It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So I am new here so here is a little bit of history. I was addicted to opiates (mostly heroin and ocs) for about 2 years before getting on subs. I was on probably 6mg a day (snorted) for 5 or 6 months. I then took a buncha Kpins and did some stupid stuff so I ended up getting sectioned (forced into rehab for 30days). The first week was fine, they gave me darvocet and phenobarbital. After that it was horrible. I didnt sleep for two weeks. Probably around day 23 or 24 is when i slept one night and woke up feeling normal. After getting out of rehab i was clean almost a year and a half. The best time of my life.

Well shit happens and me and my girlfriend broke up and used opiates for about two weeks and then I wimped out and went back on subs. Ive been on them for about 8 months at 4-6mg a day (snorted). Recently I've had enough of it and wanted to become clean. I dropped my dose to 2mg under the tongue a couple days ago and felt like shit for a few days and didnt sleep but I think I'm stable now. I plan to do a taper to get off these things once and for all. Im thinking of doing the liquid taper and getting down as low as i can. I do have a week I can use to take off work for when I jump. Any thoughts or comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm not judging you, but snorting Subs is generally considered active addiction. Given your history of what sounds like an overdose, I would recommend getting some recovery under your belt before you go off Subs completely.

Post subject: Ditto
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:54 pm 

I'm with Lillyval,

We are not doctors, but we do listen to Dr. Junig and he states an addict should be on Sub for at least six months to a year before considering getting off. And we are talking about doing the work towards recovery or you'll just end up slipping and relapsing.

Have you done the "Here to Help" treatment program? You need some good quality time under your belt if you want to succeed. Of course I don't know you and it's only my 2¢. I'm just going by what I've learned about addicts.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Just FYI, since snorting it provides stronger effects, you can snort less and still maintain the same effect as you would get from sublingual use. So, I think you could drop your dose to 1 mg snorted, and not suffer withdrawals. Good way to conserve your pills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the comments. Ya i know snorting the suboxone was not the best idea and thats why I stopped doing that. It never got me high, I guess I just thought it wouldnt work the same under the tongue. I feel like I am ready to get off them though. The last time I got off them I was good for a year and a half no subs no weed no alchohol even, I just needed a better support system. I am thinking of doing NA when i get clean this time.

Post subject: NA
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

NA is probably a great idea. I am also down to 2 mg a day and plan to drop again soon. I am not currently in any group but I am considering NA long term as well. Just my opinion but I wouldn't snort your subs to conserve pills. Good luck.

Post subject: Re: NA
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

lamerjay wrote:
NA is probably a great idea. I am also down to 2 mg a day and plan to drop again soon. I am not currently in any group but I am considering NA long term as well. Just my opinion but I wouldn't snort your subs to conserve pills. Good luck.

Ya snorting suboxone is not good and it definitely just perpetuates addictive behaviors. I also believe sub is a lot more bio available by snorting it so a 2mg dose snorted is actually more than a 2mg dose taken normally.

Today I dropped to 1.5 mg because last night I actually got almost 6 hours sleep. The insomnia has always been, by far, the worst withdrawal symptom for me. I think I might have dropped to fast though because tonight I'm definitely feeling it. I took .5 mg klonopin to hopefully sleep tonight. I wish I had some clonidine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:32 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey bro
We met on one of my posts. Now I get it--you're getting ready to jump. For some reason I thought you had been off for like a year. All I can tell you is dont do it until you are committed to ride it out. But really man--you can do it. The few days of discomfort and crappy feeling is worth the rest of your life. Nobody wants to go through it--but thats the price we pay for abusing ourselves. If you ever need some support or want to contact me send me a note and I'll get you me personal email. I think you have it in you dude. Just wait until you are prepped for the ride. I jumped at 8mgs for two years anf felt like holy helll for four days (5-9) but what kept me going was being ticked at the drugs and wanting to be the dad and husband I need to be. So get mad at this stuff dude and fight it back. You can do it man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well I did it. I jumped off two days ago after taking 1mg for three days and felt crappy the whole time. I honestly don't feel much worse than I did at 1mg but Im sure the worst is yet to come. Wish me luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welly, I do wish you good luck. If you jumped two days ago from 1 mg, it's possible that whatever w/d symptoms you may have might happen sooner rather than later - if they haven't started already. At low doses like that - depending of course on how long one was on that low dosage - you don't have the stacking effect plus those low doses just don't have the AVERAGE 37 hour half life that we have when on maintenance doses. Did that make sense? I hope so.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.