It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Re: Down to 1mg
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:59 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I don't know the consensus on the forum about marijuana but with more and more states legalizing it for medical use I figured its probably not against the rules to mention it? If it is Im sorry mods and you can delete this and I won't bring it up anymore but I just thought Id mention that marijuana is like a life saver to me during times of intense nausea during withdrawal, it really really REALLY helps by minimizing that uncomfortable rumbling, hunger pang but Im so sick I don't wanna eat feeling that never seems to go away. There are times Ive been doubled over leaning on my right side in the fetal position trying not to move so it will go away (if I move I'll puke) and sometimes I'll take just 1 little hit off a pipe and within minutes I can get up and move around without vertigo and I can even eat a little something. Marijuana has its pros and cons just like any other drug/med, but I just wanted to put it out there that in terms of combating nausea it works better than any anti nausea med, I mean if it can get cancer patients to be able to hold food down that shows how effective it really is. I hope this isn't breaking any rules.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:43 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I think we need a new thread on pot. I would think your sub doc would not be to happy with THC showing up in your drug test. I am dropping from 4mg with the hope of being free by chirtmas. So far I have been able to go 4mg to 3 mg every other day. Will be going to 4-3-3-4-3-3 next week and 3-3-3-3- the week after. It takes focus to make any drop and I do wish I could smoke a little pot from time to time but my doc would boot me if I did.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:19 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Any update wild woman?

"the only way out is through"

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:05 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forumn but not to suboxone or withdrawals weening stepping down etc...8 years on suboxone. On and off. I don't want to get it into why I've been on and off. I was reading Tinydancers posts and I wanted to just throw a few things out there.
First off great job on getting down to 1mg I'm actually at the same dose.
Having a plan is crucial. Stopping any habit is hard but the physical and mental aspects of suboxone withdrawal make this difficult. Please don't think I'm trying to be negative just being honest.
There are a lot of things to take into consideration when you go through this process.
Feelings (mental) start to come back. How are you going to deal with them. We all used for some reason or another and if you don't address them they can be worse than the physical pain of withdrawal. Make sure you have support and be honest with people you trust about how your feeling.
I don't want to run on so I'll wrap it up.
Physically even when you go down to a very low dose your body is going to get pissed. EXERCISE!
I can't stress how important this is. Start off easy when you feel those aches and squeezing annoying symptoms start. Take a walk around the block a few times. Do push-ups until you can't anymore. IT HELPS. Staying hydrated is also very important.
I wanted to keep it as simple as possible if you have any questions feel free to ask I've done this a few times. You can get through this.