It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: dragging forward
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi! This is my first experience with this forum but have seen alot of great chats. I have been using subs since April 2011. I travel 3 hours one way for my appointment and pay out the a** for my script. My husband and I have been battling this together. We started using about 7 years ago. From the beginning I have been taking 1/2 of what my dr. prescribes because I have been splitting them with my husband (can't afford for us both to go). I feel great when I take my subs. Problem is sometimes I run out before I'm due for my appointment. I never take more than I am prescribed, but since I am sharing with my husband, I sometimes won't make it.

I am just so tired of constantly thinking about this (getting over the pills). And when I run out of subs my initial instinct is to panic because I feel crappy and then I have made poor choices to try and fight the sickness...it then turns into a vicious circle. The last time I saw my dr. he said I needed to test clean for THC at my next appt. so I haven't smoked since (2 months) and am proud of myself. I was smoking basically to deal with my insane anxiety. But, when I ran out of subs early I did a couple of opana's, therefore having to push my appt. even further out so I would pass my UA.

Idk, no one knows about our problem except for a few friends. I feel like sometimes I just need a place to say what is actually going on just to get it off my mind. Where I don't have to worry about being judged. Sometimes I wish I could yell it out to everyone...for the extra support, to explain my weird behavior in the past, and to stop feeling as though I am hiding something. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi SoDak and welcome to the forum. I'm glad suboxone has helped you out. It does seem that you've found yourself in a tough spot right now though. What dose are you prescribed and how much are you (both) actually taking? Have either or both of you tried cutting your dose down? I'm guessing you have, but I just wanted to mention the obvious.

Just know that you are not alone, you will not be judged here, and we're happy to have you. Good luck.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:46 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Soda k ;

I have been doing something similar with my room mate. He has been a friend for about 23yrs,and last year by chance he came across my add on craigslist for a room for rent. He moved in and all was well,until I noticed the all to familiar signs that we all undoubtedly are keen to. I mentioned suboxone to him and he said he'd love to but didnt have insurance. I then decided that since my sub visits are free,and the scrip only costs me 3.00$ I should help him.I've been regreting it ever since. I feel good about helping , but I am not happy about running out early. I'm sure your situation is a good bit touchier ,but I've been wanting to also get this off my chest. I guess we do the best that we can with what we have. Right? I hope things end up working out for you.

Take care.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: dragging forward
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sub1ForNow,

Thanks for the reply! Obviously I want my husband to win this battle as well, but it definitely creates animosity when we run out early, or I have to do the appts., and I have to do the traveling. But I am sure you are familiar with what I'm saying.

I am from a very small town, which is inundated with users. When I first started taking subs I felt very alone and somewhat guilty--I guess not knowing much about them or others who used them. This forum has just provided so much support and reassurance that I am not crazy, or alone in my thoughts and actions.

I wish you the best of luck!!