It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:50 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ReRaise it is GREAT to see you back again. I would also like to hear about those comments you heard from the ER docs. Regardless though, I hope you are back for good. I missed your jokes.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:54 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

donh wrote:
Actually this is pretty funny ReRaise...

"Dr. Junig, the forum owner"

FORUM owner - not the FORMER owner but the FORUM owner as in the owner of this forum. LOL Well, at least they both start with FOR.

I really would be interested to hear what the ED docs thought - although I can probably guess and it likely won't surprise me - disappoint me yes, but surprise me, no. I still would love to hear it. As for the comments about the current owner of this forum (web site), I can only imagine what a company who has been publicly called on the carpet multiple times by Dr J. would have to say about him. No surprises there either, I'm sure.

Dating an RN huh? I was married to one of those. I'm just sayin.

You said ED docs! ED! ED! ED! It's ER docs, you dumb fuck! Image GAWD! You HAVE to get it EXACTLY write!

****Runs like hell from donh.....***** Image Image Image

(PS. "write" was righten to be punny.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Libra - ED means Emergency DEPARTMENT. It's how people in the health care field refer to it. Just sayin'....

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think he means Emergency Department....not Erectile Dysfunction :shock:

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Um uh, ah,... I'm not sure if you are serious or not but it really is ED. In fact most "ER" docs would pummel you for saying that's where they work. I'm not sure what the big deal is myself, I just abide by it. Evidently, ER (Emergency Room) is small, demeaning and outdated (old school) while ED (emergency department) is large, modern, and the current vogue term. It is an entire department - not just a room.

Honestly. Look it up. LOL But, hey, thanks for playin - but after delivering over ten thousand patients there, I'm positive it's the ED - not the ER, no matter what George Clooney says.

(PS, if I can find any comments from said ED folks that better explain what the big deal is, I'll be sure to post them)

(PSS, Don't even think of calling a Paramedic an "Ambulance Driver" as that can get you killed. Books and blogs have been built around "I'm not an Ambulance Driver")

See now, look what you learned today!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:39 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

George Clooney is God and what he says, goes. At least in Libra Land. Image

I ain't never heard it called ED. EVER! Honest! So I DID learn sumpin' kneaux today. Of course, I come from the hills of Tennessee and never heard of a bagel until I moved to South Florida. Hell, where I come from, a bagel is a small huntin' dawg. Seriously..... Beagle, bagel... It all sounds the same to me..... Image

But, I do see where you are coming from. Like at the courthouse, you would get yurself kilt if you called the guy who protects the judge in the courtroom and sez, "All rise, court is now in session, the Honorable Wears a Black Dress Presiding" a bailiff. Dem's fightin' words! They are COURT DEPUTIES! Not bailiffs! Image

It's akin to calling a flight attendant a stewardess, I reckon. Image

And of course I'm not serious. I was jus' making fun of you making fun of someone else making fun. Image

And I wanna hear about the nurse and what the ED docs had to say, too.Image

Do all my smileys drive y'all bat shit crazy? Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

We actually may have hit on something here, it's not the fact that we have been failing to tell the ED docs that we are prescribed Suboxone, it's the fact that we called it "the ER" that pisses them off and makes them treat us like shit.

Titles can be a big deal to many people - huge. I once, proudly I might add, told some people that my wife was promoted to manager of the cardiac cath lab. Turns out her title was actually director - not manager, and evidently there is a difference. Did I mention this is now my ex wife?

Which reminds me... ReRaise, will you please tell us the story about the ER/ED docs and Suboxone and the new RN in your life? Don't make me beg for God's sake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:54 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

donh wrote:
We actually may have hit on something here, it's not the fact that we have been failing to tell the ED Don't make me beg for God's sake.

Fuck it... I'll beg.

PLEASE TELL US ABOUT THE NURSE IN THE ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION DEPARTMENT! PURDY PLEASE! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:00 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Well Libra I gotta tell you it took me many posts to realize why so many people were mis-selling ER and wwriting ED :lol: Then one day I realized it was emergency department and thought hmmmmmm ok, that a new one???? :oops:

Hope things are going great :!: :!: HOW'S THAT DUST COMING :P :?: :?: :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:11 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

What dust? I don't see any dust. LOL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:34 am 
Deputies? Up north here we now have to call them "marshalls". I can't keep up.

ReRaise - I'm very curious to know what you might have posted previously, and who thought it was objectionalbe enough to delete it.
What also really concerns me is that the bad opinion "ED" docs have about Sub (which i always assumed was because us "junkies" take it) is really because of all the shady doctors who will only take cash when people have legitimate insurance. What kind of a train wreck is our medical system when someone who has good insurance has to pay thousands out of pocket for treatment? And do all the doctors who do take insurance consider the Sub docs a bunch of drug dealers? I've had some concerns about my doc, but he does take insurance, and has continued to keep my as a patient while the insurance co. spends a year trying to get out of paying for my treatment.
The whole entire system is a disaster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey y'all - if you are looking for the last few posts that were about ER Doctors & their unfamiliarity with Suboxone and their attitude about drug seeking patients, go here:

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=19265#19265

I split the posts into their own topic because I thought it was too important of a conversation to be buried at the end of this thread. Plus, they had nothing to do with Dust :o

-Jack Kornfield