It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Ducks experience- day 1
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello,

For some reason this did not post so all of this was so twelve hours ago. Im up wired and again not sick as i should be..
Let me start off by telling a bit about my self. Im a 26year old woman whose been using H for two years but im not an IV user. On average I use .5 but ive cut down by half. Ive been planning to quit however I came across some H with cut of a longer life (how fortunate as if I needed an excuse). I wad perscribed subboxone through my doctor and sent home to induct basically, despite being p erscribed 8mg twice daily I dont think I'll need it.

I know I will wake up in W/D so I pllan to start sometime late tomorrow. I have been reading fourms on inducting and avoiding P/D for a week or better. I plan to start with .5 and dose every hour there after, but for now this is all I can say. I believe I need to wait to induct until I cannot sit still for more than five seconds and I begin to cry, lets hope I can achieve that goal in the shortest amount of time possible.

°§ara

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I forgot to mention, I was pretty foetunate when ai went looking for a sub doctor, it was my very own normal physician whom pre- addiction I saw monthly. Also, this is my second time being perscribed the S. I guess I wasnt ready last yime, Its the waiting til im in total withdrawl, few times ive felt it despite the decent habit i started so ling ago... I always wascan all ir nothing girl, but Im rambling now.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Seems i have gotten another batch with long acting opioids. 18 hours feelung fine. Waiting still

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

just read your thread duck, and all I can say to you is hang in there, stick it out...I know it's hard but it will be SOOOOO worth it! please continue to update us, as I know I'll be following your thread and pulling for you!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:11 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I agree... As someone who has been through P/WDs a time or two WAIT. There is some H going around cut with Fentanyl which is a rather long acting opiate and again from experience (My DOC was Fentanyl)The P/WDs from it can be a killer (It was literally was the only time I have ever contemplated suicide). I know it's tough and as addicts we want to feel better NOW. I would think that 24 to 48 hours would be sufficient, but if you have someone you can share your issues with, have them grade you on the COWS worksheet (I apologize for not having the link, but there is a sticky in one of these threads that has it)

Sub works better if you are in WDs as at that point it will offer relief.

You have it right by starting off with small doses, and taking every hour or so until you feel better. Once you know what dosage you're comfortable at you can then take that dosage once a day or break it into twice a day if need be.

Keep us posted on your progress. We are are to inform and support you through your recovery!

Much Luck,

John

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:46 pm 

Hi Sara! I just wanted to welcome you to the forum!

Good luck with the sub induction! Keep your chin up!

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:42 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Quick update,

I plan to post a new thread with how I got here, but too many back slides. Ive confessed my sins and now everyone knows. There is no more hiding or even using. I will have no choice but to start the S. It was the only way I could see getting better so I made sure alk would know, so hete it goes. Wish me luck

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:19 am 

Ducky...let me tell you how it work for me.

I started sub one evening 38 months ago and never looked back. .

So glad you found a dr.. hang in there. Hope today isyour dayy Sara. .:-):-):-)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It is, 16 hours in feeling "great" not.. gew more hours and im home plate though

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:35 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

How was the induction?

How are you doing?

Please post an update and let us know.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:47 pm 

Hey Ducky......I know its not quite bn 24 hours yet, but how are you? And sure the worse ya feel the better as they say..

Ill be checking this thread over nite so good luck S..
RAZOR. ...
Your going to be fine....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey ducky,

how ya doing hun? hopefully you're still hanging in there, I'm sure you are counting the hours but I want you to know you'll be feeling better soon and you'll do just fine. you'll be surprised at how quickly things will change for the better for you, and how great you're gonna be feeling very soon! Update us as soon as you can. YOU CAN DO THIS! we're here for you.
sending you good thoughts and prayers

Lizzie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:25 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey fellow understanders,

A bit of a restless night, I started the S but still experiencing mild WDs, sweating, hot and cold flashes, not sure figure it will subside as my tolerance drops. I was spending $3000 a month, I dont know how, lets hope I can make money without this habit and get back in college. Pre drugs I was a 3.8 psychology major, but I washed up quickly.

I met H during a rough patch in my life, I left a seven year relationship as it was evident marriage wasnt occuring and within a couple weeks news came that my father had terminal cancer. My days of escape quickly turned to hell and now two years later I am just now accepting things. Sorta, I packed up in the middle of the night and moved on my ex, a choice I deeply regret, but thwts long been over.

I have a great desire to stay on track to get my life back, the past couple years have been nothing but chasing the next fix to avoid sickness, so im interested in the coming days of warm weather to find what interests peak my eye. I do already notice my eyes seem brighter, the detroit city skyline never seemed brighter. Perhaps its just my brain not being in a fog, 26 years old seems I may have this in the bag before life gets away from me.

I better keep you updated, wouldnt want to speak too soon, we know how in your face opiates can be different.

Sara

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:42 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Also just wondering if any of you have experienced this.., its as though when in WD my sweat smells different maybe im crazy, perhaps its just more of it. And whats with the common sensus that it is coming out your pores? Seems unlukely

Maybe the S is keeping me up, tomorrow ill take it earlier.

Sara

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:57 pm 

Hi Sara! How have you been doing? It's been almost a week since we've heard from you and I'm wondering how you're doing on the sub. Update, please! :)

Amy