It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:29 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This is Day # 6 for me after dropping from 6 mg to 5 mg. Call me a wimp, a whiner, or whatever you want, but I've been feeling this drop waaaaayyy more than I expected. I expected to feel about the same as dropping from 7 to 6, so it's no placebo effect. I take half an 8-mg tab in the morning, an hour before I have to get up. I give it an hour so the chills will subside by the time I have to get up and also because my kids won't give me an hour during any other part of the day when I can not speak. The chills and aches actually start waking me up around 3 a.m. (Again, placebo effect wouldn't wake me up from a dead sleep!) I wait until at least 2 p.m. and then take my last mg for the day (1/2 of a 2-mg strip). I know these yucky effects will be letting up any day now and then I can enjoy some time of just feelings normal. I'm not dropping again any time soon, and when I do, it will be to 4.5 mg. Dropping 6 mg to 5 mg violated the 10% rule of thumb.

One weird thing is that I am breaking out in pimples on my chin area. It may sound vain and stupid, but it's really bugging me. I even started using Proactive. I don't normally get many pimples and it's not 'that time' when I should be getting them. I'm drinking way more H2O than normal...taking vitamins, washing my face twice a day like I always do. These are the kind of zits that just don't respond to anything. My best friend is tapering off Sub and she's never had acne in her life. She reminded me that she started struggling with it around the same place that I'm at. She theorizes it's toxins leaving my body. What do you guys think and have you gone through this, too? Also, did you start getting some not-so-pretty black circles and puffiness under your eyes? I don't think I've been sleeping well this past week.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:48 am 
Just the fact that you're probably feeling stressed could be contributing to the acne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:24 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

If your feeling really bad tommaro you could try doing 5mgs-6mgs-5mgs-6mgs for a few days and it will average out to 5.5mgs and it will be a lot easier to handle. This is what I have done for my last two drops.

Just a suggestion I wish you the best :D

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: who knows?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I agree that it's probably the stress of going down. I did briefly consider going to 5.5, but I really need to stick with a drop once I make it. I've learned that the hard way. Once I cross that line, I become unwilling to endure anything.

Thankfully, today I feel like I turned a corner. The chills were nearly non-existent this morning. AND I don't think it's a coincidence that my face is clearing up. I do think it was the stress on my body. As I feel the symptoms easing, it's such a great feeling to know I hung in there, KWIM? Now, I can just chill out here at 5 mg a little while and gradually combine it into a single daily dose before dropping again.

laddertipper