It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:30 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Long time reader. A lot of posts by the people here have taught me a lot. I'm currently taking .125 mg every morning (an 8mg strip cut into 64 tiny pieces). Have been on this dose for about three weeks after dropping from .250 per day, which I did for close to two weeks. I have to admit, since dropping to .125, there would almost always be one day a week, during the first two weeks, I would take another .125 in the evening. Mostly on a rare off day, when I wasn't busy, which makes me believe its a mental thing. But, during the last seven days, only .125.

I'm doing great at work, I'm involved with multiple sports, and that's going well also. Suboxone truly has been an incredible help to me.

Problem is, I have tried to skip days without any success. Maybe it's to soon for that, I don't know. But when I do make this attempt, I get bad anxiety. And I realize this is likely mental as well. But it doesn't change the fact that it's happening.

I want to get off Suboxone for good, and I want to do it the right way. It's not like I'm in a huge rush or anything. But I do want to reach this finish line. As far as how I'm feeling goes, I get a decent 5-7 hours every night, and I have no problems working a 40 hour per week job. But I have a lot of lower back pain by the end of the day, and when I finally do sit down at the end of the day, I'm exhausted, literally. And again, the anxiety. Benzos are most definitely not an option for the anxiety by the way.

Should I stick with .125 for another week? Two? Three? Then start attempting to skip days? Just looking for a bit of direction. Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi AFD, Welcome to the forum!!

You've done a good job getting your dose down really low and I'm inclined to believe that your physical wd will be minimal. However, like you said, the mental wd may be a wee bit tougher. After reading your post, it sounds like you're in a good spot physically to jump, but your mind just isn't quite ready yet. If I were you, I'd continue being patient myself and give myself more time....how much more time is up to you. At some point, you'll know you're ready and you'll jump and we'll be here to help you along.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:29 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey AFD, congrats on getting down to such a low dose. It takes patience and persistence, which is something you obviously have. I tapered from 2mg down to .063mg over 6 months and jumped after being on .063mg for a week. I never had to skip days and personally don't believe in it versus gradually reducing your dosage.

My recommendation is to cut your .125mg dose in half, so .063mgs, and take that for a week or two. Then jump when your mentally ready. Once your down to that level, your withdrawals will be very minimal. Sleep might be light, but it got better after a few days for me.

Good luck with the rest of your taper! Your almost done!

RXFCG