It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Easy
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:53 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I would like to share my experience with those who may be having fears about quitting suboxone. For me it was so easy, and I am usually a wuss when it comes to stuff like this....

About a year ago, I'd gotten up to using about 500mg of oxycodone IV a day. I went through full withdrawals for about 3 days before I couldn't stand it any more (I really do believe that if I had not received medical intervention, I may have died...I could not even keep down water during this time). I got started on 4 mg of suboxone twice a day. I know that twice a day dosing is not recommended, but this is how my doctor wanted me to take it. I gradually got my dose down to .3 mg twice daily before I ran out twelve days ago.

The first three days were only a bit rough. I had zero energy and some trouble sleeping at night. On the 3rd day, I found a tiny piece of sub that I had misplaced. I took it and actually got in a couple good nights of sleep. Then again, 4 days later, I found another tiny piece of sub. These were perfect for getting through the more difficult moments. I know that I personally never would have had the will to save these two doses to use them in this way, but would certainly recommend it to those trying to quit.

My mood has been surprisingly stable, even better since quitting. It still sucks feeling tired during the day but this is definitely improving. This has been way more tolerable that I had believed after reading other quitting experiences. Maybe I was expecting something closer to to my last withdrawal experience.

I have heard other people bash suboxone treatment, but it has been great for me. I'm afraid that I probably would have relapsed without it. A few specific things that have helped me quit taking the suboxone...moving far away from Florida, surrounding myself with good people and knowing that I have no connections for dope. Ganja - a good strong indica variety really helps for sleeping and taking the edge off. Waiting a few days between doses if you have the will power to do this. Going for walks outside.

It feels great to be completely off of dope..
I wish much success to everyone who is going through treatment !!
Julie