It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:27 am 
Hey guys and gals. Hows it hanging here? I got a idea that i've been stirring up for the last day or so. I remember doing it with other various drugs before. It's called wringing myself out. Basically im at between 8 and sometimes 12mg of subs a day right now. My goal is to put myself in withdraw for 3-5 days with no subs. If i make it to 6 days, That would be awesome. Ok. I'm trying to go ahead and drop as much sub outta myself as i can in hopes of just taking 4mg after knocking out at LEAST two half lifes of bupe. So if i can get myself to the point of feeling like TOTAL crap. I know i can go ahead and reinduce myself with subs. At 4mg only.

Now i know i could just continue tapering. And yes that's a option if i fail this miserably. But lets pretend i don't have that option as in my opinion this is a big mental battle. Morse so then a physical battle.

Ok i'm projecting to start trying this out here in a few days or so. Now if it gets bad i will take only 4mg at any point where i feel the need to use. Trust me, i'm not going back to oxy or dope! Not a option, i told a close friend of mine that if i slip while on subs I would be honest and tell him. He made a deal wit me that if i slip at any point and take something besides sub. That he could slap me in the face (open handed) really good. And i gave him my word that if i touch any crap. That i will be ready to get my bell rung.

Bet they don't do stuff like this in AA or NA. But you know what. Maybe they should. lol, orginally i told him to pistol whip me with my own pistol if i relapse. And that was to extreme. So we settled on a open palm agreement.

What do you guys think of this idea? I'm sure i could just try dropping to 4mg from 8. But i would rather not pay for it slowly by tapering. Rather clean it outta me and sorta start over at a more appropriate dose. Am i crazy? Questions? Comments? Concerns?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Somewhere in your post there is a saturday night live skit just begging to be acted out.

So, basically you want to get yourself sick so you can readjust to a lower dose? I don't see why you can't give it a try. When I went to extremes it usually backfired but everyone is different. If I tried to cut off too much too quickly, I would usually justify taking more if I wasn't feeling well and I would usually end up right where I was before. But you don't have much to lose by trying, right? On the other hand, I could never do the crazy slow tapers either. The cutting your dose down by .00002mgs stuff that some people come up with. It's impressive I just don't have that kind of subtlety or patience. I had the most success with a happy medium but by all means try it and report back!

Good luck.. LOL. Hope you don't get bitch slapped. And if you do, PICS PLEASE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:00 am 
Haha, oh damn... Yeah it is a pretty twisted wager i got going on. Not only would a relapse hurt my pride, but my face also. And to top it off. I doubt i will feel any opiate on the big ol dose of sub i am working to clear my body of. So it's a all around lose lose situation. And yes, worst comes to worst i would youtube the smack in the mouth. I guess that deal with my buddie and me is the end result of both being derranged combat vets.

Yes i can't do these slow tapers. Even though i know i will have to at anything under 4mg. Ya know what this guy posted on another forum who helps people get off subs quickly thinks? Every four day do a 25% dose reduction untill you get to a low point in which case it's like a 15 percent reduction. his username on there is robert325. And i guess his taper strategy has worked for at least a couple hundred different people. That's probally more then most docs have under there belt. These slow tapers are annoying. Every 3rd or 4th day you gotta pay up a little more by withdrawing untill you stabilize. I don't wanna keep dong that. I think my route may be faster. And i KNOW mentally i am going to tell myself i need a little more when trying to stabilize back on 4mg.

It's funny cause some VA programs that use sub have it set up to do dosings once every three days. And with this long half life. I want to make sure i don't keep stacking more and more sub on myself that i don't feel is necessary. Like maybe a good way to compete with this is to stabilize at 4mg for like 5 days. Then start doing 2mg one day and 4mg the next day. To me this would make a little more sense when im trying to taper down. And to think i will be resisting the temptation of being on the patient assistance program for 8 more months with free subs.. How much of a accomplishment it will be to myself to be on 2-4mg's a day when i am prescribed way more. This is the ultimate goal to go ahead and get down to 2mg's. Then have plenty of subs to go ahead and start doing drops by 0.5mg untill i am down to 0.5! In which case i will wait untill i am okay on that dose for awhile then go ahead and start skipping a day here and there.

This medicine is a blessing and a curse. Good that it allows me to take a opiate and be able to make myself become disciplined with it. That right there will be a awesome day for me!!! It's going to be bumpy. and i know after day two of wringing myself out i am going to be freaking out. It's horrifying how slow the withdraw symptoms come on. UGH!

Thanks for the comment. And i will let everyone know how this madness goes. 8mg is a mean amount of sub to stop taking cold turkey. If i can make it 4 or 5 days. I will write this off as a victory. Since im only getting 4mg's afterwords. NO FREAKING MORE. Beat your body, im still young and ready for a little self induced torture. ; )

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:12 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Why not try? It sounds a bit like a high-jump without jumping off completely. I'd be interested to see how you go on 4mg, whether you stabilise straight away or it takes time.

About being slapped. You have no idea how many pacts like that I've made to various people. It didn't stop me from using. Your mileage may vary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have done this many times. In MY experience you don't even have to go that long or feel sick. I have gone from 8-12mg to 4 mg simply by skipping my dose for 3 days. At the very beginning of feeling " a little off" (end of day 3 or start of day 4) I just took 4 mg. One thing that's good to know is after you skip a few days it seems to take a much longer time for the Sub to start working (like hours). A couple of times I messed it up by taking the smaller dose when I started to not feel good, and then taking more after an hour or two because it didn't "work", but I just didn't wait long enough. So give it time. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think it's an interesting idea. We've had people on here before who tried to get off Suboxone, made it a few days, got back onto their old dose and their old dose basically rocked their world. I think your tolerance will drop pretty quickly if you stop Suboxone altogether, don't be surprised if you need even less than 4mg.

As for the face slap, it would have never stopped me from using. I understand what you're trying to do, but I don't think making "bargains" is an effective recovery method. But then again, if it works for you, that's all that matters!!!

If you do decide to try stopping Suboxone and reinduce, please let us know how it works out.

About the other website you found, that fella has had just as many people NOT complete his taper method as he had complete it. Many people can not hang with the 4 day, 25% taper method.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I agree with the others and I've done very similar methods myself on more than one occasion. For me, absolutely any drop from doses over 8 mg a day, are pretty much painless. The only withdrawal symptom I experienced by dropping from those doses was a bit of runny nose. Now that's not skipping full days, however...that's just going from daily doses over 8mg all the way down to 2-4mg a day, no skipped days.
I've also done the other.....just didn't take anything at all. Usually around the 3rd day, I'd get the beginning of aching in my legs, runny nose, touch of anxiety, mild insomnia, all the usual w/d but really pretty dang mild and tolerable. At which point, I could dose as little as one milligram and get relief. As Lily said, it would take an hour or a little more to kick in, but I did absolutely get relief from that little dose.
I do "believe in" your theory about knocking out that stacking effect that Sub has and sort of resetting yourself at a lower dose.
The thing to watch for is that although the physical symptoms can be addressed with much lower doses, for many people the cravings aren't managed....so be aware of that. In my experience, this battle has two major components....the physical hardship of withdrawal and the oftentimes more brutal mental component.
So yeah, if your goal is to bring your blood levels of bupe down and restart at about half of what you've been taking, as long as you're mentally prepared to deal with the cravings and/or mental funk of an opiate-addicted brain minus its usually opiate-saturated receptors, you'll be successful, in my humble opinion. Actually, your goal being 4mg a day, there's a decent chance you may not run into the cravings or the mental funk quite yet! Here's to hoping not!
Keep us posted and good luck.

Post subject: Lower than four
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:31 am 

Why go to 4 mg's after you're in withdrawals? Just like Romeo said, you may not need 4 mg's. I'd go with 2 and wait an hour. If that doesn't do the trick then go ahead and take 2 more. I bet 2 will do it for ya.

Not a bad idea. It's been done before and we did see them go down quite a bit.

Good Luck,

Rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:04 am 
Ok here we go. i took 12mg's like a moron. But figured hey thats what im prescribed. Even though it's only going to make my next couple of days worse. Here we go though. Saturday 1/02/2013. Last dose. I'm going to shoot for 4 days of nothing. But hell. It's not bad to hit three. My whole think is to get myself at a lower dose. I will keep that in mind that i may only need 2mg when reinducing myself on subs. Without further or due. Let the wringing myself of suboxone... commence! Wish me luck... I got anxiety meds for the anxiety of it gets bad. But i doubt i'll need it. Everything else. It's time to face head on for a couple days. I know the long half life probally won't leave me feeling to bad. But the idea is to drop my dose down drastically! Lets do it. Wish me luck. I'll post results!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:39 am 
Jeez well i am back on 4mg a day. And wow i woke up with back pain in between my shoulder blades. And feeling a little off. It isn't a complete failure though. How long does it take to adjust to this 4mg dose now? about 4 or 5 days?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:19 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Are you taking tablets or films? I was considering this same concept to help my switch to films work. Maybe just take a day off. 24 hours of pain and hell should be enough. Try excersising that day to help flush everything out. Hopefully this will be usefull to make a lower miligram work better. I also on subs for pain management so taking off a day could be more than just withdrawl pain. No need to ruin your whole week feeling like crap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

One day of no Suboxone might lower your blood level a little bit. But there is still going to be a load of sub still on your receptors and in your body. So. One day really won't change that much. And if it does... it will be subtle and short lived. Now if you went like 5 days.... then you would notice a huge difference. But again. It will be short lived.