It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:38 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes that is correct. At the height of my addiction, I was taking 20 mgs of Lortab a day. I had 2 10mg pills a day that I broke in half. I dosed myself 4 times a day at 5mgs each dose for 4 years. When that routine had depleted my $20,000 inheiretence and the tabs quit working, I sought help for my addiction. My life was in a real shambles and I tried to get into every psychiatrist I could find. None of them returned my calls. Then a friend suggested the Suboxone Clinic. They got me in really quick and have treated me inhumanely since. When I complained about this gut wrenching anxiety that came every day an hour after I dosed with suboxone they said "why do you keep doing this to yourself? Suboxone doesnt cause anxiety" and similar demeaning comments. I have been in the ER so many times that the dr.'s there refuse to run tests anymore because they say my heart and brain are normal. The Suboxone dr sent me to a mental health group where they increase my zoloft, and added Hydroxyzine to help me manage the anxiety - coupled with a support group 4 hours a day - 3 days a week - where 15 people talk about problem after problem - none of which are addiction, or suboxone.
Two days ago, my sister finally got into a 70 year old psychiatrists office who specializes in mental health AND who dispenses suboxone and subutex. After 5 months and 20 days of hell with that Suboxone Dr, I feel that I am in a place where I can begin to recover. The first thing they said was I was having an adverse reaction to Naloxone and switched me to Subutex. Yesterday was my first day on it and ALL the symptoms I have been sturggling with were no longer there. This tells me everything I need to know. I had no idea what Suboxone was, and trusted that all dr's meant the oath they took to do no harm....but have met one who didnt mean a word of it. Thank you all so much for the information, it means so much to me as I try and navigate through all of this. I appreciate you taking the time to help me.