It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Ello ello
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ello,

I am new to this site... I have posted before on other sites. I am 24 turning 25 in June. Female. This is my second time trying the suboxone treatment. If you want to know more just ask. Glad to be here but hoping to get off the suboxone soon and try living sober with no sub or meds. That is my goal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome ambr! I hope you find the site as helpful, informative, and supportive as I have. I saw on your other post that your opiate habit was quite small. I hope your suboxone treatment goes well, no matter how long you decide to stay on it. Again, welcome to the forum. I hope you stick around and keep posting.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:50 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi ambr,

I love that avatar of yours!!

I read your other posts and I see where you had some trouble getting onto Suboxone, you were probably at too high a dose, I think you've already figured that out though. I believe you're at 1mg now? That's a fairly low dose of Suboxone and I'm really glad to hear that 1mg is getting you through. You mention you would like to be off of Suboxone soon, starting at a low dose of 1mg should make your taper fairly easy.

I'm all for you getting off of Suboxone, but I just wanted to mention that staying off of drugs isn't easy. I've been off of Suboxone for almost a year now and I had two short relapses during that time. I finally got my butt into some NA meetings and it's helping me a lot.

I'm not sure what your addiction history is like, heck, I'm not even sure if you're an addict or not?? Anyway, I just wanted you to know #1---staying off of drugs can be tricky and #2---you have a cool avatar!! :D

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:01 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks Romeo! Yes I love my cool lil avatar. Well I will either post here or start in a new thread more appropriate. I did stay on sub for a year. Switched to Subutex had strange side effects with the suboxone films. Anyways, I was started at WAY too high of a dose originally way not fun and anybody that is going through that needs to identify it right away. Rather unpleasant exp. Anyways, I was able to go through treatment. Stuck to the program... Was able to lower dosages comfortably and at my own place. Some aren't so lucky. I titrated down to under .25mg. Stayed on that for quite awhile learned to change habits and do the things I needed to do to put me in the right direction. I dropped off under .25 just crumbs. I felt ready. I think for some not all there is just a time when you know you don't need it anymore and have made the necessary changes in your life and are ready to commit. I am just over the hump in detox experiencing mild withdrawal. Like the Opiatehelp guy from youtube as he describes. Some pleasant some not so pleasant. Its good to be back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:42 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Welcome Ambr, glad to have you here at the forums!

Sounds like your on the right track to get off sub, i have to say i have heard of people taking small doses, but 1mg to .25 mg!!
That's so close to being completely off! :D I have heard that only like 1/3 of the dose actually gets absorbed? not sure about that , but if that is true then that would mean that your barely getting any sub into your system at all!

I have tried tappering a couple of times now, the smallest i could get it too was 4mg, but after a few days i had to go back to my 8mg dose, just not ready i guess. Any way super glad to hear stories like this, i have often feared i will be on sub the rest of my life. it's great to hear that it is possible to tapper and hopefully one day be completly off of all meds!

Best wishes! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey ambr,

Glad to hear from you again. It sounds like you're doing really well, good for you!!

I hope your detox continues to be relatively mild and I hope you're able to maintain that positive attitude of yours.

Living completely narcotic free is a challenge, no doubt about it, but it's also very rewarding. If you're anything like me, you'll be viewing your world through a whole new set of eyes now.

Stay strong and keep working your recovery!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks!

Yes it is possible but I had to do it gradually and slowly the doc I stuck with told me to do it at my pace. Its not a race. I had to drop doses when I was able some harder than others but its harder to lower at large doses and making big jumps I personally think. Some adjustments were harder than others depending on factors. Like stress at the time, what was going on at the moment in my life and well my bodies reaction! Which always seems to have a big play. Well i'm doing good. I figured spring break is the perfect time to finally get off. I have nothing to do... :)

What you have to look forward to AT a low dose jump.
Im at day 5 now it should be terrible right?

It is and it isn't.

Tiredness is the worse symptom you just feel drained. Energy comes and goes but use it while its there.
RLS they don't lie. My legs are moving not all day but comes and goes. I do take something to help sleep otherwise at night I just wouldn't be sleeping. Sweats. Hot and Cold. Bumpy, Couple of sneezes my allergy meds seem to remedy that. The depression level is low in comparison to stopping full agonist opiates. Waves.... I have seen this described alot and it is true! One minute hey your good and fine the next a symptom comes on. The best thing is to not let it get to you. It is mild and doable. I believe this is a cake walk compared to what I have personally exp in the past. The desire to take a sub is very low only when I feel pain or my legs feel heavy like im dragging on. Hey what is a lil pain right? I'm able to go the store get stuff done at my measure. Mentally your not 100% yet. I feel so good though even with all that stuff. I manage a smile. Somehow I tell myself it's a process and at the end i'll be done. It's not over there this I know but I have support and I know I have wanted this for a long time. I await when all this is over to come out on the otherside.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:13 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

ambr wrote:
RLS they don't lie. My legs are moving not all day but comes and goes.

Ohh i hate that more than anything, that is the number 1 reason i have not been able to tapper off in the past!! i went 3 nights without sleep, and actually had rashes on my knees from kicking the crap out of my bed 8 hrs at a time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:07 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

good stuff ambr, just remember that our goal is progress not perfection!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:49 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I was just posting my exp... Sorry i'm not gloating and I actually felt pretty crappy today. It is inch by inch and I also thought its all will power. Its not... I watched Dr. Junig's video about Mind Power working after sobriety there is two sides of you and well you have to fight. I think I am on the right track in researching the truth about detox and life after. It's not all sunshine and rainbows.. I will pick up a thread in stopping sub since that is where I am at the moment. If anybody wants they can follow and interact with me there.

I only say what I know and it's whatever works for the individual. Good luck to everyone in treatment, recovery, and their families.