It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Dosage and duration
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:34 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey everyone I'm not sure if I'm doing this right but here it goes. I was on roxys and dilaudid for about 5 years, since I was 17. And I just recently hit my all time low and decided I needed change and I couldn't continue living like that. So this is my 6th day on suboxone and my doctor prescribed me 3 strips a day of the 8mg. Everything seems to be going great and this stuff seriously works. I was curious as to how long I can expect to be on subs(my doctor didn't say anything about that) and what dosage other people are currently taking? Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Dosage and duration
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sj42h wrote:
Hey everyone I'm not sure if I'm doing this right but here it goes. I was on roxys and dilaudid for about 5 years, since I was 17. And I just recently hit my all time low and decided I needed change and I couldn't continue living like that. So this is my 6th day on suboxone and my doctor prescribed me 3 strips a day of the 8mg. Everything seems to be going great and this stuff seriously works. I was curious as to how long I can expect to be on subs(my doctor didn't say anything about that) and what dosage other people are currently taking? Thanks!

That really depends on a LOT of factors. There are SO many things that can weigh in on this..like the length of time that you were actively seeking...and using, the usual amount that you used to get your "high" or euphoria, but the psychological and mental aspects are what makes you need to have a more lengthy treatment.

Once you get into that addict mindset, it's hard to break that. You tend to mold your life around your addiction, and for some, like myself, my addiction depicted EVERY single thing that I did. I made every aspect of my life something tied into my seeking behavior, so much of this depicts how long you need a treatment program to last.

Personally, and this is just ME..but I used suboxone for addiction treatment, and now I use the Suboxone for that along with pain management. I have some legitimate pain issues that are documented, and I have to have some type of pain management meds, so I prefer to have suboxone rather than risk going back down the road of opiates again.

I'm on 2 1/2 strips per day, and that does it for all my needs...sometimes I go higher than that like when I had 5 teeth extracted last week...I used more Suboxone instead of using any type of opiate pain meds...

It all depends...and no one can say for sure except for you, and you know how involved you were with your addiction.
Personally I would recommend a short-term only if you're not that heavily addicted. There's just TOO many high relapse rates in people who go short-term for long-term addiction treatments..it does NOT work. If you have ANY doubt about your ability to stay clean once you come off Suboxone, then I would NOT recommend coming off of it, PERIOD. It's MUCH safer to stay ON it, and be clean, than be OFF of it, and risk falling back down.

Those are just my views..and relative to my own experiences.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:06 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Alright well thanks for the advice. My addiction didn't really take off till about 1 year ago when I startin using about 8-10 roxy 30's a day intravaneously. I seriously lost everything I had and my whole life as you know was revolving around my next high. Which I really wasn't getting anymore, I was just using to keep dodging withdrawls. Is there a certain time a day that's best to take my dose or does it not matter? I heard I could do my daily dose all at one time since its just a daily dose of 24mgs