for asking questions, here is my experience, the doctor started me on a really really low dose ( 4mg a day ) not sure why....then I told him that was definitely not enough and of course being an addict, I took more than the prescribed dose, I started taking 1 1/2 (12mg) a day (all at one time) and felt pretty good. The doctor then put me on 10mgs a day. Once I learned about the "ceiling effect" thanks to Raz, I now know that less is more! I think I found my dose, which is 8 mgs a day, I really want to stick to this too, my thinking is it will be much easier to taper once I'm ready to do so. I kind of feel ready now but it's only been a month and I think it's just because the medicine is working great and that's usually what happens, someone gets on the meds, makes them feel normal then they think they can just stop it.

My suggestion is take 8mg a day for a couple of days and see how you feel. My opinion only and I know there has been a lot of answers thrown at you, I do know however that when you find your dose you will know. I agree with Raz, 8 sounds like a good number.

Steve

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:54 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Ok thank you both! I'll try sticking with 8 for the week and then see by Saturday if I can go to six. I took my 4mg dose this morning at 9:30 and I'm feeling a little "buzzed" if that makes sense. So I guess it's not being a steady amount in my system for some reason? Should I try dropping to six for the day you think? Or like I said keep trying 8 till Saturday? I did read the article about the ceiling, I guess I'm not getting that right yet. Oh and razor, I have to do the pills as opposed to the strips because of not having insurance so I have to factor the cost, and the pills are cheaper because strips only have the real name brand available where as the pills have a generic brand. Thanks guys!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:59 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

And yea razor I see what you're saying about BP but I depended on him and did everything he said, or tried to anyway so it's hard to remember that I can't trust necessarily his advice. Hope that makes sense. I'm just angry I guess he was like my go to for everything and now I feel lost without him, and that I'm bothering you guys now when I should already be understanding the sub dosing better! Sorry, I have to get him/her out of my head!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:15 am 

Emmy, no need to say your sorry any of us. And your going to be fine.

I love the fact that your reading dr j's blog and also watch his U Tube videos.

Your learning..

Stay busy today and when the time comes this afternoon to take more, take it at that time . Try to take the same amount each time. Stablize. 8 is good, then see how you are at the end of the week...

Emmy, Ballplayer is a girl, her name is karen. Think of her, not "him". Maybe that will make it easier to remember just how messed up this was.

im not a bad guy, or mean, I feel badly for her also. But ...she shouldnt be doing what she has done on a help forum. See this is confusing in a way becuz she sounds real. Idk...

So many people here to help. As Wonder77 said never be afraid to ask Emmy!!!!! Have a great day today..razor.......!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:49 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Ok thanks so much razor!!! I literally just got a big slap in the face as to how bad I let the addiction go in terms of blowing money we did not have on pills all the time! Our water was just shut off. Hard to feel any lower right now. I screwed so much up. I'm glad to be working hard to fix all this but it doesn't feel good to see how my husband and daughter are being so affected by me being such a stupid ass!! Sorry I just needed to tell that to someone. We are working out borrowing money from my hubby's mom so hopefully we can get it turned back on before my daughter gets home from school, then she'll never have to know it was off. Ugh I'm just so disgusted with myself that I put pills over everything! Thanks for listening!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:57 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I'm pretty sure we all put other necessary things on the back burner for the pills Emmy, you are not alone there. I know I've done my share, and it disgusts me, still trying to catch up with life. But I see the light as you will too soon! Don't feel regrets, just keep moving ahead. Obstacles may appear from time to time because of choices we have made in the past, look them straight in the eye and conquer them one step at a time! GET IT DONE! :).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next