It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:37 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Well I'm checking in with my monthly taper progress from using the Rx film cutting guide. I am down to 1mg a day which is a huge milestone in my opinion. Below were my doses the last month. Staying on this schedule, in 4 more months I'll be down to almost nothing. I'm going to experiment with my doses at the end and probably drag it out a little bit longer. My goal is to be clean by 2014! That rhymes! Haha

week @ 1.25 mg
week @ 1.188 mg
week @ 1.125 mg
week @ 1.063 mg
week @ 1.0 mg
week @ 0.938 mg (Current dose since this posting is a week behind)

My other posts starting from 2mgs are listed in this forum and can be found if searched for.

"2mg to 1.5mg taper over 2 months - No problem..."
"Tapered from 1.5 mg to 1.25 mg - Still feeling good!"

So once I got down to my 1mg daily dose last Wednesday, I switched over from the 8mg films to the 2mg films. This was helpful because the size of the pieces were small from the 8mg film. Now it acutally feels like I'm taking something since the 2mg films are obvioulsy larger.

Another thing I tried, which I didn't prefer, was taking one dose a day versus spliting my dose into twice a day. I only did this for one day, but didn't prefer it because I couldn't get a good night sleep. I've always split my dose into twice a day and feel this really helps with stretching out the effects of Suboxone to help prevent any withdrawal symptoms from coming on in the evening and late night.

Since I've gradually tapered over the past 4 months from 2mg to 1mg, I feel good regarding my overall mental and physical state and haven't experienced any withdrawals. Based on the half life of Suboxone, I figure that at a 1mg daily dose, I have about 2.5mg of Suboxone in my system, but this is obviously approximate. The only thing I've noticed recently is that I've been waking up before my alarm clock (5am vs 6am) and seem to be wide awake. My heart is usually beating quicker than normal, but I'm not uncomfortable by any means. This early wake up is new to me because when I was on a higher dose of Suboxone (8mg), I could just sleep and sleep and woke up feeling like a zombie!

Also, I wanted to note that I haven't taken any precriptions to help with any withdrawal symptons since I haven't needed them. I have taken Aleve and some Immodium because a headache and some stomach issues. It was only for a couple days a couple weeks ago, but everything is fine now.

I'm going to keep reducing my doses by 0.063 mg every week, which is a 5-6% reduction and see how it keeps going. Since I have proven to myself that I could reduce from 2mg to 1mg without withdrawals, I plan to keep my methodology consistant and reduce and take my Suboxone as gradually as possible.

Thanks for all the support!!

RXFCG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:43 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Great job tapering down. Slow and steady does probably win. I am sure it kept my to a minimum. What is the jump point?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:59 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks DBMB. I plan to take it all the way down to zero, reducing by .063 mg every week. Once I get down to 0.125 mg or lower, I'll start reducing my amount by 0.015 mg. Before I jump, I'll gradually skip more and more days between doses to further reduce the amount of Suboxone in my system. I want to have the least amount of Suboxone in my system before I jump. I feel this will limit the withdrawals I could experience.

This is my plan and I'll adjust accordingly as the time comes. I have a daily record of my dose since 2 mg and plan to inform everybody as the time progresses and once I am clean.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:34 am 

You are an excellent example of how effective a long, slow taper can be! Having downloaded your cutting guide myself, it is easy to see how easy it is to keep track of a slow taper, and how easy it is to understand how to decrease by such small amounts.

Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing with us!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:39 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks Amy, I'm glad you like to cutting guide! It's really helped me out too, especially when I get down to small amounts.

I keep you and everyone else updated with my progress!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Your getting there and I'm sure getting your dose under that 1mg mark was a huge confidence builder for you. Congrats to you for sticking to your plan and making it work. Your a huge inspiration to me personally and I'm sure to lots of others here also.

Keep up the great work and be sure to update us as often as you can!

Karen
xoxo