It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Vey well. The pill you took tonight will probably help you get some sleep. Good night. And hopefully some more will give you their opinion before you have to make any more decisions. Bamagirl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It looks like you:
Fri AM stopped hydro
Sat PM started bup 1 mg
Sunday took .75 - 1mg bup
Monday took .25 -.5mg bup
Tues took 0 so far today

I have no medical expertise and hesitate on bup dosing discussions for that reason. What did ER tell you to do? did you get any relief there? It looks like you stopped hydro last Friday and are now 5 days in withdrawal from hydro. And the low bup dose is acting like a short acting opiate as well.

My thoughts are to help get you thru the night till you can meet up w your Dr. tomorrow.

You said you have both gabapentin and clonidine. Have you started these? If not - your reasons? Both really help w anxiety. I had a ton of anxiety w withdrawal from my doc. miserable times until I got started on Clonidine - worked very well. My concern for you to restart hydro for anxiety and depression is that's unsustainable as you well know. And given your history w anxiety and depression, until those are better controlled w whatever you and your Psyche Dr decide, it might be better for you to add the gabapentin and clonidine tonight, and consider more bup. tomorrow will come daylight and hopefully an appt w your Dr.

Truly truly sorry you are having such a hard miserable time w all this. The PITS. Wishing you my best, Pelican

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Now there is some good advice. I had forgot about the Gaba and Clonidine. So glad Pelican came along. I hope you see this new post. Pelican has been around this forum for a long time and always gives very good and helpful advice. Take it to heart.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Did get some sleep last night. Didn't need to take any subtext. Still very exhausted. Butt a little bit more than normal. I've been exhausted for months due to my anxiety and depression anyway and not sleeping well. Hopefully I won't have to take anymore subtext as I am not experiencing any severe withdrawals yet just still some extra anxiety and very very Rundown. I will be making an appointment soon to see my psychiatrist to talk about how to further continue with treatment for my depression and anxiety and how to rebalance my brain chemistry and boost my dopamine levels back to functioning normally. I have read a lot online about taking multiple supplements to help with this and really not sure what helps the best. I know one good thing is to eat a high-protein very nutritious diet which is beneficial for anyone's. Health. But I have so many other stressors in my life right now it's going to be very difficult. I also do see a therapist regular for my anxiety have been for the past two years. Problem is I still have back problems. The way to solve my back problem is to exercise and do core strengthening to strengthen my stability of the lower spine. Which will be even more difficult now with such low energy levels and lack of strength. I need to get back to work within a month or I will lose my house. And also my regular health insurance. Thanks again for listening and all your input I appreciate it it's been really helpful to have somebody to communicate with that understands

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PMU, So glad you got some sleep last night. Did you read what Pelican said about the other two drugs you already have? Those two both work good for withdrawals for future references. I am so sorry you have so much on your plate right now. If you need to vent or have any questions regarding the buprenorphine pills you take or anything, we are here. Bama girl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for all your replies. I spoke too soon and started going through withdrawals again today. I forgot about the clonidine. Afraid to take it to take it cuz I still have a benzo oaddiction and need to take some at least not to go through withdrawal and it does tend to lower my blood pressure and did not want to take it with the clonazepam. After having such trouble with the buprenorphine keeping me awake and such anxiety even while on it it kept the opiate withdrawals away but my anxiety was terrible unbearable let me to a total panic attack yesterday morning with the such anxiety level I have I was torn between taking it or not today and before I read your message about the Clonidine I screwed up and actually took hydrocodone dose to alleviate my anxiety and withdrawals so I really screwed up. And now I'm going to have to end up going through withdrawals all over again to get back on potentially buprenorphine or find another way to get off of this stuff. My therapist and psychiatrist both recommend potentially going into detox inpatient since I'm having such difficulty handling this at home. Right after I took the hydrocodone I started freaking out and tried to make myself throw it up but couldn't do it. So now I'm back to square one. Thanks for all your input and trying to help me. I'll keep you all posted in let you know where I go from here if I need any more advice. My mom is going to be devastated after finding out that I took the Norco again if she stayed with me past few days and watch me go through the initial withdrawal and yesterday she was freaking out with my panic attack and having to take me to the hospital. I guess I shouldn't dwell on making this mistake too much it's just a setback and I can still do this I just need to get the help that I need not just to get off tonight. Expect to also as all of you have read the depression and anxiety end of things which have made it much worse. As my therapist put it continuing to take narcotics in the benzos as a destructive path. And actually my psychiatrist won't even give me any more benzos until I'm off the narcotics. So now even if I go back on buprenorphine potentially and detox I'll have to go through withdrawal again and that sucked pretty bad to get to the level of withdrawals work safe to take the buprenorphine without going into precipitated withdrawal. Took me 37 hours to get to that point before the first 24 weren't too bad just not sleeping well feeling jumpy but the last six or seven hours was pretty damn bad as I'm sure all of you know.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Now my throat hurts from sticking my finger down my throat to try to make myself throw up the Norco one more thing to bother me sorry to be whining about some things but I really have nobody else to talk to other than my therapist & my mom about this. Of course other than the doctors than the doctors that is. And the pain doctor won't even talk to me unless I make an appointment to see him. At this point I don't even think I want to go back to him as I don't really trust his initial way of prescribing the medication. As I stated before probably in previous post I thought the dosage that he wanted me to start taking was way too high. And could potentially even make me sick throw up from such a high dosage I don't know I could be wrong butt from suggestions on other forums and reading about dosages taking 16 milligrams in one day for the level of dependency I have on the hydrocodone seems very excessive and others agreed.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I had a very strong feeling that you were going to take that hydrocodone the other night. I was so hoping you would have seen what Pelican posted. I'm still not sure why you can't take those meds now for withdrawal. Unless your saying the clonidine lowers your bloodpressure too much. Well there is always the gabapentin. That is what I used to take when I'd run out of pain pills and it would absolutely alleviate the withdrawals quite a bit. It may very well work long enough for you to get to where your able to take the Subutex. Just my opinion. Try not to worry about what your mom thinks about you taking the hydrocodone. We as addicts are bad about going back to what we know works. You are not very informed by the Dr. you have either. I hope your able to talk to the Dr./psychiatrist very soon as it sounds like he is the one you'll get more good solid useful information from. Plus I feel like you need that Dr. because of the anxiety and depression. You already know the Subutex aggravates that anxiety you have to the max. Good luck hun. Bamagirl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks again for your reply it really wasn't a matter of what my mom thinks it's all the stress and anxiety that she's also been under the past two years dealing with all my problems and trying to help me. She also now has anxiety and depression issues of her own to which makes it much more difficult for her. She does understand that it's also very difficult for me and it's been over backwards trying to help me and all ways possible

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

And it also hurts her very much to see me suffering

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Your not telling me nothing. I live with my parents. And they have been through it all with me, and I feel so terrible for what all they have had to endure. They are so happy that I found Suboxone and are witnessing a change that they never thought that they would live to see. I am here to tell you, Suboxone makes the difference in my life, like night and day. It sounds like you have a wonderful Mom and I'm sure your as grateful for her as I am for my parents. Sorry if I sounded insensitive in that last post, That is not how I was trying to come across at all. I just didn't want you to have anything ealse to worry about. Our parents who have never been through withdrawals, and have never craved pain meds, have absolutely no idea what it's like to go through a day in the life of us addicts. All they see is the ugly, us putting pills before anything else. That is untill we get recovery or MAT, one or the other. If anyone never experienced what we have then they will never understand what it is like. Sorry for rambling on, just didn't want you to take that last post the wrong way is all. Bamagirl