It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey fellow subbies... Let me to just get right to it.... Last week I went to my sub doc like i always do each month to get my 90 strips and give a urine smple(I live in R.I,not like it matters lol) Anyway my docs office building is about 3 buildings down from BK so I had lunch and walked to my docs building,But see I ONLY remember leaving BK,next thing I know I woke up in hospital an hour later(I didn't get hit nor hit by a car) I know cuz they threw me out in the waiting to wait my turn,i must have passed/blacked out lol.so the next day I call him and he calls two weeks worth in and says he wants too see me in 2 weeks(one week from today),ok understandable. So now first let me say im 5"10 &250 lbs! So now please dnt judge me,im looking for help, suggestions, Advice.etc . To make this as short as I can let me say it,ive done around four grams total of coke starting sunday nite into Tuesday late nite. Now I know they say 3-5 days, but im a big guy and dnt do anykind of labor work. I got on suboxne on my own. Not the court system, or child case,etc. so I know he wouldn't kick me off,hes a real cool & addiction doctor. I especially dnt want to come up pos. after the blacking/passing out randomly incident. My question to my fellow subbies is what can I do to speed up the process of eliminate this crap out my system??? im not a normal all the time user but I have a low metabolism oh and I only drink water already everyday....Anyones help will be greatly appreciated,Thanks :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:25 pm 

I wish I knew the answer to that, but I just have no idea!

Is it possible that you could just come clean to your doctor? I think that doctors who are understanding get that starting on sub is difficult for a lot of people. If you said that your doctor was really strict and harsh, I would not suggest you being honest because we've heard stories of being kicked out of their program. I wish you luck and I hope someone here can answer you. Let us know how it turns out!

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Amy, thanks for your response, And yes my doc is really cool, understanding, And a passionate doctor, Hes also an addiction doctor,so he def. knows how a addicts mind works. But I just do not want to come up positive and disrespect him, All my other tests have been what they were suppose to be (sub, Xanax, pot) Yes,he is even pot friendly! Great dude for sure!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Craig- something you wrote really sticks out and caught my attention:

"But I just don't want to come up positive and disrespect him..."

Do you really mean this? If so what would you call lying and trying to fool him if not disrespecting him? Am I wrong? At least be honest with yourself here. Rather than trying to sneak around and lie to him you really need to consider being honest both with your doc and with yourself. Come clean with him so he can help you. Being dishonest is not going to help you - and certainly is not showing respect.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Craig

My question is did you do the coke before passing out or after? There are home drug tests you can buy just make sure they are the immediate ones, not the ones you have to send away & wait for an answer.

Donh has brought up some important suggestions, An addict in recovery doesn't usually do coke for 4 days straight and smoke weed (unless it's for medical reasons).

Are you in any type of counseling? Does your doctor have rules about working your recovery while on sub?

My sub doc is a wonderful man! He met me on a Sunday to induct me and has gotten to know me through my monthly visits. He has all his patients work on recovery because sub is just one tool in recovery.

So maybe you can answer your own question by buying a drug test kit that tests for coke and taking it a couple days before your appointment.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:54 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Tiki, hello, no the coke was done well after my passing/blacking out incident,yes im in counseling and havnt done opiates since Aug 2014.And the coke thing was a binge with a hot gir and we had a fun time and that's all no more no less,And I do have Medical marijuana card in R.I where I live do to a bad car accident ,got way over prescribed oxycodone and that's why im on subs now,i couldn't take "the chase of the pill" Nor spending $200-$300 bucks every other day on pills.Thanks for your feed back.......Now donh you said "? If so what would you call lying and trying to fool him if not disrespecting him?"- When in my post did I ever say "i was or wanted to "fool" him???? I simply asked the fastest was to get this crap out my urine!!!