It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Duragesic to bupe
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:46 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I have some questions myself about switching from fentanyl to buprenorphine, i have been on fentanyl for about 1 week at a dose of 50 mcg/h and my doctor had givin me 10 patches i currently have 2( iahve been iv,ing a patch/day as well to recieve adequate analgesia) I am a long term addict from heroin and have been on bupe and methadone and quihonestly this fentanyl at this dose is not providing me adequate analgesia and i desperately want to get back on bupe( which provideded me better analgesia and craving supression). So my question is what is the best method to go about getting back on bupe? Please help me I am in terrible pain and have exhausted my 30 day supply of medication in less then a week. Pleasew i am begging for an answer to this one. I cant take the suffering i cant duistinguish whether withdrawl is making my pain problem worse then it really is or its just pain but reguardless the bupe helped more then this stuff i have also been taking 5 lortab 7.5/500/day. I am finding myself needing pain meds every 3-8 hours depending on narcotic used.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

The fentynal is a tough one....From what the doc posted about the transition/induction from fentynal, he would switch over to a shorter lasting opiate for about a week or two to make the induction a little easier.......BUT, it has been done, wait till your as sick as you can stand, (moderatley sick) and go for it.....You'll feel like shit for the first week/10 days and you'll get better.

If you can change it up to say, Oxy for a week great, if you can't, you'll make it thru.....It surley won't be as bad as having a full fledged Jones.

Just do it and get it over with....Sounds like you don't have much of a choice, your not getting relief and your running out of patches...Bite the bullet, it's not like you've never been there before.