It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:22 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey folks, haven't been on for awhile, had a lot of anxiety issues and while for some sub helps anxiety/depression but for me it seemed to make it worse. I had a hell of week of panic attacks so i dropped my dose from 16mg to about 4 a day in a short period of time. I know this isn't normally recommended but it worked just fine. i was a little tired for awhile and felt a bit moody but now i'm down to 4mg a day and talked with my doc going to stay there for a little then go to 2mg. I took a leap of faith and it worked. no cravings what so ever!!! just wanted to say hi to all those I havent gotten to read posts about and just say im pretty damn happy about this. ... just had to share the news, no one other than you folks will get how important this is to me to have been able to do this (once again i know, i know not recommended lol)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi honeybee - I'm so glad you found what works for you! Some people do have increased anxiety from suboxone. Unfortunately, when someone is new to sub, they're also new to remission (obviously) so it's hard to tell where the anxiety is coming from. (It could just be normal due to starting a life of abstinence.) It's clear now that you were having anxiety as a side effect from the sub. I'm so happy that you were able to establish that with some certainly and especially that you were able to address it by lowering your dose.

Keep up the good work and keep moving forward.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: That's great news
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:28 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Honeybee,

I also haven't been on in awhile, but decided to give the forum another try since I really feel the need to get support (and give it) from people that are going through what I am.

I read your thread and wanted to congratulate you on finding the dose that is helping you feel good with no anxiety.
That's awesome !!!

I am struggling some with finding my correct dose. Although, when I listen to Hat, I think I have found my dose without realizing it !
You'd have to read my thread.

Anyway, congrats to you, I think it's great news !!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

thanks ladies it was a big step but i know i needed to do something abouty my anxiety. my doc is completely on board with my taper , wants me to stay at 4mg for a while but glad i took the initiative , anxiety or not to taper down, he was been a wonderful. he does currently have me on some anxiety meds to help my panic attacks but so far so good. i know for some sub needs to be a longer use fro various reasons, pain issues, long term opiate use ect. i am just glad i could manage the the side effects of the taper and work towards getting off subs , but one step at a time, best of luck to all of use on subs. i also use counseling to manage my anxiety as well.