It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Doseage Mgmt & Honesty
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey All,

I've been taking Sub for a month now. First time using it to get off opiates. The Doc put me at 2 Films (8mg) a day. I have found that I have taken an "extra .25 here and there" for energy or to feel a little better after a long work day so I can spend time with kids \ family and not be, well be a grumpy jackass. My family time is infrequent due to work and I cherish every minute.

So, I am taking .50 - .75 at 5:30 AM. By 10 - 11 AM, I am starting to ache and get irritable. I am in the "People Service" industry and have to maintain a friendly demeanor, so I have found myself taking another .50-.75 by noon, then .50 at 5:00 and mebbe another .25-.50 in the evenings to get to bed "ache-free".

So, I am tricking myself into 2.5 strips a day - NOT good! I aim to get off all of it, but was wondering if anyone else puts themselves through the old "mind games" like I did with meds and how they manage(d) to get back to "honest and accurate" doseage.

Would REALLY love to hear from those who have been able to jump off as well as those who have learned to do it right and are comfortable with their daily dose and life, with or without Sub.

Thanks All!
:?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You need to stop dosing every time you feel slightly uncomfortable. Best practice is once a day dosing (except for pain-gmt patients) so that you just take it and forget about it. Some people find they do better on twice a day dosing, but even then it should be at a set time and not as a pick-me-up or taken in response to grumpyness or tiredness.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Are you really getting any kind of extra effect from it by taking more than 16mg, or do you think it is just a phychological thing? I would think that at that dose, you are well above the ceiling, where you wouldn't feel anything at all when you take the last extra dose.

I do this sometimes, and feel a little extra energy, but I am only at 4mg/day. I've never taken more than 8mg/day, and that was only a couple days here and there, so I don't have experience taking that amount of sub, and whether or not it actually makes me feel any different.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

:oops:
Thanks Diary - You're right - It's boils down to "Get real or don't bother" and not bothering is not an option. Thanks!

Taurus:
When I started, he told me to take 1 full strip in the AM and 1 full strip in the afternoon. I found that a full strip all at once had my head so "scattered" and unable to track thoughts that I was jumping all over the place, accomplishing nothing. Then, thinking about how they did it at that detox, I figured I'd split 2 doses a day into 4-Half doses a day. during the 4th week (I'm starting week 5 or so) I "thought" a little bump picked me up when I needed it.
Fact of the matter is that the "addict" in me starts telling me I know better than the Doc and that's just not true. No one had ever told me about induction or anything like that, so I just started off with 1 full strip, Cutting it down stopped the scattered thinking and behavior. But, they did tell me that the effect "flattens" out after 16 Mg and that taking more would simply be throwing money away.

Add that truth to Diary's honest and direct reply - it boils down to "Don't play with it and do it the way I'm told. I'm not the Doc - I'm the patient."
Gotta keep that in the forefront of my thinking.

Thanks all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Its hard, but you learn...............

at least I did. Im a pain management patient too and when I first started suboxone therapy, I took it at all different times of the day, didnt keep track of anything, untill about a week before my refill was due, then it was UH-OH

I was honest with my doctor when I ran out, the last time I did it.
And I talked to my therapist about it too.

FINALLY ,,, had a trusted family member give me my suboxone one week at a time basically, and after a few months of doing well like that things have been good. I actually have a bit extra.

In my opinion, some of us just like to beat our head agianst the wall a bit, and that 'addict' part of the brain is a bit stubborn, but if you WANT it bad enough, its achievable.
RECOVERY

Just wanted to say your not the only one, and hang in there, push through the urges.

Im rootin' for ya :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Just the fact that you came on here "telling" on yourself, and asking questions, is a good sign. It's good that you recognize your addict behavior and have a desire to change it! Good luck to you, and keep us posted on how you are doing! :wink: