It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Emmy

I had a difficult transition to suboxone also but there were many reasons. How long have you been taking the klonopin? It is usually better to taper all meds believe it or not. Our body/brain becomes used to a med & adjusts in many ways then when we abruptly stop a med our body/brain goes into a frenzy trying to get "level" again.

For my chronic pain i take 4 mg 3-4 times a day & i have had good pain control. Chronic pain also wears us out & makes us tired. I had to play for a long time until i found the right dose & now i would like to just stay at 12 mg per day & use advil for aches or pains. It is a process when you have pain + addiction.

Just wanted to share my limited experience...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:03 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

well I'm glad it's kinda sorta getting better for ya! my sleeping is doing pretty good. I don't get enough but that's my fault, I stay up too late and get up every day around 4 to go to the gym before work. it's killing me but helping me at the same time...Hope things get better for ya!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

just wondering how you're doing now Emmy? much better hopefully :-) update us when you can.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:36 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey guys, Lizzie, I did post an update on Tuesday but it was the last post on page 5 of my post, so you might have missed it now that we're on page 6. As to how long I was taking klonipin was 2 months. I started it the day I started the suboxone. The last few days have been better, just not where I'd like to be exactly. My sleeping is still way off track, I'm up till 5 tossing and turning then sleep till noon. So if I can get that fixed, I'll be a lot better off!! Plus I'm hoping to get a job again soon so that would change everything I think in terms of being tired at the right times, hopefully!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:47 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey guys! Today is day 72 and I can't believe how far I've come! The last few days have been really good, I'm finally getting back motivation and slowly social events are easier and actually fun! It's crazy to think what the drugs did to me in the past. I was always anxious or feeling like crap, I can't imagine why I didn't do this sooner!! I'm thankful to this forum for helping me through some of the bumps in the road! Hope you are all doing well! Steve- how's everything going for you? And raz if you're out there, thanks so much for all the support, I hope to one day help someone too!! :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:22 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hello Emmy!

Sorry I haven't been checking this everyday but life has been busy. Things are going pretty good, I'm hoping it keeps getting better :).

Congrats on 72 days!! you are doing awesome! keep up the great work. and you are helping people whether you know it or not just by your posts and experiences. Raz is definitely awesome. He is very supportive and always willing to help out.

I hope you have a great weekend!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:48 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey guys! I ended up going back to a lower dose of Klonipin, I just cut them in half. It has worked wonders!!! I'm sleeping good at night now, anxiety under control and I'm getting up at a decent hour and getting things done during the day without feeling super tired!! 8) I've been holding steady with the 8mg of subs per day, and have started taking it as one dose mid day instead of splitting it and its been working great! I was just reading back through this post and laughing at how all over the place I was in the beginning! :wink: thanks so much for putting up with me! I'm trying to find a few threads where I can offer advice to others new to subs, I can't imagine where I'd be without all of your help!! Hope you all had a great weekend, and hope to hear how you're doing! I'm on day 78! Wow! Thanks again Steve, Raz, Amy, tiki, and everyone else who has given me advice and support!!! You are all a wonderful group of people!! I just remembered too that I need to go back for the two month follow up chest x-ray from the spot on my lung, so I'll hopefully get that done this week! Have a great night all!! :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Emmy

I am so HAPPY to read that you are feeling well! For some of us it takes a while to figure out what dose works. The important thing was you stayed on the sub until you found the right dose & schedule.

Yeah Emmy!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:24 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey guys! Hope you're all doing well! I decided after three, yes three times having bronchitis in the past year to quit smoking!!! I'm trying the electronic cigarette that you add the liquid to. Wish me luck please!!! I started today and only smoked 5 real cigarettes so I'll call that a success for day 1 !!! I'm giving myself a goal of being totally off real cigarettes in two weeks, and then with the electronic cig, I'll wean down the nicotine gradually each week to where I'll hopefully be able to quit completely eventually! I've been doing good with my 8mg per day suboxone dose, some days I feel a little run down and not motivated to do anything, but I've been working to push through that and hopefully add consistent exercise to my day. How are things going with you, Steve? I'm at 3 and 1/2 months now and rarely have any days That I'm thinking maybe the pills weren't so bad, usually just when I'm in a lot of pain, which hasn't been too bad, so I'm good where I'm at right now!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:58 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Good for you Emmy! I do the E cigs now, I have since a day before Thanksgiving. I'm more addicted to them than I am real cigs but I haven't really tried quitting. I need too. I'm doing really good on the subs. Dr wants to start weaning me off next month, so we will see how that goes. Kind of nervous but I guess he thinks it's time?? I've been working out a lot and have found a new passion in life. I'm in the gym 4-5 days a week and am really pushing it. Hoping to get back to where I was 6 years ago. It's a little harder now that I'm that much older but I figure why not one last hoorah before I get really old lol. I was just asking Raz how you were today, I message him from time to time, then I saw this new post. I hope all is well with you. Kind of sucks that I don't really check this site that much. everyone is talking about how they are tapering....seems to be the popular thing now. Well, have a great one!

Steve

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I switched to e-cigs last October, and I haven't smoked since. I noticed a huge improvement in my health, which I think was good for my taper and jump-detox -- I was pretty healthy before I did these things, and kept exercising through the whole process (except for days 1 and 2 after my jump).

It's worth getting a decent e-cig (I have a Provari and a Kayfun Light), you need something that produces enough vapor to make it enjoyable enough to replace smoking.

-- ji

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:30 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Steve- I was just talking to my doctor about maybe starting a taper next month. I think he'd be fine collecting the $150 a month, and spending five minutes with me, but I brought up that I'm interested in tapering. He said there is a 2mg pill so I could start with 6mg and see how that works. As far as the e-cig, I'm doing really well! Thursday I smoked 9 real cigs, Friday 4, Saturday 1, and today 0!!! It wasn't really easy but so worth it! I think I didn't give myself enough credit for being able to do it! I figured it would be near impossible to quit completely with real cigs. I guess I sorta got lucky, if you can call it that, that I had chronic bronchitis that was really effecting my life so I really had to make a change, otherwise I may not have had the motivation!! Hope everyone had a nice weekend! I'm leaving for the beach tomorrow!!! So so excited! ;) have a good night all!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:47 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Good for you Emmy! great job!! Sorry for the delay in response. I hope all is well and I wish you the best in tapering. I hope you have a great weekend! How was the beach? what beach did you go to?

Steve

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:12 pm 

Hey Emmy! It's great to read through your updates! I'm so glad you're tackling the ciggies and going with the e-cig! Maybe one day you will be able to get off of all of it although I know it's really hard.

Have you decided to taper because of the tiredness you sometimes feel? Just take it slow. And if you get to the point that you start having cravings, go back to your previous dose and hold steady. Whether that's 4 mg or 6 mg or some other magic number. You're tackling a lot at once with the cigs and a sub taper too. That's why it's important that you take the taper very slowly. Dropping from 8 to 6 mg isn't taking it too quickly, but just make sure you stay steady on 6 mg for a few weeks before you drop again. Anyway, that's my advice for what it's worth. :)

It's so good to see that your posts are calm and happy now. It is a HUGE difference from when you first started. (And no, nobody was annoyed by your initial desperation and worry. It's not unusual from someone first starting on sub.) I can't wait until another newbie comes along and you are able to calm their fears from your own experience. I'm really proud of you.

<3
Amy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:23 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Steve- the beach was great! Went to oc, Maryland. The boardwalk is loooooong lol so one night we took the tram to the pier (about 3 miles) and had no luck in catching one back!! They were all completely packed going in the direction of the hotels! lol I just should have brought sneakers! It was so nice there though, I didn't want to leave! ;)

Amy- I think I'm interested in tapering because Yea I'm tired sometimes and lack motivation, but also I just want to see what's possible, ya know? If I can taper down and eventually get off it completely, that would be ideal I think. The stories I read on here seem to suggest the longer I'm on subs, the longer the withdrawals will be getting off eventually. Just makes me kinda scared to get comfortable, like I need to be making progress. Anyway, that won't start until my next appointment with my doc, which is mid August. As for the e-cig vs real cigs, I can't believe I didn't make the switch sooner! It's been a week and three days now I think since I had a real cig! Anyone struggling to quit should really consider the electronic cigs as a way to help, you really have to want it too! The first few days making the transition are hard, I'm only two weeks in so I can't testify to long term yet but it seems to be working great!! It's awesome not coughing stuff up everyday! Sorry if that's tmi, if you're a heavy smoker, you'll understand! Anyway thanks for the continued support guys!! If anyone needs advice on the e-cigs (the vapor/liquid is what I use) I'd love to offer any help I can! Have a great weekend all! :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:44 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

So my mom had a party Saturday for one of her friend's birthday. It was to be about 20-30 people with tons of alcohol. I decided a week before not to go because I figured this early in my recovery, a party with everyone drinking a lot (I'm sure) it just wasn't a good place for me to be. Anyway I told her last Sunday we wouldn't be coming, and then the day of the party she calls to ask what time we're coming. I started to explain again that we wouldn't be coming and she got really nasty about it, so I chose to not even explain why. Just looking for a little advice on how anyone handles these situations. First, do you feel you have to explain why you're not attending something? In all honesty I may have been fine watching everyone get loaded, and stay sober myself but I just didn't want to risk the temptation, like I need to be one step ahead of myself. Any advice appreciated! Thanks!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:22 am 

Hi Emmy,
Sometimes I find it hard to tell people I wont or cant do things with them.
Family should be on board when it comes to recovery issues. So are, some
arent.
I need to protect my recovery, and if that means missing out on gatherings then so be it.
They just need to understand that in early recovery we cant take chances if we dont feel
stroug enough yet..

Your doing amazing, from what I read. Keep up the good work.

Razor....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:45 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thanks for the encouragement razor!! I ended up explaining it to her after the fact and she still didn't seem to get it. So whatever. It's unfortunate that someone who has been pretty supportive would act that way but I'm figuring out I just can't please everyone. And some people will just not understand what it's like to be an addict. The sorta sad part too is that I'm pretty sure she has a drinking problem herself, that she would never admit to. So if addict behavior is hereditary then you'd think it would make sense to her, even if she wouldn't be open about it. I really appreciate this forum, there isn't a place other then here where I can talk about these things and have people who understand! Possibly someone facing the same obstacles, as well. I'm still pretty early in recovery and am figuring things out as I go, so maybe parties would be a possibility eventually and maybe having a drink or two myself? I don't even know that really, if drugs and alcohol are forever linked and not something I could ever consider? Either way, it's not an option now so I'm confident a party with a lot of drinking isn't a situation I should put myself in, and I shouldn't feel guilty about that. Anyway, thanks again Razor for helping me put it in perspective!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:54 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Well, I had my dr appt, he prescribed 90 of the 2mg pills so I could taper to 6mg a day instead of 8mg since the 8 mg pills are impossible to cut without crumbling apart. Anyway, went to the pharmacy and the script would cost $475!!! Holy shit! I'm pretty sure I told the tech holy shit, no way that will work! I usually pay $125. So I asked for the script back and I guess I have to figure out another way. I have my 8mg script on file at the pharmacy and still have plenty of those. I asked to just fill the 8mg for now and the "pharmacist" or tech or whatever he is says you can't get it till the 21st. I do have enough to get to the 20th, but what the hell? I could have gotten the whole script before so that doesn't make much sense. I was just getting 20 at a time because of the cost. I don't know why it annoyed me so much, but it did. I'm paying cash, no insurance so who the hell are they to say when I can get the rest of a script that I could have already gotten?? Just felt like he was judging me. Whatever. I have all my scripts online with cvs so as soon as I left I went online and filled the sub script. So obviously that guy had no clue what he was talking about. Anyway, just thought I'd update. I'll have to figure out a better way to cut the 8mg pills to taper down. Or maybe try doing half (4mg), I can cut them in half at least usually. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend! Any suggestions are welcome! :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:35 pm 

Hey emmy, holy shit is right..
Im a cash payer too.
I see it this way, this is the system we are in. The whole thing .
Judgements will come, costs lf neathcare are real. The only action I can take is to go to the lowest dose I can to save money.

Ive learned this fact, nobody likes addicts or trusts them on suboxone. We can be easy targets...I will Not let anyone get away with it in my clinic or pharmacy. I killm with kindness, I present well when picking up my meds, and look them straight in the eye and tell them when there wroug. Techs need ecucation and I give it to them. In a nice way. Has worked everytime.In 3 1/2 years ive never had a problem.

Im sure you have thought of going ack to the films maybe? I still get them. Here in my state, they changed the law where we can now choose generic tabs, but I like the films better.
Idk, just throwing out some experience to you...hey, do you have a pillcutter..could help ..

Raz

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next