It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:30 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

For the past 9-10 months I have been on Suboxone. I have been going to the same office religiously. My last appt was scheduled for 3 days ago. When I got to my appt they were doing random UAs on everybody - not a problem. When it was my turn to see the dr I had a office worker bring me in a room and tell me they were dismissing me! The dr would not give me ANY reason. I even offered to do the UA, so they would know I was clean, blahblah. ANYHOW, my question is - Can he legally cut me off like that? I was on 3 8mg strips a day. He cut me off without a worry in the world, and wouldnt even speak to me. The guy who runs the office even told me he can see how much Suboxone had changed me/my habits. I have a LIFE now. He tried to get the dr to talk to me 3 times, and he refused. (by then the office was empty - the dr writes Hydrocodone in one office in the morning, and two hours later he comes to the Suboxone clinic - makes no sense to me)

I would like to know if there is anything he legally did wrong, that I can bring up.

I was doing SO good, and then my trust was just severed without a thought.

Since then, I now go to another dr (yes, im very fortunate to have found a dr so soon) but his whole program is crazy. I dont feel "safe" there, if that makes sense. I could just still be in shock from being dismissed without explanation from dr #1. He gives me 2 8mg a day. Im so sick of these wishy washy drs. This medicine is supposed to be part of a TREATMENT plan, how can these people just cut me off like this? Im so confused. Any light on this subject would be appreciated. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:16 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Damn dude, sorry to hear! I don't understand how they can just drop you without even offering an explanation? This doesn't make sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Staar,

I'm so sorry that happened to you. I can't even imagine what went through you mind when they told you all that. I wouldn't freaked the fuck out!!! (Which I'm sure you probably did too.) But you did get a new doctor, and that's the important thing - that you continue your sub treatment.

As for your question about him doing anything illegal. No, he did not. No doctor can be forced to treat any person. BUT, that said, you can probably write to your state licensing board and/or the AMA and file a complaint against him for dropping you without a word of explanation given and with no extra meds, just leaving you to withdraw. It may not be illegal, but it surely isn't what a doctor should ethically do.

Good luck as you move forward with your continuing sub treatment.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:37 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was very lucky to find a dr the same day, so I kinda feel as though that part was meant and whatnot, but as far as he knows, Im back buying off the street. But I refuse to ever let myself get that way again, I have a two year old little boy who I couldnt put through the bullshit. Anyhow, Tomorrow morning my mom and I are going to see what we can do about stoping this idiot. First off, for him running the clinic like a pill mill (yea sure, i was fine with it until i realized he wouldnt drop people on their asses without any help) and secondly doing JUST THAT. And yes, I freaked the fuck out. Cried and cried.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:06 am 
New Poster
New Poster

PM me for my email if you need any