It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Dosing Amounts
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I myself cannot quite understand the dose I am given, but as the doctor is always busy and never there when I go in they do not seem to give me the right amount. Sometimes they claim it's so busy that he isn't there, well today I go in to see the Dr. himself and this is something I will address.

As far as I know everyone is telling me that I should be on a higher dose, but I'm no Dr. I am coming off an addiction of more than 4 years. The last 2-3 years atleast using OxyContin everyday atleast 160mg a day, I used to sniff it, and then started smoking it. On weekends I'd push anywhere from 300-400 mg a day, as I blew my entire paycheck on the stuff. I'm not sure if its appropriate to state how I used, but I feel its important especially for the doctor to dose me. But they are just giving me a little to get by until I speak with him, where as the first time I spoke with him he didnt want to give me any Suboxone at all and didnt. But that ended up not working at all. The first day I was given a script for 3, 2mg pills and the following day 4 2mgs. It's helping tremendously but still having some trouble sleeping and leg aches. I have never taken this stuff before and never been so positive about quitting, it truly is amazing. It makes me feel so so positive and that is probably what I like most about it. Today I'm going to ask to up my dose but I really am unsure how he'll take it. It's weird, the Kaiser docs are really reluctant, but I don't see why there is really nothing to lose. I have everything to gain and this is a stepping stone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I started out at 32mg after i quit using, I was taking 900-1000mg Morphine a day or 400+ OC, I hope you are feeling OK!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:39 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Did you ever get a dose adjustment? Are you still in treatment?? Has everything worked out with your doctor? Let us know what happened and how your are doing! Hope all is well, good luck.

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ---Salvador Dali

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I, too, am interested in if you ever got you dosage right.

Let us know how you're doing.

Melissa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:38 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I started out on 3 2mg too and I'm trying to settle on 2 8mg -- still having daily withdrawal symptoms however. I don't understand the reluctance of docs to prescribe. It's the best drug I've ever taken to treat a myriad of disorders, including depression, cravings, and pain. Stay with it until you get it right and don't back down!