It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It's not what you think.

I am starting to wonder that drug dealer's have joined our forum and are pissed off that we are using Subs or other methods to beat an addiction and feel the need to post things to start trouble because of the money they are losing from us. LOL

I don't understand why someone feels the need to post things in this forum to start drama. I have had enough of that in my life, thanks to choices I made. Just my thoughts on some of the posts I have seen recently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:59 am 

Honeybun, we really do our best to catch trolls as soon as possible when they are obviously posting just to piss people off and cause trouble. The two posters you are referring to have been here before posting under a different name each time. This is obviously someone with an agenda, but I don't think drug pushing is the agenda. This poster just wants to blame the world and others who are doing well on suboxone for his own troubles. He does not play well with others. :)

Thank you for being one of our awesome, supportive posters! Having folks like you around makes up for the occasional trollish personality.

Amy

Post subject: Agreed
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:41 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I don't mind a personal experience. Story. Opinions. But what I do mind is posting it inappropriately on a personal thread (s).

What a ranting cry for help, huh? I feel bad for them. God bless there little heart! :roll:

Amy- we know you do! We appreciate ya and all that you do here!! (Hugs!)

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Re: Agreed
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Jennicole525 wrote:
God bless there little heart! :roll:
(Hugs!)

LOL Jenni, in the south "bless your heart" has a totally different meaning. I think it fits here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:39 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Oh yes ma'am... It sure does! Totally, appropriate :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

When I moved from up north down here to the south, people kept on saying to me, "bless his little heart"......what am I missing? :?

I thought they were saying a prayer for me or something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:53 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Romeo wrote:
When I moved from up north down here to the south, people kept on saying to me, "bless his little heart"......what am I missing? :?

I thought they were saying a prayer for me or something?

LOL! Oh they were, they were.... In a diferent way. Um now I don't want to explain it romeo, ha! Go ahead, thats all you horsegal ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Bless your heart in the south can be used in ALOT of different ways. But it is usually a way for a southern woman who has been raised to "be sweet" to get in a cleverly veiled insult. Need examples? K...

A southern woman sees another woman she doesn't like running the local walking track. She says, "Look at that poor woman trying to jog around that track. Her rear-end is dragging a trail, bless her heart." - see, the Bless her heart cancelled out the bad thing she said.

Most commonly though, and definitely valid in this case, when someone says "bless your heart" they are basically calling you an idiot.

Here's my version which applies to WakeYouUp, and all the other personalities he created...

Poor little guy has just had a terrible time with his treatment. He can't help it if that awful medicine made him sound like a complete moron, bless his heart. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:15 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

qhorsegal2 wrote:
Bless your heart in the south can be used in ALOT of different ways. But it is usually a way for a southern woman who has been raised to "be sweet" to get in a cleverly veiled insult. Need examples? K...

A southern woman sees another woman she doesn't like running the local walking track. She says, "Look at that poor woman trying to jog around that track. Her rear-end is dragging a trail, bless her heart." - see, the Bless her heart cancelled out the bad thing she said.

Most commonly though, and definitely valid in this case, when someone says "bless your heart" they are basically calling you an idiot.

Here's my version which applies to WakeYouUp, and all the other personalities he created...

Poor little guy has just had a terrible time with his treatment. He can't help it if that awful medicine made him sound like a complete moron, bless his heart. :D

Well done, and still politely and sweet ha. Now when you add in 'little' you're basically making it obvious in your statement that you've noticed something about a person without blurting out any mean words about them. Hence horsegal saying still being sweet..... Kinda :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Let me get this straight, for years now, people have been calling me an idiot? And to top it off, cuz I thought they were being nice, I've been THANKING THEM FOR CALLING ME AN IDIOT???

I hate the south!!! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's okay Romeo...we can't all be brilliant and accomplished in the ways of the world.

It takes all kinds to make this world interesting. Even the slow ones...Eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:51 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Not entirely!

If my cat brings me a mangled mouse, that's suffering.... I'd say "omg, ugh, god bless its heart!" With good intentions.

But, yer not a mangled mouse... :wink:

Just one of those sayings that once you are used to, you get crafty with

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:33 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Please know that my post about the drug dealer's was my way of joking.

Computers make sarcasm hard on me. LOL

When I first say the posts I thought, maybe we have some mad drug dealers trying to get there customers back since we really don't have a need for them anymore. My intentions were not to upset but to make you laugh.

On another point, I am from the midwest and I use the term "bless his little heart" interchangeabley (is that a word). Depends on who I am talking about. Next time I will try to be funnier. Or maybe not stay up so late. (giggle)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:30 am 

I actually thought this thread was very clever, Honeybun. I got that you were being sarcastic, but I couldn't produce enough levity at the time to respond in kind. That guy (or all 3 guys) was working on my last nerve with a hacksaw! With the 3 personalities I felt like I was playing Whack-a-Mole! I'm so glad to have you gals who help me keep my composure (barely!)

I'm not from the south, but let me give it a try. Poor wakeyouup... it must be so hard for him to make any friends since his momma didn't teach him any manners, bless his little heart!

Romes, our fondness for you overshadows any hint of possibly negative personality traits! (But bless your heart, you are immensely fun to tease!)

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
I actually thought this thread was very clever, Honeybun. I got that you were being sarcastic, but I couldn't produce enough levity at the time to respond in kind. That guy (or all 3 guys) was working on my last nerve with a hacksaw! With the 3 personalities I felt like I was playing Whack-a-Mole! I'm so glad to have you gals who help me keep my composure (barely!)

I'm not from the south, but let me give it a try. Poor wakeyouup... it must be so hard for him to make any friends since his momma didn't teach him any manners, bless his little heart!

Romes, our fondness for you overshadows any hint of possibly negative personality traits! (But bless your heart, you are immensely fun to tease!)

Amy

Sorry I didn't trim that down....but I couldn't leave any of it out. Too funny! Whack-a-mole! LOL! Just when you think you have one squished another one pops up!!!!

Honeybun...I got your joke. I thought it was funny too. No worries friend!

And as for Romeo, I'm sorry, I just couldn't help myself. He is such an easy target sometimes. :D I would have had my smart ass card pulled if I didn't poke fun at him on this one. Everyone else, watch out...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OK, I officially hate all of you right now!!! Except you, HoneyBun, you're a sweetie....unlike these mean girls here!!!

Bless my little heart.....BAH, humbug!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Lol Romeo I don't mean to laugh but that is to funny!

Your OK in my book!

Post subject: Romeo
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Oh, thank you Romeo you are living up to your name. Bless your sweet little heart. (Sorry i couldn't resist.) I mean that in a good way. Just wanted to say thank you all. I have been searching this forum for a couple of years before I joined, and then got clean. YOU GUYS and GALS ROCK!!

:wink:

BTW LOOOOVED the whack a mole joke. I thought it was 2 or 3 different people on a mission.

Post subject: Always a student
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:14 pm 

Just when you think you've got a good handle on the english language, a Southerner comes up with an entirely new twist on a saying I've always considered endearing. Now I will pay much more attention when hearing that phrase.

This site is entertaining most of the time. Thanks all for a good laugh today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:31 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I try! :D I'm so good for more than that.... I could be a detective.... Lol! (So couldn't all of us!!??)