It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: dumbfounded update
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:26 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Friday my subdoc gave me four suboxone. I am to take 2mg every other day for two weeks then one (2mg) every three days until gone. I need some opinions on this taper..... I feel like I've just put myself back where I was before. I'm so scared of the withdrawal.. any comments, opinions, advice would really be welcome. thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

A short taper for detox only (2-3 weeks) isn't a bad length of time. However, the dose s/he's giving you and the fact that the dose isn't being tapered down at all before you jump, well, I don't like that. Nor do I like that you'll be totally stopping it at 2 mg. I feel that's too high of a dose to jump from and that you will feel worse withdrawals. Of course that also depends on how long you were using full agonist/"regular" opiates and how much you'd been taking. See, what you're doing is using suboxone to wean yourself off the other drugs. So when you're withdrawing, you're not so much withdrawing off subs as much as your former drugs.

Good luck! And remember, this is just my opinion.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Dear hatmaker510 I was using vicodin and perc off and on for two or three years. I would use then withdrawal then use... I am so anxious about the upcoming withdrawal... the restlessness and agitation are the worst of withdrawal for me. I read a lot of the posts on here and I've learned some things to help me cope. I don't know what to do, it just seems that it (the withdrawals) shouldn't have to be this way or shouldn't be at all. thanks for listening

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Not Great
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:48 pm 

I'm on the opinion of you doctor not treating your taper correctly. Can you talk to him/her and see if they'll slow it down. Jumping from 2mgs is insane.

Or maybe find another Sub doctor and explain the situation. If you had enough Sub to begin with, you could do your own taper better that what was suggested. There are many posts to be found here that give a good schedule for tapering. It's mostly slow and steady drops. A little bit less every two weeks or when your body says it's time. A few people here took over a month to adjust to a small drop.

A consultation is in order IMO. But then again, some others have done okay jumping from 2mg's every few days so no one really knows how you'll do.

I feel for ya on the mental anguish. I am the same way when it comes to thinking about w/d's.

Talk to your Dr.

Post subject: can't talk to doc
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My doctor tells me that by law he cannot keep me on suboxone for more than two years. suboxdoc addressed this in a post to me. I know (by being on this forum) that isn't so. Any other doctor I have called has a waiting list and I will be empty at the end of the month. I have 3 1/2 tabs left I'm so lost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't know where this two year line comes from. It's the second time in a couple of days that I've heard this and I've been around here a couple years. How odd. Anyway, have you checked all of the online doctor locators? There's one at the top of every page of this forum (suboxone-directory.com). There are others as well at naabt.org, samhsa.gov, suboxone.com, aboutsuboxone.com (this is a new one that I've not checked out yet). If you want to stay on suboxone, there are lots of doctors listed, hopefully in your area. Good luck.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.