It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Down to 1mg
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Okay everyone
I'm down to 1mg for the next week. Then I'm supposed to skip every other day with 1 mg- any ideas on how it feels to stop at 1mg?

Post subject: Re: Down to 1mg
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I stopped at about 1.5mg and while I was pleasantly surprised with my overall W/D symptoms, it was not a walk in the park by any means. If I had to do it over, I'd go lower. People who get down to .5 and .25 seem to have a much easier time.. If you can go lower, you should.

Good job so far.. hang in there!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi, I have been on sub since September 6th not very long. i am currently taking 4 mg a day. I tried cutting back from 4 mg to 3 mg a couple days ago. I wont try that again I felt like sh*t. I went right back to 4 and I am still having bad nausea. How did you get down to where your at like 1 mg. I only had a 50 mg addiction to vicodin when i started. I just couldnt stay away from them so i went the sub route. Any suggestions

Rich

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:11 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Getting below 4mgs is where the real work begins and trying to get below 2mgs is the hardest. When trying to taper lower from 4mgs its best to not go 1mg at a time, half a mg is what I find works best. You can go lower and reduce your dose by .25mgs but to me that is just to tedious, especially if you put in all that time and effort and then something happens and you end up going back up in dose. If it were me I would reduce by .5mgs and wait until your body completely adjusts to the jump and give it another couple days and then reduce by another .5 etc. If you try to lower to fast before your body adjusts its almost guaranteed to set someone up to go back up in their dose because you start to feel antsy and most likely will in a panic take more to get rid of that feeling.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:43 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Like Tiny said, stopping from 1mg isn't a horror show, but getting that dose down lower and lower will do nothing but minimize your wd symptoms further.

If it were me, I'd go down to .75mg or .5mg, stabilize there for a week or so, then start skipping days. I've seen several people get to .5mg then start skipping days and after a day or two of doing that, they just quit altogether and they had minimal to zero wd.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Romeo thanks for the info. Im not sure what your saying how do i get down to the .05. I am on 4mg a day. could you explain a taper plan for me. I didnt understand what you said in the last post. I would really appreciate it. The way i read it seems like you want me to go straight down to .075 or .05. That would be terrible. I dropped 1 mg and i felt terrible. Sorry I didn't understand.

thanks Rich

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Rungsat- I think Romeo's response was in reply to the original poster who is already down to 1mg.

As for a taper plan from 4mgs.. different tricks work for different folks. So it might be a bit of trial an error for you, but it's about finding a small dose to drop down to, and staying there until you're adjusted. I think I dropped by .5 from around 4mgs. I was split dosing though, and would take it off my morning dose, then I'd still have 2mgs at night. Then my next drop (once I felt comfortable,) I would take .5 (or .25..) from my night dose.. and so on. This is what worked for me. If you're only dosing once daily, you'll have to just find a small dose to drop to. It's not so bad once you're doing it. It's more mental than actually dealing with real withdrawal symptoms. You feel like you need more, but really, that .5 or .25 mgs doesn't make a whole lot of difference at the end of the day.

The smaller the dose you get down to, the smaller the drops should be.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank You Tiny. When I am ready I will drop probably .05 and then stabalize and then another 5 until i get to 1 mg and then drop from there. my doctor said today we would probably start the drop in another month. wonder why he wants me to wait a month? Anyway i appreciate the information and you helping me

I have been on sub since September 6th maybe he wants me on it for a while

Rich

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:23 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am going to try again tomorrow. Still going to try to go from 4 to 3. I feel like crap everyday, I have real bad nausea, just dont feel good physically or mentally. Time to bite the bullet and get off this stuff

Rich

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:10 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Rich,

You're feeling crappy and nauseous on your 4mg dose? From what I remember (vaguely) you came from a hydro (or minor Oxy) habit? I think I remember this but I'm on my phone and can't check. I think your dose could be too high for you of you're feeling badly on it. Regardless, I know you want to taper off, so this should make it easier for you. If your dose is too high, you should feel better as lower. Just be careful not to be too aggressive. Slow and steady wins this race. A half a milligram is a good drop. If that works great for you, and was easy, you can take another .5 off your dose after a few days of adjustment. And just go from there.

Most people here are on maintenance, but it seems you're using Suboxone for detox purposes? Whatever works for you, just be cautious of relapsing once you're off.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

You might be right tiny. Maybe the dose is to high. Its evening right now and i have taken 3 mg today and i feel fine. Your right it was a 50 mg a day vicodin habit. I will see how i feel tomorrow that should tell all. Thanks so much for supporting me i really appreciate it.

Rich

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am doing good Tiny, this is day 2 of my taper I went from 4 to 3 on Thursday. How long should I stay with 3 before I try to go lower

Rich

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's great, homie! You have to do what feels right for you, but if it were me, I'd give it about a week. You can feel it out and see what works for you, but I'd at least give it a few days to adjust to the drop. If it were anyone else who were tapering, I'd suggest a longer wait between dose drops, but because I suspect you were on a bit too much, I think you'll have an easier time. Still, you want to give yourself at least a few days to allow yourself to feel what it really feels like to be on 3mgs.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:52 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Rich, you're dose is too high. Without a doubt. I was taking about 90mg of oxycodone a day and 4mg made me really sick. I didn't understand it. I dropped to 2mg and felt better. Dropped to 1mg and felt even better! Sub is a very strong medication. 4mg of sub is much stronger than 50mg of hydro. Drop your dose, for sure! Hope you feel better soon!

"the only way out is through"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:54 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

WildWoman wrote:
Okay everyone
I'm down to 1mg for the next week. Then I'm supposed to skip every other day with 1 mg- any ideas on how it feels to stop at 1mg?

I was just on 1mg for like 10 days. I just dropped to 0.9-0.85 a day today. I would suggest you do the liquid tapper method it seem like many who have stopped have had success this way, and other ways this is just how I picked to stop this. I will do a 10% every 10 days if my body will let me. I plan to tapper down to .01mg or less if I can. Look up the plan its pinned at the top of the stopping suboxone. He in his post did 25% reductions most time I am doing it even slower ie. 10%. good luck and let me know it you have any questions as I will try and answer them for you. The support on here is great so Im sure you will have other on here who could help you better than me but with that said good luck and way to go.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks to everyone who is helping me do this taper. I am down to taking 2 mg today. I have still been nauseous on 3 mg. I have felt half way decent today. I think I will continue on 2 mg tomorrow. If I feel pretty good maybe I will try 1 mg. I can feel some withdrawl today but I can live with it. I am really determined to get off of this sub. I am really uncomfortable being on it. This all started with a series of surgery on my gums that I took vicodin for around 3 months and got hooked. I had a severe prob with opiates in 2005 and benzos and was also on methadone. I hadnt touched a opiate in all that time. I was reluctant to take it, but I convinced myself it would be only while I was in pain. That didnt work I couldnt stop taking them. I think part of my problem is I feel remorse that I was stupid enough to go back to the vicodin. I wont ever do that again. I am clean from everything except this sub. I am celebrating 5 months clean from Alcohol on October 12th. Thanks for listening. Please keep supporting me with posts it has really helped a lot. Im an addict so right now i really feel bad about myself.

Rung

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:41 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Everyone, thanks for posting your experiences. I was a very large dose everything opiate user for 15 years. I started on 32mg Sub for two years. Over years 3 and 4 I have tapered down to 1.5mg a day. It's hard to tell breaking up 8mg tabs but that's close. I want to be off by Christmas this year and your taper suggestion confirm that the goal is realistic. I'm switching to the 4mg films when the last two tabs are gone which will be easier for partial doses. 4/5 years is quite enough for me. Thank you all for the HOPE.
Slow and Steady
Brazel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi my doctor took me completely off sub 5 days ago. I was experiencing severe nausea, I came off at about 2 mg. I went from 4 to 2 in a week. After 5 days without sub I am still experiencing severe nausea is this a normal thing to be having while coming off sub I havent had many other withdrawl symptoms. Any help would be appreciated. I was only on sub for a month and i had a 50mg hydrocodone habit for three months. Im trying to figure out if the nausea problem is a seperate thing. When the doc took me off the sub he prescribed clonodine every 4 hours. I am hanging in there.

Rung

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:33 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Rung,
Nausea is a definite withdrawal symptom, both from opiates and suboxone. Especially since you tapered so quickly, your body is probably just out of whack right now. There are anti nausea medications out there that you can get prescribed. I know that I was throwing up 12 times a day when pregnant and those things stopped it completely!!! If you can't get any, try Alkaseltzer. Also a miracle worker. Hang in there!!! 5 days is a HUGE step, and it will get better!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:44 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Morning, Im 8 days off sub. Clonodine has helped for the withdrawls. Still struggling with a bad case of Nausea. I hope the nausea leaves and i can return to normal. Having nausea every waking hour is a real bummer. im on my third type of nausea med still no releif. Had cat scan yesterday and everything was fine.
rung