It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:23 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Addiction is something else.

I am currently going through Ambien withdrawal. I can't sleep, I have no appetite and severe nausea. It got so bad I had to go to the ER. I have a history of heart attack so I have to go to the ER for precautionary measures because the symptom I get during a heart attack is nausea. I have to be there at least 10 hours for blood tests so they can safely rule out heart attack.

They started an IV with fluids because I was dehydrated. Fine, no problem. Then the doctor ordered some strong anti-nausea medication. When the nurse ran it through the IV, I started getting a good feeling. Like some euphoria, well being and of course the nausea was going away. An hour and a half later the doctor asked me if I felt better. I did feel better but not completely. I still had some nausea. The doctor said, "I'm going to give you something a little stronger. Sure enough, as soon as she started the IV, that feeling again.

Now, I think it's psychological because that hospital has all my records & medical information. I mean with my history, it's my second home. They know I'm on Subs and I told the Dr. & she said "I know, I saw it in your history. I told her I don't have pain, I don't need anything for pain. No narcotics. The names of the nausea medications sounded so crazy I forgot what they were but did I think I felt that because IV's remind me of drugs? I mean, I have had 9 major surgeries in the last 4 years that required heavy, and I mean heavy drugs. Or should I say heaven. LOL Sorry, I don't want to tempt you I'm just trying to explain. Man, we are chasing that high in anyway we can get it.

Interesting, right?

Love, Queenie[font=Century Gothic] [/font][font=Arial Black] [/font][b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:40 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

i agree with addiction is psychological. i am fighting a battle in my mind now with the devil addiction. wishing u wellness and hope u feel better today. hello monday!

Post subject: HI
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

How are you today?

Nausea medications don't contain narcotics so it was all in my mind. Maybe the IV made me think I felt something. Crazy huh?

Take care. I will look for you tomorrow. Stay strong.

Queenie

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I agree 100% that addiction is psychological.

How many times i was in serious withdrawal, there were a couple times were i had to go do something like work or family party. Well what do you know the second i get busy and stop dwelling on the withdrawals im no longer so sick i cant move. But as soon as the party ends all the sudden the WD's are back full force. So its all in your head the majority of time. Sure WDs are physical but other than that what is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Me too. I remember being in WD and feeling like I couldn't get out of the chair. Then I called someone and found out I could get something, and suddenly I felt SO much better, even though I hadn't even gotten the drugs yet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Lillyval wrote:
Me too. I remember being in WD and feeling like I couldn't get out of the chair. Then I called someone and found out I could get something, and suddenly I felt SO much better, even though I hadn't even gotten the drugs yet!

Ah lilly you bring up a great point with that one. God i always would be sick as a dog the day of my pain Dr app but as soon as i had those new scripts in my hand and im heading to the pharmacy i feel like a million bucks, you could never of told i was throwing up all morning only a hour ago. Its like a switch as soon as u know your getting your meds the whole orld changes.

Last edited by Bboy42287 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:39 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

we need a like button i like both lilly and boy responses sooo true

hanging in there queenie thanks hope u are too

Post subject: Hi wish & Bboy,
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

How are you? I'm doing good. No Ambien in 12 days. Just goes to show you.

Your mind can be a friend or your worst enemy. If you think, "I don't want to go back to that hell. Look how happy I am now" Things will go just fine.

But, as soon as you think "I need something" or "I'm bored" things start happening and before you know it you are back in hell and don't know when it happened. Like someone here at this forum said "Play the whole tape. Not just when you feel good, think of all the agony & misery that goes with that. Where are you going to get it? Where is the money? "I am going to be sick" "I'm sick & I can't go to work. Will I lose my job?" "What about my kids?"

Let's stay strong. Let's beat this devil prison.. I'm here for you. You can vent with me because I'm sure going to vent with you.

I love you,
Queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:27 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Aint this just the truth. I remember sending someone to get me my h when I fucked my my sub taper and sat in the bed laughing to myself (nut case haha.)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm new here but sadly old to the game. I agree this is almost all psychological. SWIM would sometimes run short on his script and windup using maybe .25mgs/day as opposed to 4mgs/day about 2 days before his appt ,that .25mgs when swim knows he will be out and need to take that long ride to the sub doc on the 3rd day then stand in line at the pharmacy does nothing. Swim feels like hell no motivation muscle aches etc. However, same .25mgs when swim has a full script takes away all the WD's. Now that is psychological. Swim now makes it a point to never run short anymore. It's in the head but not worth it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:10 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

As for psychological...

I deal with it every single day! I'm trying to get off the subs, & sometimes I'll just be laying on the couch & randomly start to feel a withdraw coming on. I'll tell myself I'm just hot, or I'll be fine, I'm not withdrawing. & sometimes it'll go away, sometimes it won't.

It's like my subconscious doesn't like me! lol

Kansas

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Actually its my experience that nausea medication can give similar feelungs, I once was given bennadryl for a procedure and I swear they gave me the good stuff, but I went so far as to check my file and my billing which was itemized, and nope o,ly bennadryl. IV can make the world of difference.