It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Dosing w/ Films
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello there all my Sub-humans! j.k. I just started the films yesterday, & wanted to let anyone/ everyone who is interested know how they work (for me, anyway) They melt almost INSTANTLY, the taste is way less, although the same flavor...The time I spent dosing is fast, & the results are awesome. I feel like I'm getting a significantly bigger amount of my dose now, & have a much better energy level. Other than that, it's still the same stuff. love it. stuff saved my life! gotta go paint the house! (ha ha)....WEEE! Scottcat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey scottcat, good to "see" you again. I'm glad the films are working out for you. I tried them and just cannot get used to the taste. I find that the tablets taste like super-sweet candy compared to the medicinal taste of the films. But that's just me, I know I'm in the minority. I just hope my doc will go back to prescribing the tablets for me.

You're also in good company when you say you think you're getting your full dose now as compared to the tablets. Some people even lowered their dose when they switched to the film. Good on you!

P.S. Wanna come paint my house when you're done?

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:23 pm 
I will have mine in about 2 weeks so im curious to see if I like them since I would rather have tablets. If I feel that Im getting a better dose I'll be very happy, even if the taste is bad it will not bother me if they are more effective. Nothing can taste as bad as when i had to guzzle down a big mug full of poppy pod tea every morning.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: See, this bugs me, lol.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

For me, this is kind of a problem. I'm using my leftover tablets and half a strip a day to complete my 5 mg dose. If you are weaning down, you really need to know exactly how much you are taking. At some point, I'll run out of tablets. Actually, before I run out I'll have to quit using them at some point because I only have 8's. My doc only prescribes films now and no tabs but my insurance does not cover them. (Thank God I hoarded tabs that I didn't take!!) So, when I switch to the films only, probably when I drop under 4 mg, I may be actually taking MORE than before?? That kinda messes up my taper! I called the doc and the drug company and, of course, they say that there's no difference between the doses. I don't believe them. I tried only using films and could feel it myself. Plus, pretty much everyone says they feel it's stronger and a lot of people reduce their dose. I think it's because with the tabs, most of us do end up talking/moving and swallowing at least some of the dose. It's just too hard to stay absolutely still for up to an hour. If I fall back asleep in the morning after taking my 1/2 8-mg tab, I can sleep for another 2 hours and some of that thing is still there!!

Speaking of the drug company, or the Here to Help, or whatever that line is, what are they there to help with exactly? They won't or 'can't' answer any of my questions. One lady told me it was impossible to cut the films because they were too sticky, like teeth whitening strips. Ummmm......I think she had never even seen them......they are not sticky. They are like little squares of leathery Bible paper.

Aside from that, yes, the films rock. They are waaaay better as far as dissolving time and strength of the flavor, etc. IMO. I like the little packets. And, best of all, you CAN cut them VVVVVEEEERRRRRRYYYYY tiny!!!!!!! That part is awesome!!!!!! For me, the day I got my films, I saw the path that would eventually lead me off of Suboxone.

laddertipper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:54 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

laddertipper wrote:
I called the doc and the drug company and, of course, they say that there's no difference between the doses. I don't believe them.

You shouldn't believe them. The insert medication guide that comes in the 30-pack box of 8mg films says:

"Patients being switched between SUBOXONE sublingual tablets and SUBOXONE sublingual film should be started on the same dosage as the previously administered product. however, dosage adjustments may be necessary when switching between products. Because of the potentially greater relative bioavailability of SUBOXONE sublingual film compared to SUBOXONE sublingual tablets, patients switching from SUBOXONE sublingual tables to SUBOXONE sublingual film should be monitored for over medication."

I started the film about 20 days ago and I LOVE IT!! I had recently stabilized on 2x8mg tablets, down from the 4x8mg I inducted to a little more than 6 months ago. Recently I had become experimenting with taking 1.5tablets every third day. When I started the film, I went down to 1 film a day within about 5 or 6 days of the transition. I've had ZERO problems.

Of course, I always had trouble with the tablets so I was probably not getting as much of the dose as someone who is diligent with holding the saliva in their mouth for the full 30 mins, so for me the increase in bioavailability is probably more dramatic than for others.

From reading your post it sounds like you'll never again be able to get tablets? It sounds like you almost have to just bite the bullet and stabilize on films so you can continue your taper. One thing to note is that the films allow much more precise partial dose dosing, so you won't have to use the water method. I started alternating .5 films and 1 film every other day and made a little jig to make sure I perfectly cut the film in half. Once you get down to 2mg films, it will probably be pretty easy to precisely dose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:54 pm 
My main gripe with the films is how its so tricky to get them under your tongue in the correct spot. They almost always somehow get stuck to the bottom of my tongue when I put them in. It realy angers me because if its on the bottom of my tongue I theorize that its just dripping down onto the top of the pool of saliva and never touching the membranes under my tongue and getting washed away. I know some of it can absorb into the tongue but it seems like a lot will get wasted. How do you guys get it in the right place under you tongue? Ive tried tweezers but I still have trouble, using my fingers to put it there always ends up going in the wrong place or gets stuck to my finger. Im getting real upset about how many doses Ive "wasted". Im supposed to be on 8mgs, hell my doc even says 16mgs but I can only afford 4mgs a day so not getting full absorbtion is realy a big problem for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:57 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hey suboxowned i take 8mgs - what i do is cut it in half and put one square on each side of the line in the middle of the underside of my tongue. i use my fingers and use that line as a guide, putting each square right up against it. just be careful and patient. i got the hang of it after a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:46 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

suboxOWNED wrote:
My main gripe with the films is how its so tricky to get them under your tongue in the correct spot. They almost always somehow get stuck to the bottom of my tongue when I put them in. It realy angers me because if its on the bottom of my tongue I theorize that its just dripping down onto the top of the pool of saliva and never touching the membranes under my tongue and getting washed away. I know some of it can absorb into the tongue but it seems like a lot will get wasted. How do you guys get it in the right place under you tongue? Ive tried tweezers but I still have trouble, using my fingers to put it there always ends up going in the wrong place or gets stuck to my finger. Im getting real upset about how many doses Ive "wasted". Im supposed to be on 8mgs, hell my doc even says 16mgs but I can only afford 4mgs a day so not getting full absorbtion is realy a big problem for me.

This method works for me:

Remove the film from the packet and pinch between finger and thumb
Lift your tongue as high as you possibly can against the roof of your mouth
Rest the film on your front teeth and then using your forefinger "Slide" it quickly over your teeth and let it drop at an angle down to the bottom of your mouth.
Lower your tongue rather quickly to lock it in place.

After using a few different methods I found online, this one really seems to work for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

suboxOWNED wrote:

Ha ha....I feel ya suboxONED, I have big hands, and it makes it even harder to fumble with that thin little strip, and once you get it wet.....forgrt about it. LOL

Post subject: Re: Dosing w/ Films
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:00 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

scottcat wrote:
Hello there all my Sub-humans! j.k. I just started the films yesterday, & wanted to let anyone/ everyone who is interested know how they work (for me, anyway) They melt almost INSTANTLY, the taste is way less, although the same flavor...The time I spent dosing is fast, & the results are awesome. I feel like I'm getting a significantly bigger amount of my dose now, & have a much better energy level. Other than that, it's still the same stuff. love it. stuff saved my life! gotta go paint the house! (ha ha)....WEEE! Scottcat.

yes i am intrested in your work tell me and include me in your search.