It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:37 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

[font=Verdana]
I texted me Suboxone Dr. on Saturday (I have been his patient for 7+ years),
letting him know that I was still having cravings on 2 mg per day; and asked him
if he would please call me in some more. As a result, he texted me back, saying
to wait until Monday. So, Monday morning came around,
and he called me to go into his office for a drug test. I went in and could not pee right
away. So, I drank about 5-6 big cups of water and a large cup of coffee, and waited
until after he had seen another patient- about a half an hour; and then I was able to
urinate. (I came up clean from all drugs.)
So, he wrote me out a prescription for four 8 mg tablets to get me through until
the first of next month, which my insurance would not cover. (I had to pay cash for these ones-
I payed $31 and some change.)
And then, he gave me a post-dated script for the second of Sept. for sixteen 8 mg tabs
to last me until my next appointment, on the 29th of next month. (My insurance *will* cover
those.) I am to take them like this: one-half of an 8 mg tablet one day, and then one-fourth
of an 8 mg tab the next day, and so on.

I just wanted to share my experience of getting my dose raised,
and I welcome any comments on my experience thus far.

[/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:33 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So how are you doing on the new, increased dose? Are you still switching on and off each day? Normally people do that when they're trying to drop their dose or if they want to stabilize on a dose such as 3.5 mg instead of 3 or 4. Maybe that's what your doc wants you taking, 3.5 instead of 4?

Anyhoo, just wanted to check in and see how you're doing.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: Increased Dose
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:34 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

hatmaker510 wrote:
So how are you doing on the new, increased dose? Are you still switching on and off each day? Normally people do that when they're trying to drop their dose or if they want to stabilize on a dose such as 3.5 mg instead of 3 or 4. Maybe that's what your doc wants you taking, 3.5 instead of 4?

Anyhoo, just wanted to check in and see how you're doing.

Thanks for the reply, Hatmaker.

To answer your first question: no, I am not switching on and off each day, like I had previously intended.
I want my opiate receptors to be saturated at 4 mg per day- I believe that this is at the ceiling,
if I remember correctly. My Dr. wrote next month's Rx for sixteen 8 mg- with no refill; and I see
him next on Sept. 29th. He wrote "take one-half one time per day." So, I believe that I will stay
at this particular dosage. My insurance will cover up to thirty 8 mg Subs until Nov. 24 of this year;
after that, I believe that I *should* get approved for more coverage *if* my Dr. faxes in a prior
authorization form. (He has been pretty good about doing this, over the 7+ years during which
he has treated me.)

But if my insurance won't cover anymore after that, then I will have to pay
for them myself; and I am on a low, fixed income. So, that means that I will have to go to a lower
dosage so that I can cover the cost of my meds *and* the cost of the office visit.

BTW, I am doing very well on 4 mg per day- no cravings and absolutely no w/d symptoms.

Thanks, again, for checking in! :-)

-ex-

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi, I am happy you are feeling better. Incase you didn't know, there is a patient assistant program for sub. I think each Dr can have 2 or 3 patients on it at a time and gives you free meds for a year. I am sure you probably already know this as I am sure you are an expert on subs by this point but thought I would throw it out there, take care!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:16 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Breezy_Ann wrote:
Hi, I am happy you are feeling better. Incase you didn't know, there is a patient assistant program for sub. I think each Dr can have 2 or 3 patients on it at a time and gives you free meds for a year. I am sure you probably already know this as I am sure you are an expert on subs by this point but thought I would throw it out there, take care!

Hi, Breezy_Ann.

Thank you for that info!
No, I did not know about the patient assistant program before.
I will definitely have to ask my Dr. about that, if/when my present
insurance will not cover my subs.

Do you know where I could find more info about this program?

And, I am in NO way an "expert" on subs.
That is one reason why I have joined this forum-
I learn something new everyday, actually...
I like to think that I am able to remain teachable, no matter how much experience
I have on them. There is always something new to learn.

Regards,

-ex-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The patient assistance program (PAP) is for uninsured persons only - you have some kind of insurance, right? And each doctor is allowed to have 3 patients on it. (Which is pathetic compared to other med's programs, but that's beside the point.)

Under the "Links" section of the forum, there's a thread with a link to the PAP program (or one of them).

Last edited by hatmaker510 on Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:41 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

hatmaker510 wrote:
The patient assistance program (PCP) is for uninsured persons only - you have some kind of insurance, right? And each doctor is allowed to have 3 patients on it. (Which is pathetic compared to other med's programs, but that's beside the point.)

Under the "Links" section of the forum, there's a thread with a link to the PCP program (or one of them).

Yes, I do have insurance- Medicaid, actually-
so it looks like I would not qualify for this program...

Thanks for letting me know this, Hat.

-ex-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I thought I had read a post on here about someone who's insurance stopped covering their subs and they got on the assistance program. I guess I was mistaken, sorry!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I've never heard that, only that it's for uninsured people. But if anyone has been in such a situation (with insurance but no coverage for sub and was approved for the Patient Assistant Program anyway), be sure to let us know so that our information provided is accurate. Thanks :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:42 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

might could talk your dr into giving you 2mg tablets instead so you don't have to split them up as much. you could get more of an exact mgs per dose. i like the 2's a whole lot better and able to take a lot less than the 8's. not to mention the dissolve time is cut in half