It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I just want to let any pregnant woman on sub reading this that tapering off sub can be done while pregnant. (Always consult with your doc first though) I found out 5 weeks ago I was pregnant and managed to get down to .5 as of yesterday. I did it by letting my body be the guide. I'd taper, stabilize for a few days, then taper some more. It works.

Yes I have had some wd but NOTHING UNBEARABLE. Stopping cold turkey or dropping too much at a time is never a good idea for pregnant women but a sensible taper and a lot of determination and support and you can be off it and not ever have to worry about your baby having NAS. I was lucky to have excellent support of both my sub doc and OB for this. They both worked with me and now I'm sooo close to the end. I won't say it's been easy..but having the right mindset goes a long way. Reading some of the stories of NAS really helped my resolve in getting off. No way could I risk that.

I have had help for the last 1 mg from a guy by the name of Robert 325 over on this forum

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-dru ... 59192.html

He's helped A LOT of pregnant women successfully get off with very little wds. If anyone would like help post over there, the guy has a heart of gold and will help you get off this as he has literally thousands of people and many many pregnant women. Like I said, during my whole taper I never once had severe wds, not even close. If done reasonably you can get off and not have to worry about having a baby born addicted to sub. I see a lot of women scared of miscarrying. I believe a sensible taper would never cause this but I'm no doctor so check with your doc before doing any tapers. But know that it CAN be done and safely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:11 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey freebird. Just checking in on you! I had a chance to read through the link on the other forum. That is amazing that Robert has been so helpful to you! What a God send! I truly hope that you are able to get past this soon and don't have to suffer as much as I did :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi free bird and valleygirl. I'm glad you are both doing well with your pregnancies, and with your efforts to taper off (or be off) of Suboxone. It sounds like you both found a way to go off that works for you, which has resulted in as little stress and discomfort as possible.
Just out of curiosity I checked that thread from "Robert" on drugs.com. I guess it's the mother hen in me that just wants to warn you to be cautious. Several red flags came up for me, especially in that he has no medical training but helps pregnant women "for the glory of God who delights in His little children". Some of his info is incorrect, for example at doses below 1mg Sub doesn't have a 37 hour half life as he states. Also grinding up Subutex and cutting it into "lines" and keeping it on a mirror is not good advice for recovering addicts. I think what concerned me the most was that instead of just spelling out his tapering plan, he gives the first step and then says , "you and I have to be in contact every day". I'm just saying be careful, and there are a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum that can help you calculate the lower doses, etc.
Please continue to keep us posted on how you are doing. Good luck,
Lilly

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey there Lily,

Just wanted to clarify a few things.. first there is a general rule of thumb of a 25% drop every 4 days he goes by BUT with a pregnant woman he does follow that but at the same time wants to know how it's going symptom wise. If after 4 days I'm still not quite ready based on my symptoms I'll hold off another day or so. I agree that crushing the sub (not really into "lines" but piles is simply because if you've ever tried to cut a sub into 16 or more pieces..well it makes a helluva mess--I destroyed more then a couple subs trying to do it lol). Doing it this way leads to being more accurate and really there is no difference to putting a piece under your tongue or a itty bit of powder. Yes, I agree for addicts the temptation to snort might be there but for me (and I can only speak for me) I've never been tempted. The stuff tastes awful and the idea of snorting the it just doesn't appeal lol. But I can see where there'd be concern but like I said it's just easier to get the right doses when you get down to .25 and other "micro-dosages"

I've now dropped to 3.33 - somewhere in between .5 and .25 In another day or so it'll be .25 and after 4 or 5 days on that it's jump time!! I'm excited and nervous all at once. But the last 8 weeks of tapering I think will make the last drop no different then the others - feel a bit off for a few days no big deal (well except for my moodiness but that's also in part to being pregnant lol) and I think tapering carefully like I have will pay off big time when I do jump. I'll definitely report back post jump and let you all know how it goes. I just can't wait to be FREE from this. It's been a long time coming...