It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So I haven't smoked marijuana in 15 years at least. Was never a fan. So with that being said I have a interesting situation. So on Sunday im at a friends house that does smoke but not when I'm around. Anyways i ask him if he has any gum? He says no then remembers he does have some altoids but he keeps them with his stash of weed cause it helps "mask" the smell of weed. I say sure. Anyways when I eat the 3 he gave me they smelled and tastes like weed. But I didn't think anything of it...I go into my sub doctors today and after I pee I see on his sheet that I tested positive for THC with a written remark saying "very light "..he didn't bring it up though and it will be sent to a lab like always..so my question or statement is the oils from weed being absorbed into food items is enough to fail a screen..I mean i can say I def didn't feel the effects of marijuana..what are your thoughts!!
By the way I dont think most sub clinics bother with pos weed urine tests anymore..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:34 pm 

My doctor's office tests for MJ along with the other usual suspects.

I wish I had an answer to your question, but I just don't know if that would be enough to give a positive result. Has the fact that he hasn't asked you about it make you think that he won't bring it up? I hope he just recognizes it for what it is.

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well our urine always get sent to the lab and I'm sure it'll come back that I didn't ingest or smoke marijuana..the only way it got in my system is if the altoids absorbed thc oils from the weed. if thats the case then it would be hard for me to believe you cant fail a piss test from second hand smoke..completely wild. The main reason why I don't smoke weed is because I'm still in the military so I def can't be smoking something that takes 30days plus to get out of your system. Heck,i only got hooked on pain killers because that's what the docs pushed into me when I got home from deployment.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:10 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Just dawned on me that I've been eating a lot Advil the days leading up to my Dr appt..I found that nsaids will give a false positive for marijuana..maybe that was what it was?..disregard post. Haha.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:34 am 

I don't know and I'm only guessing but if there were anything from the weed, like dust from it or anything like that, and u ingested it then it possibly could show up in a screen very very lightly.

One time in my active addiction days, I was going to a Florida pain clinic. My first visit I thought I couldn't fail a urinalysis for any opiates on my first visit (little did I know I could have ate 20 oxycodone in front of them off the street). I had someone else pee in an old pill bottle and I kept that bottle warm til it was time to go pee in a cup. A little later the lady asked me if I'd done any benzo lately. I never took benzo and wasn't ever worried about failing for that because the person who peed for me wasn't an addict so I was confused. She said it shows very light traces of benzo. It hit me that the pill bottle I'd put the pee in was my then boyfriends old xanex bottle and I hadn't rinsed the bottle out before putting the pee in it. So just little tiny traces of benzo powder showed up in my drug screen I guess lol.