It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Dosage
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:45 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I read a lot about mg here....the only Suboxone I know of is the strip I'm on....8mg/2mg.....8 mg being the opiate I think. So if I'm cutting them in 1/4's and trying to only take one per day I'm taking 2 Mg per day????? Are there lower mg strips? Higher? Pills? I could google it but am too lazy and busy. :lol:

Post subject: Re: Dosage
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

papacraner wrote:
I read a lot about mg here....the only Suboxone I know of is the strip I'm on....8mg/2mg.....8 mg being the opiate I think. So if I'm cutting them in 1/4's and trying to only take one per day I'm taking 2 Mg per day????? Are there lower mg strips? Higher? Pills? I could google it but am too lazy and busy. :lol:

Suboxone, the film (from Reckitt), contains 8mg of buprenorphine...which is a partial opiate agonist..(not really a full opiate, and not considered such). The 2mg means it contains 2mg of Naloxone, which is a deterrent for abuse (give the blocking of abuse of Suboxone.)

If you're taking only a quarter of an entire strip, then yeah, you're taking 2mg-.5mg doses. That's if you're able to cut the 8mg strip in equal 1/4-sized pieces...which can be a task (I ALWAYS cut my strips, usually in 1/4s or even smaller slivers).

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:44 am 

Cute granddaughters! To answer your other question, the films come in a 2 mg size as well with .5 mg naloxone. I'm not very knowledgeable about the pills.

Amy

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Papa,

Hope you don't mind me calling you that. I have a Papa too, he's about 2000 miles away from me now and I don't talk to him much anymore....but I like the name, brings back fond memories.

Anyway, I am currently using the 2mg strips. It's much easier to cut them to the smaller doses when you get to that point in your taper. But I've recently heard they have come out with a 4mg and either a 12 or 16mg strip. The 8mg and 2mg's have been around awhile. But, if you're having to pay for your meds I would stick with the 8mg until you get lower because they tend to be almost the same price.

Q

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Reckitt doesn't produce a pill-form of Suboxone, I'm not sure on the Amneal and the other manufacturer that recently started with the generics. I know mid-March was the end of the Suboxone (Reckitt) pill-form, they convinced everyone that their own pills were too dangerous and film was so much better than the pill.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:42 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

qhorsegal2 wrote:
Hey Papa,

Hope you don't mind me calling you that. I have a Papa too, he's about 2000 miles away from me now and I don't talk to him much anymore....but I like the name, brings back fond memories.

Anyway, I am currently using the 2mg strips. It's much easier to cut them to the smaller doses when you get to that point in your taper. But I've recently heard they have come out with a 4mg and either a 12 or 16mg strip. The 8mg and 2mg's have been around awhile. But, if you're having to pay for your meds I would stick with the 8mg until you get lower because they tend to be almost the same price.

Q

Thats fine horsegal...its fun being a papa :D thanks all for the info.