It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:17 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello!

I've never posted on a forum like this before but I was hoping that somebody could help me out by telling me if you've experienced this too.

I've been taking 16mg/day of Suboxone films for about 2 years now. A few months ago I started noticing that every time I swallowed my Suboxone when it was done dissolving, my ears would go kind of numb and feel really strange for a minute. Like a mix between hot and numb. It's so weird and I don't know how else to describe it. It was never bothersome or anything so I just brushed it off. But it's been getting gradually worse over time... I can't even move my tongue while it's under there anymore because some of it trickles down my throat and my ears start feeling like that again, except it's much more intense now than it used to be. I haven't found any insight into this issue based on the research that I have done so far. It doesn't seem like this happens to anybody else....but I know for sure that it only occurs when I swallow Suboxone, not any food or water or anything. So if anybody can enlighten me to what it could be, or if anybody could let me know that this happens to them too, that would be really helpful!! Sorry I couldn't explain it better, I hope you can figure out what I mean :?

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:30 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Sarah,

I think I know what you're describing. When I first started Suboxone I would get a strange sensation on my tongue and inside my mouth...sort of a numbness. I now let the dissolved film sit longer under my tongue and don't experience it to the degree I used to.

Perhaps when you swallow some of the medicine is going into your Eustachian Tubes (the canal from the throat to the middle ear), causing the feeling your speaking of.

Thanks,
Morphing