It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Dosing please help!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:40 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I went on vacation in Florida and lost a few films. My next appointment is next Thursday morning on the 10th. I only have one film left. This means I can only take 2 mgs. every other day. I was taking 4 mgs a day. Should I take one mg in the morning and one at night? How bad will the withdrawal be? This is my first time posting so thanks for the help.

Post subject: Re: Dosing please help!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello Meaghan and welcome to the forum!

Rather than taking 2mg every other day for a few days until you get more subs, and going a few days without taking any in between, I might instead try taking 1mg per day and at least have some sub in my system every day until your appointment. I think the withdrawals may be a little more than you want, and the mental thought of being low on subs, and then completely out can weigh heavily on your mind and make you feel miserable.

1mg of sub is still quite a bit as it's very strong and powerful. I think if it were me I would try taking 1mg each day around the noon hour if you can wait that long once you get up in the morning. That way you will have 8 days worth of sub and enough until you get your refill.

That's my suggestion Meaghan and maybe others have a different way to go with what you have to work with. But if you try to think of it as a positive situation instead of a negative one you can get by on 1mg each day. All the best to you and let us know how it goes!

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

^ I agree.

Good luck Meaghan!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:41 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks for the quick response I wasn't sure if 1 mg would last 24 hours. I'm glad I have film so I can cut them evenly. Thank you for the support it really helps. I agree that the mental part is hardest
Meaghan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I can pretty much guarantee you that your mind will begin messing with you IF you let that happen Meaghan.

You are use to taking 4mg per day. And now you will be trying 1mg per day and your body and mind will recognize that fact rather quickly. Try to reverse the thinking process if possible and tell yourself you don't NEED 4mg each day and you can get by just fine on only 1mg per day.

The power of positive thinking is amazing! Try not to give in when you begin thinking that 1mg just isn;t doing anything. It IS doing something Meaghan, it will keep sub in your system until you get your refill.

It's much better in my opinion having SOME sub each day rather than going a few days without any at all!

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:30 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I am going through the same thing til the 30th, how did you do on 1mg a day? I am scared please tell me you were fine!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

kearsten wrote:
I am going through the same thing til the 30th, how did you do on 1mg a day? I am scared please tell me you were fine!

Hi kearsten and welcome!

I'm not sure how Meaghan is doing as we are waiting to hear an update from her soon. But I can tell you how it was for me personally once my dose was reduced to 1mg.

I was on a high dose of 24mg in the beginning. I remained on that dose for about 2 years. I wanted off and began to taper myself and got down to 2mg during the 3rd year on subs. I tried jumping at 2mg several times and the symptoms were just too much and I went back on it. I came here looking for a taper plan to get down lower and found all kinds of suggestions and support.

To answer your question, once I got down to 1mg I really felt great! I actually felt much better on 1mg than I did on the higher doses. I seemed to have more energy and my thoughts were much more clear. I had absolutely no issues once I got my dose to 1mg. And from there it was a breeze to get lower and then off completely.

If you read around the forum here you will see that there are not very many people that have many problems taking just 1mg per day. Most everyone gets by fine with 1mg of sub. There are some that struggle a bit of course, but I believe the majority do very well on 1mg doses per day.

There's one member here that's been on a 1mg maintenance dose for quite some time and doing extremely well on it. Maybe you will hear from them and they can tell you how it's working in their favor.

That's actually quite a bit as sub is so strong and powerful. I would think you too would be just fine taking 1mg per day if that's what you choose/have to do soon. Give it a go and see for yourself and then tell others how it is for you so they can learn from your experience.

You might want to begin your own thread. That way you too can get lots of support from many others, along with suggestions and advice from the caring and knowledgeable members here. Just a suggestions for you.

Do you get more subs on the 30th, and if so what dose are you usually on?

Take care and best wishes. Let us know how your doing please.

Karen xoxo

Meaghan,

How you doing girl? Hop on and give us an update so we know how your doing.

Did you get more subs on the 10th and remain where you were in dose, or did you decide to remain at 1mg for now? Hope your doing well and it would be nice to hear from you soon!

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:40 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Someone stole what I had left, thankfully I had two in my purse bc I am suppose to take 4mg 3 times a day, but normally I only take one 8mg in the morning and I am fine, sometimes I forget on some days and I am ok. This happend to me Friday and I have taken 2mg yesterday and today, I have to start with 1mgmy tomorrow to make it last until my refill. I actually feel fine, even have more energy. I know who stole them and she stole my watch and some clothes as well. Ive taken care of that problem she is no longer allowed in my home or near me. Thank you for replying, it is very reassuring to know that I will be okay And that others have been through the same. I have been on subs since April of this year and it haas changed my life for the better. I was on pain pills for over eight years, didnt need them for pain after the first year but I was hooked, long story short I want to live a happy healthy sober life and Im on the r

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:43 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I am on my phone doing this, but I am on the road to lead a sober healthy life!!! And thank you so much again for replying!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:42 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I am feeling ok today, I still had enough to be able to take two mg this morning. I start the one mg tomorrow morning, I am hoping I do not go through withdrawals, or if I do that they are not really bad because I have to work twelve hour shifts all the way until my refill!!!!