It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: DREAMS
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:14 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Okay peeps...I know this forum is often used for the bad side effects we have. This one is much more fun! Since starting suboxone I have noticed an increase in dreams in general and a definite increase in talking out loud in my sleep. About a week ago I woke myself up cracking up at a funny dream, my husband has told me many things I have said in my sleep and made fun of me the next morning. I can usually recall exactly what the dream was and know what he is talking about right away. It's kind of cool. A couple nights ago the dream was kind of scary and I remember walking into a room (in my dream) with a man seated in a recliner, and for some reason I was scared and trying to scream. You know those dreams where your trying to scream and nothing comes out? I was trying to scream and I woke myself up making this very low, gutteral sound...kind of like a loud prolonged groan. Uhhhhhhhhhhhh. I awoke to my husband sitting straight up in bed looking at me like I was a complete idiot! He said "What the hell are you doing???" I said, " I don't know, I was screaming." It was really funny because the sound I was making sounded NOTHING like a scream.

So here's the question. Anyone else experience these vivid dreams more since starting suboxone? Come on ya'll, we need some humor on the boards...let's hear some of your funnier stories!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I've had many lucid dreams, and even studied them for a while, learning how to induce them. It's really cool once you learn how to do it and are able to keep your body in the sleep state, but keep your mind awake. Like the ones that you mentioned where you try to scream and nothing comes out...I get those, and I also get sleep paralysis at the same time, which is when I realize I am dreaming, and then I try to stay in it.

That's when sometimes I can start to control the dream and I fly all over the place. It's an awesome feeling and so much fun!! I wake up feeling so refreshed and alert. I always wish I could go back to sleep and do it again when I have these. I haven't had any at all since being on sub though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OK, first of all....hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! qhorsegal, I can see the look on your husbands face right now, because my wife gave me the same look!! I was having a dream that some kinda fairy lady (yep, she had wings and all) had me by the ankles and was twisting the living shit out of them and squeezing them and carrying on. Apparently, I was groaning and making other silly noises and I woke up with my wife leaning over me asking me the same, "What in the hell are you doing question?" I'm telling ya, that was one mean ass fairy.

Taurus, I tried the same thing you did for a while, I never mastered it. Every time I got close to lucid dreams, that mean ass fairy would come back, scare the hell out of me and wake me up. Dumb fairies!! :lol:

As far as having a lot of lucid dreams while on Suboxone, that wasn't the case for me. I've really only had 4 or 5 lucid dreams in my lifetime......and NO, they didn't all involve fairies!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I didnt dream, or talk in my sleep for a LONG TIME. I mean, I was a big sleepwalker/talker when I was a kid, and I had
"night terrors" as a teenager.

Once I started with the opiates, NO MORE.

THEN........about 4 months (i think) on suboxone, HERE COME THE DREAMS.

the first one, I actually thought was REAL.......
I dreamed I had gotten paid, and was gonna buy a whole bunch of pills, and ya know sell'm and make a bunch of money and of COURSE get fucking loadedddddd.

In the dream I carried it all out. was gone ALLLLLL night. Came home at first light of day, with about $4 in my pocket. I woke up as my key hit the door.......

when I woke up I was like
"oh my god amber ,,,,, HOW could you DO THAT????"

I even started apologizing to my husband, who looked VERY puzzled. . . . He picked up the pants I had on the day before, reaches in the pocket, and THERES MY PAYCHECK
hadn't even cashed it yet!!!!

I was SO relieved, that I forgot to LAUGH. I will NEVER forget how guilty I felt, becuase in MY HEAD, I really did it.

Now Ive woken myself up plenty of time since then, laughing ,,,, or yelling,
once I yelled "yeah, well FUCK YOU" apparently to my boss, according to my hubby.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
and Im glad the feeling that it was really reality has lifted. Not having any dreams for years and years though, I guess would make it hard to tell the difference. I remember telling my doctor about it. and he said Im not the only one that he had tell them of this type of experience, thinking it REALLY happened.......

Sweet dreams everyone!!!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:32 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Wow Taurus...that sounds so cool. I wish I could do that. I have had alot of those good dreams when I wake up sooner than I would have liked to and wish I could go back into it again after falling back asleep...it never works out for me.

Romeo...great minds think and dream alike I guess. My hubby says he never dreams so that makes me look even crazier when I have one of those real good talky ones! I'm sure one day I'm going to scare him off but so far he sticks it out. :P :P

Amber...I am cracking up about you cussing out your boss in your dream! I have totally wanted to do that at times...I bet it felt good even if it wasn't for real! I have had those dreams about using and buying pills too. Just the other night I dreamed that I bought a few from a friend and my husband caught me and was mad at me. I remember telling him that I bought them but I didn't take them....so it doesn't count. Whatever.....

Okay, I know there are more good ones out there. Come on everyone, entertain us!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:11 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

wow i have been thinking of writing a post and title it the same thing! but i havent yet because i keep thinking my husband will sign up and do it for himself. he is the one with the dreams. i think some are bad tho. plenty of good too. he works nights and when he sleeps we r all up sometimes he will come downstairs and start telling us of his dreams. he knows every detail. i do the dream thing too but cant remember them usually (just the bad i remember the basic). on weekends we get to sleep together he says i do the wimpers. the real question i have been having concerning his dream sleep is sometimes he is standing or sitting on edge of bed. i am worried will he sleep fall right down the stairs. is anybody else walking around? sorry about off topic a little but i really have been trying to look under threads to see how i can get him to actually stay in bed. i know he is lacking the proper full sleep hours cause he only gets approx. 4-5 hours each day (that includes him waking up to tell the latest dream). damn while i am finishing this up hubby comes to sit by me and tells me about another dream lol. he says he can even lay down for a few, thinking okay i am going to get in another dream he really enjoys most of them. also any suggestions in help to remember dreams?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:01 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I talked to a regular doctor about the whole sleep walking/talking/ (everything)

and she actually said, you are in a deep sleep while this is going on. I have no idea how to try and REMEMBER the dreams, but I do know the doctor told my husband, If Im ever like on my way to do something dangerous, or like your describing your husband, you should just turn him around, or try to get him to move, but its important not to wake him, if possible.

This all stemmed from an "incident" that scared the living shit outta my husband. I guess I was standing in the middle of the kitchen with a knife in my hand. Muttering something about someone trying to hurt me. My poor guy had NO IDEA what to do. He told the doctor he just snuck up on me and grabbed the knife, hid the rest of the knife block, and left me alone. I dont remember ANY of it.

it was after that he urged me to talk to someone. Ive also woken up out on our fronch porch.
I apparently, will go outside. then I wake up mostly becuase Im cold (I think)

I just wanted to come in and give that lil info.......doctor says waking the person up can be absolutely shocking to the mind/body and SOME people have even had heart attacks, but those people usually had PLENTY of other health issues going on.

I would say if he's at the edge of the bed or something, just try and turn him....

when I was a little kid, I wanted BUNK BEDS SOOOOOOOOO bad,,,,, my mom refused because of my sleep habits...

well my grandpa built me some, and made a rail that went all the way across both sides!!!
this was in the 80s so bunk beds in the store were just double bed frames, one on top of the other, NO safety things like they have now.
I know, grandpa shouldve got a patent!!!!!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

wishy - It makes it easier to remember your dreams if you keep a dream journal. But you have to write in it as soon as you can after you wake up, because it's way easier to remember the details of the dream right after having it. I found that even if I waited 15 minutes or so, I would forget a lot of the details. So just write as much about the dreams you have each night when you wake up, even the tiny little details that you can remember. Eventually, it will be such a habit that remembering your dreams will start coming easier to you.

I used to do this when I was into inducing the lucid dreams, and learning about astral projection. I really does help you remember them. Just like anything you put your focus and energy into...you just naturally start learning more about it. Through desire to learn, experience in doing it, a lot of research, and repetitive behavior of training myself to remember them and writing about them in a dream journal, I found that I got better and better at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have had vivid dreams for most of my life but especially vivid on Sub. I always seem to have the same dream of a place that is a combination of many places that I have been in my life especially work places, old friends that I haven't seen for years, people I have worked with over the years, just about everything that I did or places I went in the decade of the 80's comes to me in my sleep especially my mentor who died in 2001. And my sleep habits have changed because now, I could sleep at the drop of a hat and I can stay asleep as long as I want to. I fall asleep watching TV, sometimes even sitting at the computer. I talk, sing, sometimes I even cuss people out in my dreams. I don't want to share anything too personal on here yet but I will eventually.

Post subject: Yes, dreams
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:24 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I don't like dreams since I started subs. They are mostly terrors and give me a feeling of hopelessness. I didn't have these type of dreams before subs. I am in hopes that if I can get myself off of these that my dream life will return to normal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wilbarger, I too, noticed that my dreams went from peaceful and enjoyable to down right terrifying since the very first day I ever took a suboxone. Like yours, I always awoke feeling hopeless. The dreams were often of some scenario where my children were calling out for help and I could not get to them. I've awoken crying, screaming, and shaking with fear sometimes. However, once I was on them for more than a month, my dream process returned to normal, and even better sometimes. Sometimes I have these really cool, vivid dreams. They are hard to explain. I have often woken myself up talking....and I have no idea about what. LOL! I'm just glad they returned to normal because I don't know how much more of that I could have taken, I mean it.

How long have you been on sub? I was just curious if this is something new or if you've had this long term with the use of suboxone. IF that's the case, I really am sorry to hear that. I love dreaming. And if you were enjoying yours half as much as I did, before suboxone, I am sure you are anxious to return to that state of dreaming.

I hope that either way, it gets better for you. Everyone deserves to enjoy their dreams!

Post subject: Bad Dreams
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:46 pm 

Hey Wilbarger, how much Sub are you taking? The only time I had really lucid dreams was when I was on a high dose. Now that I'm down lower it seems like all is normal.

And how long have you been on it? That may have something to do with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Get the dreams as well.

Copping a lot of shit about it from the girl.

We call them boxydreams.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:39 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

ditto. zero dreams while on the full agonists. now I dream vividly almost everynight and naps too. it's a welcome return for me, i absolutely love to dream - good or bad... generally are very emotional experiences for me.

havent been able to "realise" im in a dream yet, but used too all the time when I was younger. that's my next step -- like the other poster said, I love to take flight or manifest a plasma cannon on my arm and lay waste to everything around me :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Th dreams man....they're the worst....

Very vivid, lucid. usually hoeless and sad. Sometimes cool like a sexual encounter, although rare.

Post subject: Re: Yes, dreams
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:37 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Wilbarger wrote:
I don't like dreams since I started subs. They are mostly terrors and give me a feeling of hopelessness. I didn't have these type of dreams before subs. I am in hopes that if I can get myself off of these that my dream life will return to normal.

Wilbarger, are your dreams any better lately? Are you still on Subs? My dreams are more of a comedic variety. I get to tell people things I wouldn't normally say because I know that I am dreaming. I wake cussing people out or sometimes even singing! I hope they get better for you. Try going to bed without eating up the whole house like I do. I eat all night long and then have strange dreams and wonder why. Let me know how ur doing.

Detapitsnoc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:21 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie to this forum and a newbie to Suboxone.

After the second day and evenings dose(s), the last one last night was at about 7 pm, I went to bed around 1 am, I had a difficult time going to sleep any, when I would doze off though I did have odd like dreams, nearly like a trip, where nothing made any sense, I would wake up every few miutes last night. I could remember parts of the funky dreams, but they didn't seem to be alarming or anything, just definately totally different than my dreams b4 sub. The dreams occurred when it was like I was half awake too, and it was like I knew I was having the dreams but just wanted to fall sound asleep !

I know that insomnia is a side effect for some people taking sub.

I was wondering, does this insomnia, w/ or w/o theses strange dreams continue the whole time I am taking suboxone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:40 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

just opened a new topic on this in a different section,not thinking to look here 1st.yes...my dreams are vivid,lucid,filled with such clarity and emotion i often wake myself up crying out loud.often when i get up i'm covered in tears and/or sweating.now that my gf of 8yrs broke up with me in june without as much as a reason why,just a let's be friends type of thing,my dreams are becoming more and more this way.she used to tell me before she knew i was on subs that this would happen but sometimes i'd laugh too.not anymore.

i hate it bc in order for me to calm down i have to take a xan and end up taking another 3-4mg of suboxone to elevate my mood to a happier place.i see it's more common than i had thought...