It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Re: DUI on suboxone
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:41 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

My advice is this: NEVER BE HONEST WITH THE POLICE! They are not there to help you, they are there to put you in jail. That is their job. I had a fender bender on the road, was not under the influence of anything, tested negative for alcohol, but I just got a DUI because they found THC and suboxone in my system. Now I have to fight and hire an attorney all because I was honest and thought it would be a good idea to 'always be honest' with the police. BAD IDEA. I found out the hard way that when you are honest with police that they use it against you. I will NEVER answer a cops questions again. I will refuse no matter what it's about and tell them to speak to my attorney. I live in AZ where there is medical marijuana even and they still conclude that ANY amount of THC is considered a crime. It's outrageous and sounds like something out of Nazi Germany.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I agree with never saying a word to our "good" men and women in blue. You know, they're here to protect and serve...sorry but I busted out laughing after I typed that. The cops are just a money making mob that beats, abuses and kills it's citizens. Population control? It's quite sad really.

Take out your camera and start filming them!! I promise they will most likely treat you differently and kind. You have the right to record them too as long as it doesn't interfere with them doing their job.

Know your rights! Never ever tell a cop anything till you call a lawyer. Ask them point blank "are you arresting me?" "Am I free to go?" They have to have an actual reason for detaining you that is legit.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:42 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

revsub wrote:
My advice is this: NEVER BE HONEST WITH THE POLICE! They are not there to help you, they are there to put you in jail. That is their job. I had a fender bender on the road, was not under the influence of anything, tested negative for alcohol, but I just got a DUI because they found THC and suboxone in my system. Now I have to fight and hire an attorney all because I was honest and thought it would be a good idea to 'always be honest' with the police. BAD IDEA. I found out the hard way that when you are honest with police that they use it against you. I will NEVER answer a cops questions again. I will refuse no matter what it's about and tell them to speak to my attorney. I live in AZ where there is medical marijuana even and they still conclude that ANY amount of THC is considered a crime. It's outrageous and sounds like something out of Nazi Germany.

Hurray for you. Remember, cops do good sometimes, but their training has left them with one thing in mind. Arrest, arrest, arrest....Why? Because it makes money and MONEY is the number one influence on all police officers.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:24 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Yeah, it's just got me sick with worry that I'll lose my case. I wouldn't be so pissed of had I actually been stoned. It just irks me to no end to know that innocent people are facing stiff penalties for doing nothing but minding their own business. This is why I hate the police. I think they actually bring more harm than good in way too many cases. And you're right about the money, with all the politicians skimming bucks off the top, there's not enough dough to have a satisfactory education system. Our country is so messed up!

goodygirl wrote:

Hurray for you. Remember, cops do good sometimes, but their training has left them with one thing in mind. Arrest, arrest, arrest....Why? Because it makes money and MONEY is the number one influence on all police officers.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

This Thread is 4 years old and I was wondering if troopers are now more "savvy" and do send away for buphrenophrine testing now. What was the result of this case? What county did this happen in? My car tire blew or something happened with the wheel/tire system (I'm no expert) and I swerved into a ditch last week. A witness following just saw me swerving and "changing speeds". Of course I was a few hundred feet away from a gas station when I lost complete control of the vehicle. I'm in WA state and the police officer took me to his office where he obtained a warrant for my arrest. Then we went to a hospital and they took 2 vials of blood and I have hired an attorney. I did not tell the doctor that I was prescribed or on anything but I am prescribed a high dose of subutex. I take under the prescribed amount. I am also prescribed clonozepam which I am also prescribed a high dose of. I have weaned myself off of the clonozepam since the arrest since doing some internet research and at my Dr. appointment on Tuesday I will ask him for something else for my panic attacks/anxiety/depression. The last thing that could possibly show up, but I hadn't taken it in 4 days is the Ambien generic.

Obviously whatever shows up on the blood test will impact whether or not I can get this DUI beat. I have a mechanic looking at the car to see what evidence I can gather there as well. I don't take any illicit drugs. Also I'm wondering even if I am taking under my prescribed amount and not abusing my prescriptions, can I still have blood toxicity levels that are over the therapeutic dose? They also didn't take my blood until about 4 hours after the accident and that was about 5 or 6 hours after I had taken any sub. I had taken about 1mg of clonozepam the night before to help me sleep. Since this thread is so old I will also try to post a new thread. If you know about the blood draws the troopers are doing in WA State and what is standard now, if you have small pupils during the eye test? My attorney said the trooper, even if he has taken a class to determine drug abuse, has know way of knowing if someone is instead having a panic attack and severe anxiety because they just were in a really scary car accident. Worst cop I've ever met and has potentially ruined my life.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:00 pm 

I'm so sorry you are in this situation! And I certainly hope they don't charge you or that you beat the charges. It's a good cautionary tale for the rest of us too.

There is nothing you could have done to prevent this. It's not like you were doing anything wrong! Please keep us updated on your case.

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Apparently WA State is one of the worst states to get a DUI. Who knew when we consider ourselves so progressive? I meant he took me to his office so he could get a warrant for my blood, not arrest me. The whole time I'm there I'm thinking where are my rights? This can not be happening. I wasn't allowed to take pictures of the scene so that evidence is gone. At the police officers office he gave me a phone book to call a local attorney. Who uses a phone book in 2015?! During the time I was trying to contact an attorney I apparently missed out on getting my public defender because his office "didn't have call waiting". They aren't even required to read you the Miranda Rights. It's absolutely the most insane thing I have ever experienced. Last week I had a career and my life was great, now everything is in Jeapordy.

I would really like to know about the blood toxicity levels if anyone knows about this or has experience.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:21 am 
New Poster
New Poster

No denial in the fact that WA is among the worst places where you want to get charged for drunk driving. I really don’t know why blood toxicity levels aren’t determined. My uncle works with a Los Angeles DUI lawyer and he used to tell how cops at times charge people for no reason of their.

Last edited by Bryant74 on Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

tearj3rker wrote:
You made it very clear in your introductory post that you are not a doctor. However you must understand that your nickname, DocNusum, may give people the impression that you are. Therefore, if you gave someone advice, they would follow it as that of a doctor over a physician's assistant.

The majority of this board would not have read your introductory post, and going on your avatar, nickname & signature, people will assume you are an MD. Most people I've spoken to were of that belief.

Should anyone be following the advice of another poster without consulting /their/ physician? I don't think there's a legal obligation / doctor-patient relationship formed by addressing someone and frankly, I think it would be irresponsible to follow any advice given by someone else here. We're all equal here, it's a forum largely filled with anecdote, some medical research and no qualified physicians who know your Hx, DX, Hx or anything required to appropriately treat someone.

Individuals who have a strong interest/experience in medicine.
New Suboxone doctor/psychiatrist/therapist in the Boston area.