It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah, I'm with Razor; can you do the films? An 8mg film is very easy to cut into small doses, doses small enough to when you're ready for 2mg films, it won't cost you an arm and a leg because you'd be able to get by with a script for only 30.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:31 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

So, yea I could get the films instead of the pills. They are more expensive but not $475 expensive lol so yea maybe I'll do that.
I do have a pill cutter, but they would still crumble trying to go smaller then half.
My husband went to pick up my scripts today and he said the tech rambled on about how he made a mistake with how he was trying to put it through the other day and that's why he had said I couldn't get them till the 21st. You'd think since they had my number on file that maybe he would have called to let me know, in case I was worried. Technically I would have been a day short of pills had I just taken his word on the 21st thing. So yea I was a little worried, even though it went through on-line. Thanks for the advice guys, I think I will switch to the films so I can cut them easier.
Also I've been doing really good with the electronic cigarette. I haven't smoked a real cig since July 20th!! And I try to use the electronic one very sparingly, most days I don't even use it till about 7pm!! To be honest, it's easier now that I'm not taking oxys, when I got "high" from the pills I'd sit outside and chain smoke, so I don't think it would be this easy if I was still using, if that makes sense.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Dang, congratulations on quitting smoking!! You're doing fantastic!!!

About two months ago, I decided to get a handle on my smoking and cut my cig's from 28 a day to 14 or 15 now. I also changed over to American Spirit because they have no additives, just tobacco. I considered the e-cig, but I really don't think I will (or want) to totally quit smoking. My next goal is to get into the single digits and I'd be pretty happy there. If I can get stable at 7 cig's a day, I'd imagine I'd stay there for a good while.

BTW, what that pharmacy tech did irks me. Stuff like that irks me bad. I bet if your script was for anti-biotics or something like that, it would have been no problem.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:06 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Right and they don't realize or care maybe what it can do to someone like me. It makes you feel like you're back to abusing drugs, when you're not. Even though I knew he was wrong, it made me question myself, like did I mess something up or why bother if they're still treating me like an addict trying to get my meds too soon. I've been there before with the oxys, so it's not a good feeling when I'm doing everything right now. If anything I'm trying to lower the amount I take, not abuse them and take extra! I almost wanted to explain how subs work to him. Anyway, Awesome job Romeo on cutting back on cigs!! It makes a world of difference, and isn't an easy thing to do!! I was a two pack a day smoker, and feel so much better without them. Day one and ever since I haven't needed my inhaler once!!! I used to be coughing stuff up all the time, and constantly out of breath, that's all gone! Plus the cost of that habit was crazy! My husband and I quit together, we used to drop $20 per day on cigarettes! That and the pill habit, it's great the amount of money we have now. I just called yesterday and totally paid off two credit cards! We still have debt to work on, but all the normal bills are caught up, gone are the days of having water or electric or cable shut off!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

WHOA, you were a two pack a day smoker and now you're smoke free? WOW!!! That's amazing!!! I guess I didn't realize just how much you were smoking. Thanks for sharing that info and giving me the inspiration to keep going.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:01 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Just wanted to stop by and say hello Emmy, seems like you are doing pretty good! Keep up the good work!!

Steve

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:37 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Romeo- thanks! How are you doing on cutting back on the cigs?

Steve- yep everything is going pretty well! I'm waiting till my next appt to talk to the doc about switching to films instead of pills so I can try tapering down. I might be making excuses a little because everything IS going well, change will be a little scary! Sleeping is almost completely normal again. What's going on with you lately, everything going well? :)

-Emmy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:30 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Sorry for the late reply. I've been very stressed the last couple months and not myself, but now the stress is easing. besides the stress of everyday life and some other legal shit going on in my life we are doing pretty good. Only way from the bottom is up right! I'm glad it's going good for you. Hope all continues that way! Have a great day Emmy!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:07 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Aw Steve, sorry to hear that! I hope things are getting better soon. I don't think anyone's life is perfect, we all have good and bad periods of time. It has to get better!! If you ever need someone to talk to, let me know.
I had an appt with my sub doc yesterday and he said 4 sub clinics in Philly were shut down by the "DEA?" Not sure if that's the right letters, but shut down by someone. He thinks it has something to do with meds like klonipin being prescribed with suboxone. Ugh who knows, anyway, I'm starting to taper, I'm not waiting around to have my doctor shut down and be left with nothing. He said he wants to see me come down on the amt of Klonipin I take, so I'm going to try cutting back everything I take! As soon as he said about the places around us being shut down, I could feel myself panicking. I just hate having a drug with that kind of power over me, ya know? I'm hoping tapering down will be fairly easy, we'll see!! Again, let me know if you need someone to talk to! Hope to hear from you again soon!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:38 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I started the films today in place of the sub pills. What's the best way to measure and cut them? Any ideas? For some reason I thought they'd be marked by mgs or something. Thanks for any advice!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

There's a member here by the name RXFCG, (stands for rx film cutting guide), who has a template for cutting the films into small accurately measured pieces for the purposes of tapering. There's a thread here about it too. I'm going to look for it, and post the link to that thread for you.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:47 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Awesome Lizzie! Thanks!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:39 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Thanks Emmy, I will let you know. it is slowly getting better. I'm so tired of stressing all the time. my wife was telling me the other day that she heard each year of stress takes 2-3 years off of your life, or something like that. if that's true, I'm screwed lol. I'm gonna die fairly soon if that is accurate! I really hope it's not. My wife has been so worried about my stress level lately. I'm tired of bringing her down with my worries. I try to take on all of our problems so she doesn't stress but it is getting really hard. She tells me to just let things go but I can't. I guess it's the type of person I am. She had a pretty shitty childhood and I think I'm just trying to give her the best life she can possibly have. but anyways, enough about me! that sucks about the DEA shutting those places down...I wonder why!? glad to see you are tapering, I am in the midst of that myself but I think it's way too soon, but I'm not the professional at this I guess the dr is. Let me know if you see how to cut those strips, I'm interested in learning myself. You keep on keepin' on! Thanks for letting me vent, not trying to hijack your thread! Have a good day!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:19 am 

Go to Sub search, type in "film cutting guide, the threads for the Guide will be shown.
It really helps after you get down into the smaller doses.
As the Dr says, you better have a recovery plan in place if your going off bupe. Best of luck....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:34 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Well I started taking 6mg per day on Wednesday and have been barely sleeping. I really thought that transistion (for some reason I've tried 8 times to spell that word and its just not happening, I'm guessing lack of sleep so I'm moving on) would be easier. I end up having to take a lot more soma to get any sleep. But I also pulled something in my lower back Thursday when my dog played his "I don't go out in the rain" and peed on the floor, and I had to clean it up. So it could be that too. I don't know what to do in the future for pain if I can't take pain killers. If I had them Thursday I might have taken them, I was just laying with ice on my back crying. On another note, I'm finally getting insurance so hopefully the subs will be covered. I have to start going to meetings though, so my doctor says, but it seemed he sorta implied I could just say I was going, how would they know anyway. But maybe I do need that, I went down 2mg and everything sorta went out the window. I didn't look up the cutting of the films though either, I've just been folding them so maybe if I look that up and cut them more accurately that might help. Who knows. Anyway, I hate to suggest meds but can you talk to your doc about anxiety meds, Steve? I take klonipin which helps a lot with stress/anxiety. Hope you all have a good weekend! If anyone can post the link to the film cutting here, that would be awesome. My computer is super slow so I only come on here from my phone so I don't see an option to search for a thread. Thanks! And yea you're right about needing a plan razor, unless this gets easier! So far it kinda sucks!! It's only been about three days though so maybe it does get easier, I hope anyway!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:54 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Got some sleep! *transition* ha ;)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:00 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Just found out today that a friend from high school died last year from a heroin overdose. Her addiction started as an addiction to pain killers. I felt like the wind was knocked out of me when I heard the news. Even though I was an active addict myself when she passed, I wish I had known, and I wish I could've somehow helped her. :(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:31 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I've lost a couple friends to OD as well. My wife lost her mother to a heroin OD. I feel so bad for her. Hang in there. I think I'm going to talk to my doctor about anxiety. Good thinking. I hope all is well other than the sad news you received. my thoughts are with you.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:24 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Found out more to the story... She was in a 90 day treatment facility and was 2+ months clean, went home to visit family for a weekend and used ONCE, the fatal time. Man it's hard to wrap my mind around. I haven't seen her in at least 8 years, if not more, but can't get it out of my mind. She was so close to being clean, but yet so far away. It just drives home even more how it might never be easy to keep from using. I'm lucky to have suboxone right now, and definetly shouldn't rush getting off, as long as my doc allows I guess. The last week or so has been rough with the taper from 8mg to 6mg, I hadn't really anticipated it being THAT difficult. I think I'll stay at 6 for awhile. Maybe the switch from sub pills to films had something to do with how difficult it has been. Wow, Steve, I'm sorry to hear your wife's mother passed from an overdose as well. I couldn't imagine losing a parent that way. :( Yea, hopefully your doc can help with your anxiety! My hubby has pretty bad anxiety, I've been telling him forever to talk to his doc about trying something else, he was on a med before that made him really tired so he sort of gave up on the idea that something could help him, even if it wasn't that one medication, there's many others. I know smoking pot has helped him in the past. It would be nice if they legalized it for medical in PA. I read it was being considered, I'm not sure if for anxiety though. Anyway, hopefully you find something that helps you!! How's everything else going? Are you working on tapering the subs or are you at a good place with your dose? Hope you're doing ok.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:50 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

My sub prescription was denied by my insurance. It looks like it was due to lack of info from the doctors office, so after many back and forth with the docs office and insurance company (they really don't give a shit, by the way) it is being re-submitted. It sucks that none of them really seem to care. One of their reasons was no proof of opioid dependency. I'm not really sure how you prove that besides being on them. Anyway, crossing my fingers it's approved this time! And soon!! We took a big hit on my hubby's pay check to add me to the insurance so it wouldn't be worth it If they're not covering the med! Hoping to report back with some good news in the next few days!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next