It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 7:13 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

So some background, I started out taking percocets and oxys, became addicted to them before I even realized what was happening, and started on suboxone about a year after starting doing pills. Upon reflection I should have just stopped the pills cold turkey and I would have been a lot better off, but I started taking suboxone about two years ago. I have been taking it every day since then but have never taken above about 3 mgs a day. Recently, I have managed to taper myself down to .25 mg a day and some days even less. I have skipped a day here and there but I am unable to consistently skip days. I just want my life back, and I realized how numb suboxone makes me feel. Since tapering down so much I feel so much more alive. With the exception of a little bit of restless legs and anxiety I feel ok. I am so ready to be off of this stuff. I never realized how much it changed me until recently. I feel like it has robbed me of my bubbly personality and dulled my emotions. I know I can do it and keep telling myself Im going to go every other day without taking it but then I wake up and take it because I feel as if I cant get thru the day without it. I feel like I cant be completely "sober" but I think a lot of it is in my head because I don't think I really get any noticeable effect from the small dose I have tapered to anyway. Anyway, I just need some encouragement and advice if anyone has any. I really wanna just make the jump and be done with this stuff but its like something beyond my control is holding me back. Please help!

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 8:04 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi there!
I have a little suggestion that helped me with some of the "mental" sides of this.
I stopped dosing in the mornings.
As soon as my eyes opened, I was hunting for the Suboxone or DOC for that matter.
And now that I got that habit broke. I take it later in the day between noon and 2:00. I feel like I have more control now, I take it on my time of choosing, not the "Addicted Mind's" time of choosing.
Understand my point?
Just a thought,
Welcome to the Forum!
Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 11:58 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

happy had a good tip and maybe that would help.

Instead of skipping days at this point, you can also cut the .25 down to .125 every other day for 10 - 21 days and see if that works...then, start skipping days from the .125. I plan to go as low as I can cut those pieces to minimize withdrawals. Good luck and let us know how you do.

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 4:17 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Another tip,
Maybe you ought to get stabilized first and then think about stopping and get some of these "mental addiction triggers" under control. Work on some more of your triggers, such as "dosing in the morning" habit. Look around your house, does anything remind you to dose? things like that. Try to get rid of them. All I am saying is step back and get a little more control of this first. If you don't, you will set yourself up to fail.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 10:28 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Start exercising now. If you're not