It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My Dr just told me she can't see many anymore because I'm on medicare. I pay for office visits out of pocket . I've called medicare they said something was fishy. I've seen this woman for over a year then had a relapse when I broke my leg. Came back to her after being off sub over a year. Today was my second visit and she said it was my last with her. I've called medicare they gave me a number to call about complaints. Got no sympathy from this Dr and she just handed me my script and left the room. I explained to her that I don't understand. I got a half ass response something about" I have to go to a medicare only Dr". I'm just confused looking for a new Dr now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I can't believe Vidya dropped you like that, I never did like her. I always thought she was just in it for the money.

If you go to the top of this page, there's a tab called Find Suboxone Doctors, give it a whirl.

I hope you find a real Suboxone doctor Jonella.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That sucks. I would definitely follow through with your complaint though. I don't believe doctors can discriminate like that against medicare patients. If you can't find a doc on this one locator, come on back and we can give you a couple more online sub doc locators. Good luck finding a new doctor. Make sure to tell them you're already on suboxone and don't need a full induction.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:29 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Romeo wrote:
I can't believe Vidya dropped you like that, I never did like her. I always thought she was just in it for the money.

If you go to the top of this page, there's a tab called Find Suboxone Doctors, give it a whirl.

I hope you find a real Suboxone doctor Jonella.

I've been contacted by a few Dr's in Nashville. I went through a link on Naabt. I just got to call them and check their prices. I've got 2 months before I have to see one. I'm on 8 mg but I only take 4. I've got 33 films left. Next week I'm going to try to taper to 2 then to 1 the next and lower the next. So maybe I can taper off this myself. I'm still going to call other Dr's because I may fail.

I believe Vidya was trying to charge Medicare for my Drug test. She used to do that. They caught her butt this time. She had the nerve try to hold my RX till after one of her stupid rerun ass meeting. Like I felt like going to a meeting after what she told me. I had allready done 2 for the month though. I used to really like her but hell she tried to make like it was my fault about her having to boot me and even told me to be careful. I know for a fact there are more people than me that had Medicare. I wish I knew how to contact them. I've talked to a few in the past at her office.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:35 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hatmaker510 wrote:
That sucks. I would definitely follow through with your complaint though. I don't believe doctors can discriminate like that against medicare patients. If you can't find a doc on this one locator, come on back and we can give you a couple more online sub doc locators. Good luck finding a new doctor. Make sure to tell them you're already on suboxone and don't need a full induction.

Thank you. You are right she shouldn't be able to do that. I know in the past she has had a malpractice suit filed against her. She is trying to cover her ass about something. I honestly think she was trying to charge Medicare for my drug test even though I was paying out of pocket.

I've had a few Dr's contact me through the NAABT Dr finder. I'm waiting to see if more reply before I call. I'll give it till monday till I try. I'm really try to stretch these 33 films I have and try to taper, maybe even try to taper off. I'm scared I will fail as I have done in the past I'm going to definitely try to set up an appointment just in case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

She also charged me for Junes group meetings. Since she dropped me I don't think I should be required to attend her meeting. Should I ask for my money back for the meeting I no longer am required to attend. I bet she will refuse to give me my money back.

Post subject: Jonella
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:01 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This is extremely unfortunate and not professional. Unfortunately no doctor has to see you for any reason. It's legal, but it's not right, not in my eyes.

Go to Suboxone.com and type in your zip code to receive a list of available docs in your area. Good luck, stay strong!

Post subject: Re: Jonella
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

pharmakon_logy wrote:
This is extremely unfortunate and not professional. Unfortunately no doctor has to see you for any reason. It's legal, but it's not right, not in my eyes.

Go to Suboxone.com and type in your zip code to receive a list of available docs in your area. Good luck, stay strong!

Yes I was told by Medicare that any Dr has the right to drop you at any time for any reason. It doesn't even bother me that she dropped me anymore, because there are tons of Dr's around here. I have set up an appointment with another Dr.

What bothers me is how she used me to fraud Medicare. Some claims are for 400.00 for the piss test. Medicare called me earlier and they are calling her office as we speak. They are supposed to call me back and let me know what happens.