It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've been on Suboxone since 2009. I'm down to Suboxone 2mg to 4mg and as soon as I drop below 4mg, I begin to get strong drug cravings, then I have to up my Suboxone to 6mg where the drug cravings stop. I feel I'm stuck on Suboxone for the rest of my life. Does anyone have any ideas on how to handle these very, very STRONG drug cravings that I get when I fall below Suboxone 4mg?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Seems it gets harder the more the taper gets. I had issues when I was taking subs and got down to 2 mgs. I would end up on a roller coaster with my meds and always ran out atleast a week before my next refill and had to try to make them stretch by dividing doses down to .5 mgs to cover me as long as I could. Seemed when I HAD no option but to take the low dose, I had no issue doing it but soon as I got my script filled, the whole thing started over. There will be anxiety the lower you taper and its our job to find other ways to not reach for more meds when we feel it. It takes willpower and something to do to take our mind else where until the craving passes. Maybe talk to your doctor and let him or her know you are experiencing issues and see what they say. Whatever you do, dont get trapped like I was on that ride whre you overtake meds and run short, its not fun!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:45 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

10% tapers, if you feel that way, and wait at least 14 days between drops. If you need a helper don't go higher that your original dose, try .5 if and wait 30min and do something to take your mind away constructive. JMO

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If you are taking it once a day, you may need to take half the dose twice a day. Seems like below 8 mg a day several people have done that. PAX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:25 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you everyone for your help and feedback. I still have problems and can't seem to kick these nasty cravings. I felt normal for years on Suboxone, now I feel depressed, anxious, nervous and moody as I lower my Suboxone down past 4mg. I just can't seem to find any answers, or a cure for this. I feel like a hopeless, lost soul. Sometimes I feel death will be my only escape. I wish I were normal.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:58 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

goodygirl wrote:
Thank you everyone for your help and feedback. I still have problems and can't seem to kick these nasty cravings. I felt normal for years on Suboxone, now I feel depressed, anxious, nervous and moody as I lower my Suboxone down past 4mg. I just can't seem to find any answers, or a cure for this. I feel like a hopeless, lost soul. Sometimes I feel death will be my only escape. I wish I were normal.

OMGosh Goodygirl, that is definitely NOT the only escape. I have been where you are, walked that path, I feel your pain, I really do. Just start making the next best healthy choice, and you will eventually break free from your pain. Check out my thread from today. Romeo has posted some great advice for recovery, and I can attest that there is light after darkness....please do not give up! You are loved!
rca

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

rca1004 wrote:
goodygirl wrote:

OMGosh Goodygirl, that is definitely NOT the only escape. I have been where you are, walked that path, I feel your pain, I really do. Just start making the next best healthy choice, and you will eventually break free from your pain. Check out my thread from today. Romeo has posted some great advice for recovery, and I can attest that there is light after darkness....please do not give up! You are loved!
rca

Tell me, where can I find this "Romeo"?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

goodygirl wrote:
rca1004 wrote:
goodygirl wrote:

rca

He's all over the place on this forum: (see: http://www.suboxforum.com/search.php?author_id=3264&sr=posts) but I suspect he'll find you eventually.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:52 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

goodygirl wrote:
rca1004 wrote:
goodygirl wrote:

rca

Yes, boop is right, he is "all over" the forum, has been 4 years clean from subs (jumped from 8mgs!- ouch!) and continues to help other recovering addicts (like us!). The specific advice on recovery I was referring to pertains to his thoughts on "the mind, body, spirit" pillars of recovery. You'll find those comments on page 8 of my thread called "Need Support" under this same section, "Stopping Suboxone". He'll probably pop up on your thread sooner or later as well :D
Happy to see you posted today! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:03 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

And what is up with you today Goodygirl? Where are you "at" in your taper or dosing? Do you have a plan? Do you have some support system where you are? This forum is pretty much my only support, but I have found it invaluable, and have gone from feeling "lonely and scared", to "optimistic and hopeful" over the course of this last month. Please just keep posting and reading other's posts (skip the "horror stories"!) I have found many inspiring (and entertaining!) threads here by Trainer, No_Boop, Mama79, just to name a few who have jumped successfully and recently (not with out some struggles and set backs, but that is a normal part of the process and it is encouraging to read how other "pick themselves up" again and keep making progress). I'm getting closer....not quite there yet, but I'm not NEARLY as scared as I was a month ago.