It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Drug Screening Question
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello all, I haven't been here in a while (to post) because I have been busy getting my life straight.

Many of you don't know who I am, but this forum has helped me out immensely in the past. It helped me through the negative posts and while the years passed, I could not be in a better position. Which actually brings me to my question.

Suboxone saved my life--it truly did. I have a good job, I don't do ANY OTHER DRUGS. I don't even drink alcohol. But I am still on Suboxone (4MG a day). I am prescribed by a doctor and plan on tapering quite soon.

However, I scored high on a state examination and I was called for the position. This job will not only mean my future, but can change my life for good. However, it is with the state.

I know Suboxone doesn't come up as an opiate on a drug screening and has to be tested specifically for it; but does anyone know if a state position will test for it? I haven't gotten to the portion of the screening where they will test me which is why I would like to know this far before hand. The preliminary information they gave me was that they will do a "urine analysis for substance abuse" and I cannot be dependent on or abuse drugs or alcohol. I am assuming they are talking about a regular 5 to 9 panel urine analysis but I was hoping someone would be able to shine some light on the situation.

Thanks as always to the wonderful and knowledgeable people here. You might not know it, but you touched my life. For the good.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:39 pm 

Hey Jaydub! I'm sorry that I don't have an answer to your question as I'm unfamiliar with different drug testing.

I would like to acknowledge what you wrote about being helped by the good folks on this forum! It's always great to hear that we've helped someone in any way. I hope your question is answered quickly!

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
Hey Jaydub! I'm sorry that I don't have an answer to your question as I'm unfamiliar with different drug testing.

I would like to acknowledge what you wrote about being helped by the good folks on this forum! It's always great to hear that we've helped someone in any way. I hope your question is answered quickly!

Amy

Oh you all most definitely did. Thanks for the reply even though you don't know the answer. :)

It is quite specific, however, I can't imagine them testing specifically for Suboxone. I would imagine it would be your typical urine analysis as I have not seen any employer exercise the ability to test for Suboxone specifically. But it is a state job which has me worried and if I don't get this job because of this, I will be pretty devastated. :(

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:04 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I know this might not be great news, but in Oregon, I know some state jobs that require driving ie. ODOT(Oregon Dept of Transportation) OSP (Oregon State Police) , Parole and Probation, Dept of Corrections and almost all law enforcement jobs ARE testing for buprenorphine on the drug screens. Prob not what u want to hear, but good luck and hope your state or job prospect does not. In my case though, I would rather bow out of a job then test positive and have it on record. Just my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:20 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I agree which is why I am trying to find out.

It's not for either of those, but it does require me to obtain a firearm license. It is also New York State.

However, would it show on my record even if I am perscribed the medication?