It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey everyone and all my friends like Romeo, etc--
Been a while since i have been on here and was reading some of the posts. i SO see myself when I first stopped Suboxone and had all the same fears, hopes, pleasding that it will get better, hoping there is a magic bullet, etc. I was there lol I stopped cold at 8mgs a day after two years on the orange pill.. And it was NOT easy. But the people in here really helped me through the hard days. ANd unbelievably they got better--but I had to fight for inches some days.

My point--I dont think there is an easy way out. I know that may be hard to hear and IM not trying to discourage anyone. But I set myself up for disappointment at times because I had unrealistic hopes. Im not saying your journey wont be easier or even may be miraculous and great. But from what I read and understand--anyone who is a "rookie" quitter should know that it probably wont be easy--and it may be the hardest thing you ever did. I stopped in August of last year--2011--and it wasnt until after the first of the year that I sorta felt normal. Today I feel awesome. SO you WILL get there.

The things that helped me most: people in here...realizing I could have my life back...realizing I needed to be a husband and dad more tyhan I needed to get comfort from a pill that held me prisoner...realizing that I was slowly killing my body...and knowing that I was hurting the people I loved most and looked to me for love. If you will keep whatever is really important to you in view--it goes a long way to making it through a sleepless night or an anxious moment.

The other thing? Dont just embrace the pain and sit in it. Fight it. Eat well. Exercise even if your body says "Hell no." Start setting goals and make it happen. Im telling you it wont be easy--and I was a wreck from days 4 to 20. But it SLOWLY subsides. I felt like a zombie for months--and just walking was an effort--as if my feet were weighed down with lead. But you know what? You DO IT. You KEEP GOING. You get pissed at the addict and slowly slay the dragon.

Anyway--just wanted to share an update and some thoughts. Dont look for a easy way out--just take what comes and fight like hell because your life and family are worth it.

God bless and Merry Christmas, Hanuka, etc to all==

brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:38 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi Brian, it is wonderful to hear you are doing great! I bet it feels amazing to know you are sober and have something in life to love. Thanks for sharing your story and advice. I especially liked how you said to keep whatever is important to you in mind when you're having a rough time. That advice is going to really help me, because one of the main reasons I am motivated to quit is so I can work hard to get a good job in my dream career. Suboxone weighs me down and I feel like if I wasn't on suboxone, I could have accomplished more. And I forget that a lot. When I'm having an anxious moment, I don't care about the future, I just want relief. It's great to hear that you find meaning in being a Dad. Not so many kids are fortunate enough to have a Dad like you. That was good advice you gave to remember why we're all doing this, and if we want to reach our goals, we've got to move on in our lives away from drugs.

Have a good holiday and keep up the great work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Invisible--
You are on your way!!! Keep it up and yeah--keep the goals and people that are important in your life in front of you. Always keep moving forward--even if some days its FALLING forward lol Everything counts. So keep it up and someday that career dream will be yours.

brian